London Film Festival
London, England, UK
- The festival takes place since 1957.
- The LFF was officially non-competitive until 2008 and the largest such festival in Europe as of 1996.
- For the "Sutherland Trophy" and the "Grierson Award" please see the British Film Institute Awards.
BFI Fellowship Award
Best British Newcomer
Best British Newcomer - Jury Commendation
Best Film - Honourable Mention
FIPRESCI Prize - Special Mention
Grierson Award - Special Mention
IWC Schaffhausen Filmmakers Bursary Award
Outstanding Film of the Year
Prix UIP London (European Short Film)
- The winning film is automatically nominated for the European Short Film Award at the next European Film Awards.
Satyajit Ray Award
Short Film Award
Sutherland Award - Honourable Mention
- The winning film automatically qualifies for the European Short Film Award at the European Film Awards. (as of 2000)
UK Achievement in Film Award
UK Film Talent Award
World Cinema Award
- The festival is dedicated to the memory of Akira Kurosawa (1910-1998).