- Birth nameBenjamin Banks
- Height6′ 2¾″ (1.90 m)
- Steven St. Croix was a mason by trade, having worked construction since he was 14 years old. He moved to Albuquerque, where he worked several different jobs as a cook until he landed a side gig doing celebrity voice impersonations on a local radio morning show. He then traveled the country working for a magazine subscription service that went door to door. He ended up in Miami, where he auditioned for a spot at a male revue club called Crazy Horse. He also danced at Le'Bare male revue in Ft. Lauderdale. He then traveled to Los Angeles at the behest of a friend who had wanted to start a band. After the band fired its manager, he took jobs selling various items over the phone--office supplies, Craftmatic beds and Life Alert systems. He was working at an office selling adult videos where he was offered a job as a production assistant on a film Ron Jeremy was directing. On the second day of filming an actor scheduled to perform was arrested for outstanding traffic warrants. The production was halted while the company scrambled to find someone to replace the now-incarcerated performer. After noting that the company couldn't find an adequate replacement, Steven offered to do the scene. Word quickly spread that a new guy with acting abilities and on-camera prowess was available. His star quickly rose in adult films. He became the first male star to be given an exclusive contract with Vivid Video top perform, act, and direct. His "package" was insured by Lloyd's of London for $1 million in 1996 after he purchased a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.- IMDb Mini Biography By: A.B. Klung
- He went to vocational school to be a mason, but all the job openings he found were cleaning tables and doing dishes. He began working as a male stripper and took a job as a production assistant for director Ron Jeremy for Deep Throat 6 (1992). When one of the scheduled actors couldn't appear because he was in jail, St. Croix stepped in.
- Won AVN's Best Group Sex Scene award for "The Show" (1997) (V).
- Hall of Fame AVN Award.
- The repression of sexuality in America is atrocious. To display sexuality is natural. Repressing it snowballs into society with crime, anger. Violence is life-denying. Sex is life-providing, life-cultivating.
- [about the porn industry] I've worked construction since 13 and I'm a mason by trade but this is the work I enjoy most.
- [on his decision to enter porn] First I had to consider what would my family and friends think. Once I found out who my true friends were and that my family loves me for who I am and supports me in my decisions, my decision was made. If I have to have sex with a woman in front of a camera so that I can work regularly and have a decent standard of living, then I'll do that because I want to act.
- When I got into the business I told myself I would not look for a relationship. I couldn't handle it, knowing my partner was having sex with other guys. I realize that's a Dark Age opinion, but with my feelings of self-esteem I'd prefer to keep my business and private lives separate.
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content