Top News

2009-10 College and University Programs in Theater and Dance

The following is a list of accredited, degree-granting acting and dance programs at colleges and universities in the United States and the United Kingdom. It includes schools that grant either a degree in acting, theater, dance, or a degree in another major that has an acting component or concentration.  In general, B.A. and M.A. programs are more academic in nature (though they may offer a performance component or concentration), while Bfa and Mfa programs focus on training professional performers. An A.A. is a two-year junior-college degree. The list also includes nondegree acting programs that have a structured curriculum.Undergraduate TheaterAlabamaAuburn UniversityDepartment of Theater, 211 Telfair B. Peet Theatre, Auburn, Al, 36849-5422. (334) 844-4748. B.A. in theater, Bfa in music theater, performance, design/tech. Auburn University, MontgomeryDepartment of Communication and Dramatic Arts, P.O. Box 244023, Rm 223 Liberal Arts, Montgomery, Al,

See full article on Backstage