• stevemartis25 June 2017
    The worst movie of the series
    This is my first review on IMDb and I'm only writing this because so many reviews are praising this movie! I knew it would be average but within the first 10 minutes I realised how horrible this movie was. From winning a race in reverse gear of a wrecked car to driving ahead of an army without a single bullet hitting them. I know this series has always had over the top action but this plain nonsense. As somebody else said in their review the heists didn't need cars in the first place. I only liked the action sequences between Dwayne and Jason, rest were unwatchable! I feel bad for the people praising this movie.
  • satanclaw18 June 2017
    Cringefest - Stupidity level 11
    This was painful. Action? Yes, but we're talking Physics that Sharknado would be ashamed of. Failure to understand or accept how reality works, even at a basic level. If you know the basics of cars, computers or physics, this will inflict pain to your brain.

No part of this movie made sense, it makes all 7 prequels seem like a real life documentary about cars. By far - Worst of the series. By going so far off the deep end, it made it too improbable for me to enjoy.
  • mr worf20 June 2017
    An insult to all those who paid money to see it
    Be aware, plausible spoilers I do not know where to start. I thought that I'm used to the cheesiness of the FF movies, but this is......overwhelming. Its like they are making movies for people under 18 only. Whole movie is a load of random c***. Its so senseless, cheesy, unbelievably unrealistic, cliché- ish.....total disaster. They ruined good characters, like deck shaw. In ff7, he was terrifying hit-man. Here, they turned him into a clown who is afraid of his mother. Its ridiculous. Next, is it a bird, is it a plane? No, its......Luke HOBBS!!! My Lord, he is the perfect example of everything wrong in modern Hollywood. Awful acting, cringe lines, superhuman strength (they literally took it to the superman level in ff8) Cipher- theron is a brilliant actor in normal movies, but here they made her a joke. I would compare it to the thurman's poison ivy from 1997. Tbh, roman is the only lightspot. He really is funny, natural funny, not bad humour like others. He is the reason why I made it to the end.
  • damnedwhatuser6 June 2017
    Absolutely senseless
    One of the most stupid, senseless and ridiculous movies I have ever watched. I wonder only why would Charlize Theron play in something like that? Money must have been very tempting for an Oscar-winning actress to even think about that this could become a good movie with no story, no developing characters, not even a story but just lots of money thrown on some... well I must admit - good special effects. But not worth even a dime to pay for a ticket to watch it, not talking even about the waste of time.
  • MovieReviewer10 June 2017
    Beyond awful
    I liked the previous movies of the franchise. They were decent action flicks, exactly something you go to watch in a cinema with friends. But this? This is beyond awful, it's worse than a parody. Every line is a cliché, the acting is not even mediocre, the plot line is exactly like something a 12 year old boy has come up with.

There's no way the 10 star reviews are NOT paid. This movie is an insult to anyone who pays to see it.
  • roccoprobe1 July 2017
    Yet Another Sequel
    Do not bother spending your hard-earned money on The Fate of the Furious. It is yet another lame sequel of one of the lamest franchises from Hollywood. Honestly cannot believe that this is the 8th installment.

The writing and dialog is painfully cliché, like a 6 year old wrote it. The story, despite their intentions is so predictable that you cannot help but roll your eyes for the entire movie.

The acting... ohhhhh... the "acting"... some of the worst I have ever seen. Can Vin Diesel actually get worse at acting? Yes, he can. Even the performances from seasoned actors like Charlize Theron and Dwayne Johnson felt wooden, no doubt due to the horrid script and direction.

Not even the action sequences nor special effects could save this movie, as they were fake enough to repeatedly kill your suspension of disbelief and distract from what little story exists.

Dear Hollywood: Enough with the tired sequels. Enough with super hero movies. Take a chance on some original ideas.
  • Wain Chan2 May 2017
    Fun Awesome Movie!!
    << Potential- Small Spoiler Alert!! >> If you put aside why in the world would the Furious gang team up with the last bad guy from Furious 7. This movie is pretty awesome and very fun to watch! Very entertaining and lots of action!! Roman is funny as always. Also,love the fighting/rescue Baby scene at the end. Go see it!!
  • ashmaison3 July 2017
    Dom is approached by a mysterious woman that forces him to start working for her and betray his crew
    It was literally the worst movie that I watched this year I think...there is nothing in the movie that would make sense. almost everything in the movie is created by computer graphics and not a very good one. There are so many holes in the scenario that makes you doubt that even if you are watching a fast&furious movie! It has severed all its bond with the original F&F franchise that has no identity anymore. It is very usual to see something amazing and out of limits of normal to happen in an action movie but throughout the movie, you will see so many cases that the laws of physics are broken and not in order to achieve something amazing but just out of lack of research and attention to how would some events fold out in the movie. From another point of view, there are so many unnecessary and irrational actions taken in a movie that again makes you wonder if you are watching F&F or sesame street! i.e. if you want to steal a submarine while it is on land you definitely do not need to turn on its turbine! In total the whole plot and chain of events are meaningless. I can just say it takes a lot for me to walk out of a movie but this one made me...and I sat through the Independence day:resurgence!!!
  • MHales9422 April 2017
    Exactly what I expected
    This film is exactly what I expected and what is to be expected from the trailer - crazy stunts and lots of talk about family.

What I liked about this film - First of all, the action was great and what was to be expected from this film - don't expect perfect obedience of the laws of physics. Secondly, the story was actually not terrible (this is no Tokyo Drift); the reason's for Dom's betrayal (as seen in the trailers) are very human and feel very real and the redemption of some of the characters was earned (on the most part). Thirdly, Charlize Theron was great, as usual, as the villain Cipher.

What I didn't like - Firstly, Helen Mirren's accent was terrible although was warranted by her character. Secondly, as mentioned, the laws of physics get broken at times (the wrecking ball (again from the trailer) is a perfect example).

Final thoughts - This film is a great addition to the Fast and Furious franchise. It is what we've come to expect from these films over the last almost 20 years and I'm interested to see where the story goes from here as, according to the cast and crew, there are only two of these left.

In terms of the score, I couldn't not give this an 8/10. Not a perfect film by any stretch of the imagination but for what it tries to do, it hits the mark.
  • Cristi Ionut22 April 2017
    Must to watch
    It's a very nice movie.It wasn't like the first movies with exciting racing, it was more an ACTION/COMEDY MOVIE. From my personal opinion Dominic Torreto (Vin Diesel) was the best character. Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) and Deckard (Jason Statham) makes the best comedy on this movie. Cipher (Charlize Theron) it looks very nice at 41 years old. Per total movie was good, must to watch.