• rohit arora30 May 2017
    typical masala trash
    I don't come to write reviews here ever but had to write one for this garbage for sure. Now I, for one, liked the first part. Not because of its VFX, not at all, but because of the storytelling. The VFX of the first movie were definitely over-hyped and were maybe better than your typical bollywood crap but nowhere in the league of an average Hollywood movie. I think they were worse than that of Magadheera for that matter. But I still loved the movie because I felt there was a wonderful story waiting to be discovered in this entire series and it was being told in a very nice way, innovative for an Indian movie.

Coming to the second part now. It's utter nonsense. Here, I said it. VFX are a huge step down from the first movie and there are a lot of scenes, where you can tell that the set or the fight is absolutely fake. But as I said, I don't judge Indian movies purely on VFX ever because I know that our budget can not match that of Hollywood. The biggest disappointment for me was the storyline, or the lack of it, and the way it was told.

The first half had almost no story development. It was filled with the same old overused cheap gimmicks that have been done in like a hundred Indian movies. Hero is champ but he acts like a dumb person and ends up wooing heroine. Crap. Highly predictable. The director turned Katappa, one of the biggest shines of the first movie for me, into a joker just to appease the mass.

Now, I didn't have any great interest in why Katappa killed Bahubali. I think everyone had this clue that it had to have happened on the orders of Sivagami, and so it was also obvious that she must have been duped by her husband and son, still, the curiosity was to know how. And boy did that disappoint!! I don't know how anyone can take that thread of a storyline and fast as the wind of a story development, for an answer to the question that had become the centre of interest of millions of people in last two- three years. It was pure nonsense. In an era when we have Game of Thrones to understand the depth of politics that kings and warriors can connive, this thing felt like coming right out of an early 90s' Indian movie. And people are satisfied with it???

It just dampens my belief in our people's ability to think. We just accept any half-baked poorly conceived idea for a plot. And it is that because of which our writers don't take the pain to think deeply over the plot lines.

Deeply disappointed by the movie. I had high hopes but I should have known better. Unfortunately, the type of hype this movie has received is going to spoil Indian cinema's image everywhere. People all over the world won't come to know that we are also capable of making Drishyam; they would remember us with Bahubali 2.
  • indiautube29 May 2017
    Action scenes disappointed
    I had watched the first part on small screen and was not impressed. There were unnecessary songs, action sequences were illogical and seemed unrealistic. Same holds true for part 2 as well. What I liked was the Special effects created scenery and palaces. Story was OK and I felt at times it was just pushed in a hurry. Irritating songs start anytime just like the first version. Biggest disappointment was action sequences. All action scenes seem unrealistic, have usual flavor of Bollywood/south Indian movies with typical over usage of slow motion and zero gravity. My genuine rating is 3 out of 10. But since it is overrated giving it 1 star
  • Feroz Tarafder Tantu30 May 2017
    Useless
    Too much artificial...Bakwas...Hate this...Can't understand why people are interested to watch time..complete package of wasting time and money. Don't spoil your money.Too much artificial...Bakwas...Hate this...Can't understand why people are interested to watch time..complete package of wasting time and money. Don't spoil your money.
  • ajay-bellubbi1422 May 2017
    Hilarious piece of Junk
    If this the best epic Indian movie industry can dish out, its time to contemplate where its headed. Sure. It's a huge project. The sets are great. The graphics/CGI are OK at most parts. The portrayal of animals though(Elephants, horses, bullocks etc) is cartoonish. Heck, even the trees and the leaves falling at some scenes seem artificial. Gladiator, which was released more than 10 years ago has better CGI. The story-line itself isn't so great. Most of it is taken out of Mahabharata. If you are looking for cringe moments, you got plenty. From soldiers flying around by a swing of a sword, the male chauvinistic attitudes (My favorite being appeasing angry mom/mom-in-law by giving her a grandson), the Southern flavored romance between Prabhas and Anushka with a comic sidekick used as a ploy and the best of all: elastic coconut trees slinging soldiers into the castle and they bouncing off their shields unhurt. You name it, you got it. The only saving grace in the move is Anushka Shetty. All in All, this movie is a bad advertisement to Indian cinema. This is the highest grosser of Indian Cinema of which I'm also one of the guilty contributors. I really feel ashamed now.
  • kharayatarvind6 May 2017
    The hype was overwhelming but movie is totally a crap !!
    This movie will surely teach you not all big budget movies r good .this is one of those typical south Indian movies with no logic only difference is this time they have come with VFX. The movie is simple !! Why kattappa killed bahubali ?? There is no shocking answer to that ..completly shocked why so called critics have given such good ratings .my advice please don't watch until you force to watch just a time pass movie wont be remember after one year .
  • Deedee810 May 2017
    (Avoid) clichéd plot line, with ludicrous VFX
    Honestly, I do not understand the hype about this movie. This was one of the worst movies ever made and a horrid collosial waste of money and time. I wish I could get my money back.

