I am an unashamed Remington Steele-aholic. I have almost every episode on video, including the marathon that A&E ran several years ago.

I have constantly tried to pin down what it is that I like so much about this show. Perhaps it is that I just happened to stumble into it at the right time, perhaps it is because I am a hopeless romantic. I have never really been able to come up with an exact answer. To me it has just always had the perfect combination of romance and mystery that created a nice kind of tension in the show as a whole. You couldn't really separate the two elements, the mysteries seldom stood on their own without the subplot of Remington and Laura, and their romance thrived on the mysteries. I have heard that PAX tried to air the series and cut out all the romance scenes, I've never quite figured out how that would work.

For those who are not Steelites (and I realise that RS is not really that well known a show), the stories of each episode centre around the characters at the Remington Steele detective agency. At first glance it's just your normal PI Office, bullets flying, phones ringing, femme fatales wandering through the door every afternoon and a head man to keep it all under control. But there is one minor difference, that headman is a figurehead...one Remington Steele by name...though none know if that's his real name.... who takes all the bows while the real head of the office, Laura Holt, does all the dirty work. Add in their unlikely, and constantly challenged desire for each other...and you have Remington Steele.

One of the shows that unfortunately got lost in the 80s, RS is worth checking out if you like mysteries and/or simple romance...before everything became graphic and over-explicit. And if anyone out there has a copy of the Steele Threads episode that they are willing to part with, please let me know :)