Ever since I heard people say, "This show is so funny!" and "It's possibly the funniest show I've ever seen!", I thought, "Hey, maybe they're right." So, I decided to give it a try myself.
Now, I wish that I hadn't. I'm even amazed to see how people can possibly consider this show to be a "comedy". People ignore the fact that when people watch a funny show, they expect to laugh, while watching it. This so-called "show", in my opinion, is not funny, but crude, disgusting, stupid and horrendous. Let me begin, shall I:
1) Kevin James You know, it still amazes me to see how so many people consider Kevin James to be a funny comedian. Well, he's not in my opinion. Kevin James stars as "Doug Heffernan", an overweight lazy slug who has a job at IPS delivering packages and only shows affection for one thing and one thing only: food. That's it. His character is so stupid that I'm so sick and tired of watching him doing such stupid things on this show.
- pretending to be injured just to get whatever you want from your wife: that's not funny.
- taking a disgusting, disturbing, inappropriate picture of his private with a tiny Abraham Lincoln hat at a wedding and then assigning the blame to his cousin: that's crude.
- going to get a new "double-stuffed chocolate filled apple pie" or whatever they call it at a fast-food place and leaving your wife waiting for you in the pouring rain: that's disgraceful.
- just because a new IPS worker didn't invite you to his BBQ means you have to go at great lengths to try and get him to invite you: that's mean.
- you're nervous about telling your wife your new trainee is a hot blonde, but then when she says, "Don't worry about it. I'm not mad.", you become disappointed that she's not jealous of your new trainee: that's absolutely immature.
2) Leah Remini plays as "Carrie Heffernan" in this show. Oh, my God! I just cannot stand her. Her attitude, what she does to Doug, to their friends, just makes me want to march right down to that studio and slug her right in the face. Why, it's absolutely unfunny of the way she acts so selfishly and sarcastically.
- a barking dog from your neighbor's house is keeping you awake all night. okay, here's a tip for you, just go down there and tell them nicely to stop their dog from barking, not, "I'm gonna call 911 and tell them there are two murderers next door!" or, "Oh, but you're gonna be nice. Let me just punch them once in the face and they're all yours!": that is crude.
- you join your husband in the kitchen to color some designs on a piece of paper, but your husband has a crayon that you want, so here's a tip for you, wait 'til he's done, then you can use the crayon, not tattletale on him to your father (this is a freaking' crayon we're talking about here!): that is so childish.
- you've donated money to a charity fund. that's good. but just because you're not on the "Patrons" list, you have to constantly and constantly urge the poor elder woman who runs it to put your name up there and it results in her getting fired, and you still suggest, "Can we still keep our names on the library as 'The Doug and Carrie Heffernan Library'?": that is disrespectful.
- you got a speeding ticket for driving around a stopped school bus, how on earth can you even say, "Okay, Officer just give me the ticket." or, "I got a speeding ticket, and blah, blah, blah...", that Officer should've arrested you and taken you down to prison for those replies: that is horrid.
- you find out that someone that lived in your neighborhood passed away and you plan to sell off his house for profit? not even caring about your husband's say in the matter and you just wanna get all the money for it: that is horrendous.
I could keep going on about these two completely unattractive, unnecessary, unfunny characters. I am sorry, but anybody who finds them to be funny or hilarious is just beyond my comprehension.
The whole idea for a good comedy show is to make the people who are watching it laugh and find it to be very entertaining. And you know something? That's nearly impossible to happen with this show, especially when the wife and the husband are arguing with each other 24/7, hitting or abusing each other, treating their friend's badly and even treating their family relatives badly.
This is how I truly feel about "The King of Queens". Unfortunately, I am aware that this review will find its way all the way in the back because a lot of people will disagree with me, but you wanna know something. I don't care.
Putting absolute stupidness and unbelievable selfishness does not make a good comedy. Just a cruel, offensive, disrespectful and horrendous piece of crap.