It does not take large copious amounts of money and VFX to make a good movie, but rather, the script, editing, direction and acting should be it's strong points. This movie falls flat in all of these.

The director treats his entire movie audience as fools by bending the laws of physics as per his whims and fancies and putting in elaborate nonsensical, visualizations and stunts, as and when he desires.

It probably, would all have made sense, if the Bahubalis and their army, were mutants or part of the Avengers team. Otherwise, it's only laughable.

Some folks, told me to appreciate, "the effort with which the movie was made and it's grand visuals". Well, you just cannot appreciate the effort put into this movie, for despite all it's lavishness, it's a bad movie with a clichéd plot line; Which is a shame, as it had potential to be so much more.
  • Yankee_annie10 May 2017
    Deplorable film, appalling star cast n abysmal n awful vfx.
    Pathetic movie, pathetic direction, pathetic acting, pathetic screenplay, pathetic editing, pathetic cinematography n pathetic multiplied by 100 times = the vfx of this film. Plz don't watch this over-hyped trash. Save ur money and time. Watch some good Hollywood movie. This movie shud not be seen by any sensible person. So much money wasted on the bad n awful vfx. That money shud hav been donated to the poor tribal people.

Twice the fans reported n got my review of this pathetic film deleted. I am happy. So good to know that u can agitate the bhakts/fans jus thru reviews alone.
  • Takethispunch18 May 2017
    Awful film, abysmal acting, pathetic cgi. 0/10.
    This movie is an agonizing experience in every category I can think of and others still waiting to be invented. A world where a film like this can exist only reminds me of the other contemptible acts performed by human kind since the dawn of time. This film shud be nominated for Worst Director, Worst Actors, Worst Picture, Worst Special Effects n Worst Editing n Worst Cinematography. This film is a wretched, embarrassing and a waste of the time and energy. Plz don't watch this Golden Turkey. Save ur time n energy. Watching Tom n Jerry is much better option than this trash. Only kids n retards will enjoy this. This movie is abysmal, appalling, atrocious. The CGI is the worst. This movie is worse than Manos the hands of fate. This movie is worse than Last Airbender. Some of the movies made by Uwe Boll n Ed Wood r much better than this trash. Thismovie shud be shown to the terrorists to torture them. My original review got 170 likes. It got deleted by the retard bhakts/fans. The very fact that the fans cannot digest any negative review shows their mentality. The kinda effort they r putting to make this film get maximum fake votes n fake reviews, if only they put this kinda effort to eradicate the poverty. They r trying to report n delete all the reviews which r not in favor of this retard film. My friend Annie's review got deleted twice. But we r happy knowin that the bhakts can be irritated jus thru reviews.
  • alish-197558 May 2017
    The worst movie ever seen ....Bahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017)
    The film should get a 0% rating as per me.I do not understand how people are enjoying this movie which has nothing to do with real action,characters,inspiration, etc.

The movie has been created in different world.It must be for Aliens.

