• ahmedissy17 February 2018
    AMAZIAG
    ..................................................................................... .......................................................... ............................................ ............................... .................... .......... ..... ...
  • ra-1884117 February 2018
    Life Giving
    The Shawshank Redemption will wake you up from inside.
  • rawatankit-1908817 February 2018
    Best of the best
    Believe me when I say this is the best movie I have ever seen.and I have seen anime's,movies but there is nothing like Shawshank redemption.this movie is pure gold.best movie there is and there ever will be.it stars Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins. Amazing acting by these two.wonderful story and just amazing movie.words are not enough to tell I great this movie is.its just flows with you.
  • timros-2239116 February 2018
    Very noice
  • frankcyber16 February 2018
    Awesome
    One of the Finest and best movie I have ever seen in my life time and it never gets old.
  • rishavk-2888516 February 2018
    Powerful movie
    Best mystrical movie of 94s and I love that huh the acting by andy us good
  • doding14316 February 2018
    Hen I sa
    Hen I say "The Movie", my friends know exactly what I'm talking about. In fact the main reason that me and my friends don't refer to it by title is because this movie is so great, that we do not feel worthy enough to say it's name in vain! I still remember the first time I saw The Shawshank Redemption. Some friends of mine and I went to see it at one of those "Budget Theaters" over the summer of 1995. None of us really knew anything about the movie, but we had heard that it was pretty good. So, not having any real expectations, we saw it. When the final credits rolled and the lights came on in the theater, all of us just sat there with our jaws hanging down on the floor. I turned my head towards my friend Bob and said "That was the greatest movie I have ever seen in my entire life!" There's really no other way I can put it in words. Every moment of this movie captivated me and inspired me to believe in the one true thing in life...... "HOPE". This movie is sad, uplifting, inspiring, harsh, cold, funny (at the right times), jaw-dropping, and heart-warming all at the same time. I get chills every time I watch this film and this film contains the greatest ending (which takes place over the last 30 minutes or so)in movie history! How it all just "comes together" is so incredible and uplifting. I should also mention the music in this movie is nearly flawless as well, and the soundtrack is a "must buy" for any music fan. The only bad thing about this movie is the fact that I know I will never see a better movie, no matter how many I may see. I've seen many movies over the past few years, many excellent films. However, every time I walk out of the theater, I turn to my friend or family member that I saw it with and I say, "That was a great movie, but it wasn't nearly as good as 'you know what'
  • jao-6012715 February 2018
    One for the Ages (Mild Spoilers)
    The Shawshank Redemption is directed and written by Frand Darabont. Based off the Stephen King novel, the movie stars Tim Robbins (Andy Dufresne) and Morgan Freeman (Red). The main character, Andy, a former banker is sentenced to two life sentences for apparently killing his wife and the man she was cheating on him with. When Andy first arrives at Shawshank, he suffers the typical hardships of prison but making new friendships with the other prisoners makes it more bearable for him. However, when the Warden takes notice of his banker talents, he takes him under his wing in the form of doing all the officers' taxes.

What needs to be said about The Shawshank Redemption has already been said. Rather than talking about what the movie has, it is better to talk about the legacy that the movie has left behind.

A well-developed story is what separates a good movie from an all-time great movie and Shawshank Redemption is all about the story. The film follows the classical paradigm which is composed of a rising action, a climax and a resolution. In these types of stories, we usually see a "shaping hand" in the hand in the story line. The storyteller is there to "edit out" the boring gaps and keeps a low profile yet still keeps the action on track, moving towards the resolution of the story's conflict. In this film, the obvious story teller is Morgan Freeman's character ("Red"). Even though Andy is the main character in the story, being able to be in Red's head gives the director suspense to play with. If the story was told in the perspective of Andy, the audience would not have nearly had the same amount of payoff the climax has in the movie. Red basically acts as the thoughts that audience is thinking which is not a bad thing. In fact, this outstanding performance by Freeman launched him into the go-to narrator that we all know and love today.

An important component of a good story are dynamic characters and Shawshank has arguably some of the best characters in any film. First, Andy's development over the film is impactful. In the beginning of the film, Andy is portrayed as someone who has been wrongly convicted and is a genuine "good" person inside and out. This is seen in the beginning of not fighting back when he is confronted constantly by the sisters to not talking back or picking fights with the guards or the other prison mates. He stayed quiet and reserved to himself. However, he soon realizes that doing good, is not the same as being morally good and that you can do bad things with a good intention. An example of this is when he gets the record from the state government. He knows he will get in a whole lot of trouble if he plays the record over the loudspeaker but he did it anyway because he believed that it was the right thing to fill the ears of the prisoners, yearning for music. He got in trouble and spent time in the dark cell but he knew that he did good. However, the best character development is seen in Red's interactions with the rehabilitation board in the parole room. Through each of the parole scenes following each act, you can see the progression of his character getting more tired as the movie goes on and as he gets older. In his final parole room scene, he explains that he never knew what "Rehabilitation" means and Morgan Freeman delivers one of his famous dialogues where he says, "Rehabilitation is just a made up word so people like you can dress up in a suit and tie and have a job."

