News

After Harassment Admissions, Morgan Spurlock Attempts a Comeback With New Film, Restaurant Plans

After Harassment Admissions, Morgan Spurlock Attempts a Comeback With New Film, Restaurant Plans

Nearly two years after documentary filmmaker Morgan Spurlock published a #MeToo mea culpa on Twitter that derailed his career and shuttered his 65-employee production company, he’s back this month with the release of his previously shelved sequel to “Super Size Me” and the launch of a pop-up chicken restaurant in New York City.

In an interview with Business Insider published on Thursday, Spurlock said he thought his Twitter confession in December 2017 showed the need for people implicated by #MeToo to “own up to their past and confidently move forward.”

In that much publicized confession, the filmmaker best known for “Super Size Me,” his seminal McDonald’s experiment, admitted to sexually harassing a female assistant of his and being unfaithful to every one of his romantic partners. He also described being accused of rape in college. “I am part of the problem,” he said.

Also Read: Morgan Spurlock Recalls Accuser

See full article on The Wrap