It is total wast of money.
  • Resh Mant9 May 2017
    Most over-hyped crap i've ever seen in my life
    Never in my life has a movie been so over-hyped . Any credit it deserves is razed to the ground in the last 30 min where the director apparently seems to have rushed up everything. The graphics were just 'good' for an Indian movie . That elephant had me ROFL. The director certainly had a vision and he had the resources too but he chose the plain old Tollywood screenplay. It wasn't Emotional LOL , it was CRINGY . The acting sucked big time . And also it had the ever-present subtle Indian-cinema prejudices in it . Fair,as usual, denotes the good and beautiful.
  • Bablu Shaw7 May 2017
    who says this movie got remarkable vfx graphics?
    it must say that this movie has less than OK type graphics vfx.. fully distinguishable than reality.. it seems that i am watching a lower budget outdated movie which has extremely ​poor graphics... just a comedy show​ level movie.. full flavor of South Indian over smart action styles .bahubali1 got much better VFX then this....
  • angryscitist3 May 2017
    Don't waste your money or time in this awful movie
  • rmary-312147 May 2017
    Below Average
    So much hype and no quality with respect to CGI or Action sequences.

Bahubali and Bhalladeva are god-child like THOR? who has strengh of superman, this is just ridiculous.

Why every critic is going bananas and giving such good ratings, don't they watch any decent Hollywood movie at all? Or they got paid so much that they give this crap good ratings.

If you value your time and money please just avoid this movie.

Disclamer: I'm not part of any fan-club and truly appreciate good quality movies. I believe people should honestly encourage good movies irrespective of director/production house/budget.
  • ninadmauskar1 May 2017
    As lame as the first one
    This movie is as lame as the first movie. I am also disappointed that the audience liked this movie - just goes to show anything works.

The plot is weak, predictable, and similar to any South Indian movie where the protagonist goes through hardships, someone gets murdered, and someone seeks revenge. Too many South Indian melodramatic movies have the same story line. Key disappointments are as follows:

1. Tamanna Bhatia has 0 dialogues 2. Tamanna Bhatia's story has no reference in the movie. The role of the revel group is unclear 3. Katappa is shown as powerful, but his personality, figure, persona, and body language is quite the contrary, as in, weak, feeble, emotional, and helpless. 4. Action sequences are ridiculous. The most disappointing and also the funniest part of the movie, particularly how soldiers are propelled into the kingdom using cocunut trees. 5. Ramaya's, the queen mother's performance is too melodramatic. A queen should be shown as strong, political, and powerful. Ramaya is shown as a melodramatic woman with extrapolate daughter expressions. 6. Protagonist looks weak as compared to the antagonist. I was rooting for the antagonist. 7. The plot is weak, there is nothing new. 8. Why dis the Adivasi army attack the kingdom in part 1 is never discussed / described. I thought the war in part 1 was totally random. 9. What happened to the love story between young Bahubali and Tamanna Bhatia? 10. Last 15-20 mins seemed like a "wrap up" job, where the director wanted to finish and wind up real quick.

Overall, I recommend not spending any money for watching this movie in the theatres. Watch it at home on one of the streaming websites. Generally very disappointing, but I am glad that it got over.
  • Fella_shibby10 May 2017
    This ain't no Conclusion but a Concussion to da head. A very bad spoof/cartoon film for bhakts.
    Finally sat down to write the review of this over-hyped trash. Saw this with my friends in a theatre. I was never a fan of the first part. It was pure cartoonish n bad movie. Was not keen on watching the 2nd but sometimes u cant deny ur pals. The only reason i am writing a review of this trash is to let my anger out. The story of this movie was so lame that at times i felt m i watching an 80s bollywood crap. The hero is shown as the best human being without any shades of grey. Basically there was zero effort in the screenplay. Lets come to the acting. Inspite of the movie being 3 hrs long, there is zero character development. The lead actor, Prabhas was pathetic. The expressions n mannerisms were not convincing. The editing was the worst. Most of us started fiddling with our fones. Ther r unnecessary scenes which jus drags on. Cinematography in this movie was awful. The direction is very amateurish. The director didn't know how to create tension or get the best outta his cast n crew. Coming to the vfx of this movie, i found it to be cartoonish n very silly. The scene where Baahubali uses coconut trees as an infiltrating object for his army to get on top of the fort would be remembered as the most unintentional comedic scene. Some of the video games n animated movies r much better than this trash. So many arrows are fired yet Bahubali gets away easily. The dam scene man.