Although director Frand Darabont utilizes great cinematography, sound, editing and has created some of the most famous shots in movie history, it is the "bar setting" story of The Shawshank Redemption that sets it apart from all other films in any "Top 10" list and gives it the highest rating on IMBD.
  • sguiuumd15 February 2018
    Inspirational
    A story of freedom and friendship beyond concrete and bars.
  • showstopper-1115 February 2018
    Number 1
    One of my all time favorites. Shawshank Redemption is a very moving story about hope and the power of friendship. The cast is first rate with everyone giving a great performance. Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman carry the movie, but Bob Gunton and Clancy Brown are perfect as the Warden Norton and prison guard captain Hadley respectively. And James Whitmore's portrail of an elderly inmate Brooks is moving. The screenplay gives almost every actor at least one or more memorable lines through out the film. As well as a very surprising "twist" near the end that almost knocked me out of my chair. If you have not seen this movie rent it or better yet buy it. As I bet you'll want to see this one more than once.
  • bessettejoey14 February 2018
    Cried Real Tears
    This movie has so many great moments, watch it. This review is only to complete my IMDb profile.
  • Pope_Waoko13 February 2018
    .................
    .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  • lokeshshrivastva13 February 2018
    The Best, ever and forever.
    For me, "the best ever". Everything is simply amazing. Its relevant and appropriate even after 24 years of its release. You just love it. Go for it. Shawshank is waiting for you :).
  • dhennig13 February 2018
    Love love love this movie
    This movie has it all. If you haven't watched it do ur self a favor and do so
  • niceView13 February 2018
    Don't let the name fool you.
    I remember not having any expectations about this movie and was pleasantly surprised after the movie. The overview I got prior to watching was that is was prison-buddy movie, but it is definitely more than just that. It definitely grew on me over time and one of the few movies that I can re-watch over and over and still find it refreshing and new.
  • ibsmustafa13 February 2018
    Decent film
    This is a decent film. I do think it have been far too over rated over the years though. In fact it is probably the most over rated movie in cinema history. There are several prison films that are far better. But, this is definitely worth a watch and of course you may feel I've not been very kind once you have watched it.The two main characters are played by powerful actors in Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins, They are worth watching alone. The direction and overall portrayal of the film however in my opinion is rather predicable.
  • ironmanbg12 February 2018
    Best movie ever
    This is one of the best moves ever. Great story and great actors.
  • kamble-sachin12 February 2018
    Timeless classic
    One of the most gripping movies of all time. Its a fantastic journey which has three characteristics:

1. It would take a really long time to complete. He has a feel for how long it would take - but he doesn't know that exactly. And that feel changes every day as well.

2. He can get caught at any point - in the beginning, in the middle, or at the end - literally on any given day until he is done - and if he is caught, all his efforts up to that point add up to nothing. The net effect of getting caught would be negative, in the form of additional punishment, added with absolutely no scope of receiving a parole thereafter

3. The end result is binary: If he gets caught, twenty years' effort adds up to nothing. On the other hand, if he succeeds, he can be a free man and live the rest of his life happily.

If you think about it, the exact same characteristics are shared by anyone working on a Startup (in addition to the fact that only fools would embark on a journey with these characteristics):

1. It would take a really long time to complete. You have a feel for how long it would take - but you don't know that exactly. Besides, this feel changes everyday. 2. You can fail at any point- in the beginning, in the middle, or at the end - literally on any given day until you are done - and if you fail, all your efforts up to that point add up to nothing. The net effect of a failure would be negative, in the form of lost investment, opportunity costs, and a bunch of significant 'could have beens' 3. The end result is binary: If you fail, you will feel that your efforts added up to nothing. If you succeed, well.....

It might be a strange observation to make from a movie about people serving life-terms in prison - but if you observe closely, the simple and most powerful message from 'The Shawshank Redemption' is this: 'Enjoy The Journey'.
  • the_burning_crusader12 February 2018
    BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!
    BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!
  • cseelmi12 February 2018
    Must Watch if you have given up hope!
    I have always heard what a great movie it was but never got myself to watch it since I didn't want to watch a prison movie. However, I am so glad I watched it! I was sort-of suicidal when I watched it; and it gave me hope and made my heart warm even when I was at my lowest!
  • alialooosh-3705111 February 2018
    >>>>
    Maybe it was a nice movie but don't deserve the 1st movie throw all of this years
  • malte-panatha10 February 2018
    masterpiece!
    This is my favourite movie!Every time i see this movie,i understand that hope and faith are the best things in the world!!The actors in this movie were perfect and the director awesome!
  • yomanuel9 February 2018
    A piece of art !
    This is the best film i ever seen in my life...no doubt. I recommand you to watch it.
  • stevewillams8 February 2018
    hi
    One badass film realiy good if u not seen u need too
  • ssanreus8 February 2018
    Not the best
    It is a good movies but there is other Movies that is better than it with respect