- Birth nameLinda Vanina Peressini
- Height5′ 10″ (1.78 m)
- Tall (5'10"), slender, and enticing blonde Lauren Phoenix was born on May 13, 1979 in Toronto, Canada. The daughter of an Italian father and a British mother, Lauren attended a performing arts high school, practiced ballet for ten years as well as did tap, jazz, modern, and lyrical dance (she also taught ballet for one year), and performed in music theatre as a singer, dancer, and actress. Following graduation from high school Phoenix attended the University of Western Ontario for two years as a music major studying classical music while singing jazz and blues on the side.
Lauren began her career in the adult entertainment industry at age twenty as a stripper in Canada. Phoenix went on to work as a stripper at the upscale club Stringfellows in downtown London, England, Tally Ho in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Blue Zebra in Lodi, California before entering the adult film industry in March, 2003 by getting in touch with the top agency World Modeling. Lauren made her hardcore debut in More Dirty Debutantes 253 (2003) (V) for Ed Powers. Phoenix directed her first hardcore picture Shut Up & Fuck Me (2005) in 2005 and subsequently acquired directing contracts for the companies Defiance Films, Torrid Entertainment, and No Boundaries Entertainment. Moreover, in August, 2005 Lauren signed an exclusive one year contract with Defiance Films and their sister affiliation Torrid Entertainment, but ended said contract after only six months. In addition, Phoenix in May of that same year launched The Lauren Phoenix Agency to represent both herself and other performers; she shut down said agency in January, 2006. Outside of her work in explicit hardcore fare, Lauren also appeared in print ads for the clothing company American Apparel in which she modeled tank tops, tube socks, and underwear. Phoenix has since retired from the porn industry.- IMDb Mini Biography By: woodyanders
- Launched the webmaster affiliate program BigPimpinCash.com in April, 2005. Moreover, Phoenix also owned the website Bang-A-Pornstar.com around the same time.
- [from an interview in 2004] I am a raging whore. Yeah I am. My sex drive is massive. I don't know where it came from, but I've always been incredibly sexual. It's pretty normal for me. At first I was wigged out by performing and stuff, but now, for me, it's like I'm a regular. Wake up, go to work, come home. But I enjoy it more with every day. I love it.
- [from an interview in 2004] I love to watch my work. I really, really do. I love to watch other people's work, too. I don't really know what's out there anymore. I did use to watch a lot of porn, but that was still like a few years before I started researching porn. I was watching it back when it was Stephanie Swift and Kobe Tai, and those were like your main new girls.
- [from an interview in 2004] I don't take to people telling me what to do all the time. I don't feel like I'm contractible material. And I'm not saying that in a way to bash myself. I'm just saying I don't really feel like I can fit the role of a contract girl. I really don't want to go do feature dancing to make the bulk of my money. I prefer performance. I would not like to be only performing one scene a month. I want to perform more than that. I just don't see myself doing that. I mean, the money is great, and it's great for my name, and I could get citizenship here in the states, which would be one of the reasons I would consider a contract, but ...
- [from an interview in 2003] I danced for three years before getting into porn in Canada, England, and Las Vegas. In England, I was dancing in a really strict upscale club, Stringfellows, right in downtown London, and it was crazy. They had a rule where you had to be more than a certain number of feet from the guy; you couldn't even touch them on the shoulder when you were dancing; no lap dancing there. I would meet business people from all over the world: Egypt, Brazil, Africa, everywhere. It was really an experience -- and it was a real big change to go from there to Vegas; totally different. I got to California in March , and I started in porn around mid-March.
- I did two years at university where I was a music major, majoring in voice. I was singing when I was in high school, too; an art school. I also had 10 years of ballet, and I taught ballet for a year. I took tap, jazz, lyrical, and modern dance and I did musical theater where I would sing, dance, and act all at the same time.
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content