Regarding originality n creativity: Straight away copied from 300, Game of thrones, Superman vs Batman, Ong bak, Hercules, Troy, The Mummy, Wonder woman n the poster of Simon Birch in the first part.
  • nmtpaite4 May 2017
    A Third Class Movie
    Guys

This is nothing but a Glorified TV Series.

The movie has no logic except loud screams, continuous Intros, Stupid Songs, Pathetic hairy actors and cartoonish VFX.

Its like those movies in Telugu where the hero kills goons with banana, but with a serious note.

Go watch this third class movie and have fun.
  • primusautobot-112-9026093 May 2017
    Don't Waste your time watching this movie,its mindless movie,
    The cast just don't seem to know how to act naturally. It is either that or the directors forced them to overact each and every scene. I am the kind of person who likes understatement because it is natural. Subtlety is the king, but absolutely nothing is subtle in this movie! I do not recommend anyone to watch this movie, and I will never every watch this film again. Worst CGI, even its like 20 year old and green screen scenes were clearly visible, below average CGI even the soundtrack does not help in tolerating this movie.
  • vijaynarla2 May 2017
    Disappointed
    I'm not satisfied.All I can say is I'm satisfied about the visual effects in the movie but there something in tollywood that doesn't change.Just remember a six feet man cannot make a hundred feet statue fall.I hate say it but I hate the movie and the movie sucks. I've waited for the movie and stood 8hrs under the sun for the tickets and at last got disappointment. I'm not only talking about that statue but why the hell are people flying when Anushka is killing the robbers.I have to say that I hated the climax. Getting box office collection doesn't matter. Well I'm satisfied with story and VFX
  • Rushdy G.30 April 2017
    Disappointed.
    No debate on the VFX, effects and all except the some very important part of story line. Honestly, Reason for Katappa to Kill Baahubali still not justified; and specially he swung the sword from behind. At least Katappa could challenge a duel with Baahu. On the first place it is quite shaded that who ordered katappa to kill bahu, Shibgami or vallala? And when Vallala is the full fledged king why Shivgami is taking decisions? No prerogative for Baahu and Devshena ? Characters taking oaths every now and then! too much cheap drama and aggressive (only to initiate a quarrel) attitude from the ladies. No Tamanna. Ending is too quick and ordinary against high expectations. Sling Shot scene was funny (Spartans are even nothing). Bhalla character could show some personality (it wasn't necessary to portrait him as jealous, villain and so negative; he could've been showed as neglected and raged by his deprivations). Bhallal's promising character from part 1 went clown in part 2. Story like a daily soap. COMPLETE DISASTER (A Hollywood horror film named 'The Boy' failed me from sky to ground just like this. In brief, at least I expected the ending scenes will deliver something better. No climax as if made or finished in much hurry; may be Rajamouli was afraid of Film leak or film ransom. Therefore, as end is not well, all is not well. Thanks
  • puorsen29 April 2017
    Not up-to the mark
    I may sound different than other reviewers ,but Bahubali 2 has shattered all my hopes . The story can be anything but epic . The plot is highly predictable, clichéd and sloppy to say the least . It reminded me the movies from 80's and early 90's where everything used to be stereotyped ,be it the story, narratives or screenplay. Instead of giving more emphasis on a proper conclusion ,its more about showing the facts/reasons behind Kattappa killing Bahubali. When one speaks about the word revenge , one must highlight how the revenge is taken. The focus should be on devising the plans and the execution process . In the second part of the magnum opus the story revolves around bahubali,kattappa and devsena.The characters of bhallaldeva(main antagonist),shivgami play second fiddle in the movie .We get to see a prolonged storyline of the romance between prabhas & anushka,unnecessary average songs and a lot of hullabaloo involving the war sequence. The weakest part of the story is the fact that its highly predictable.The writer could have used a few twist and turns to make the plot more intriguing.The climax is disappointing .One would expect a proper face off between bhallaldeva and bahubali.However it appears that the makers were in a hurry to wrap up the movie in the limited amount of screen timing. The only notable praiseworthy factors about the movie are the graphics and special effects . The director has put a significant amount of effort for the grandeur of the project. However he could have chosen a better way of storytelling and mostly a mature plot ,given the gargantuan effort (in terms of time and money) involved with the film .
  • prasanna Wathare5 May 2017
    one can sleep after while
    VFX are not up to the mark. Nothing is new. Typical Indian story. I would prefer cartoon movie over this movie. Please Indians don't waste your money on such cartoon. Some scenes are meaningless and some do not have to do anything with story line. By the way good for kids. One can sleep after while but music is quite good
  • Srijith Sz30 April 2017
    Visually grand but for what?
    Baahubali is overrated. There. I said it. No doubt it's the most grand, good with vfx movie India has ever made but for once people have you cared for the story? How cliché is it!? A mother waiting for a son to come take back the throne from an evil king who had killed his father? All the critics who are not criticizing this film for the lack of physics? And it's thin plot line, why do you not criticize all other normal films? When i saw baahubali the beginning i was very disappointed that this wasn't worth the hype and the answer to the infamous "why kattapa killed baahubali" question seemed rather obvious to me and I'm sure many people knew the answer to it,but nevertheless​ , it's good to build hype for part 2 and today when i saw baahubali 2 i was even more disappointed. Why were so many great vfx shots wasted on such illogical , laws of physics defying stunts? And how did all the critics (and audience of course) find certain characters' acting good?(katappas overly exaggerated action in the first half, nazzar throughout the movie). Its making money , a loads to say, but how are people making this film the pride of India? How?? Is this what Indian audience have grown up to? People without super powers fly, do superhuman stuff, but can still be stabbed to death by someone close to you? Then why do Hollywood filmmakers go beyond boundaries to make movies with grand visuals and still has decent stunts in it? Why do they put so much research into their films? Why don't they make films like these where anything can happen and if you are the protagonist you are good to go , challenge the world.

I know this review won't matter to most and i will be considered anti national for this but i sincerely hope Indian audience evolve some day and our filmmakers make more believable films and not whatever comes into their mind.
  • truefruit28 April 2017
    No spoilers
    I really liked the set and story line, but sadly I hated all the fight scenes. In the climax scene, I wanted to kill myself. I thought Rajamoli wanted to drag this scene more than expected. I Liked his effort of keeping the audience waiting for a dumb climax.

I think if Kattappa watch this movie, he will wonder why he killed Baahubhali rather than himself!!!!!
  • Akterul Islam28 April 2017
    is Baahubali 2 better than Baahubali- 1?
    Baahubali the beginning was more excellent than the Baahubali the conclusion. i think the movie, just people will watch for it's promotional activity but i didn't get much more amuse. in the 2nd half it's just funny. using tree to enter the building is more funny to me.i think it could not fulfill the expectation of the audience. it is a serious movie but all part is full of funny. all of this comment from my perspective. it could be better for others.i was eagerly waited for this movie but this movie just can't fulfill my expectation. and another thing i notice that the review from the first part is more appear in 2nd part but that is unnecessary. first 20 minute is the review of the 2nd part.
  • sangeethanan1 May 2017
    May have succeeded manipulating the minds of a large audience but not all are weak minded
    Some people appearing in this film start roaring for Prabhas(the hero of this title) many times.('bahubali..bahubali..bahubali' and so on). Filmmakers included some music like 'Saahore Bahubali' to support his act of heroism(well so called heroism). You know what? Most of the audiences fell for these cheap tricks(Especially the youngsters) and they start whistling and clapping. The majority of the audiences might have thought Bahubali as a god or something but to me, it was no heroism at all as I'm used to comparing with good English films. I was like "What's wrong with these audiences? Can't they see through these gimmicks? And why a song at this scene? and so on" This film is nothing more than a brainwash of the audiences and only some gifted people can see through these things.

This film is awful and the VFX was horrible. If this film is the best India can offer then all will be judging the standards of India based on this film.

One more thing to add before I complete my review. If this film seemed good to anyone reading my review then that shows the person hasn't watched English films at all.