• I am a housewife.

The term housewife has become politically incorrect but at the time this movie was made there was no such thing as "Politically Correct".

I understand this movie from a perspective of a woman whose entire life is centered around her home--her family, neighbors and friends.

This is what is so touching about this movie: it is centered around a woman who is truly in love with her husband, her children, her home, her community, her role in that community of friends and neighbors. This movie is so devastatingly accurate and honestly touching because it shows these integral parts of a stay-at-home-mom's life. She has normal routines that are all like the ebb and flow of the ocean. They change with the seasons but they are there and they are firm and flow freely. Slowly each and everything single thing that means anything is ripped away from this woman. Her husband, sex life, the joking and fun, even the normal arguments are gone, her sense of security that comes from her husband's presence is stripped away. Her precious children one by one are eaten alive by a force she can not fight. Her routines are gone, her friends have left, her community is desolate--it has become a graveyard. Some very poignant scenes involve the nursing mother (portrayed by Rebecca De Mornay) that is robbed of even her ability to nurse her baby. Scottie's tree that was planted when he was born is dying too. Every single thing that makes this woman love life and love her family is totally and utterly destroyed. This film touches your soul if you have ever loved what the main character loves.

Even the endeavor the community goes through to attempt to maintain normalcy by continuing the children's school play is grief-filled. Any parent viewing this film will identify with the main character in her struggle to survive day by day. The depth of love and despair that is portrayed through out this film is beautiful.

Every person that is ever in a position of power to help decide the fate of this country should be made to watch this film.

Testament is a warning and a very real possibility in our current day.

This film should be required viewing for all high school seniors to graduate. We need a generation of teens to be exposed to this film so that they can see how their vote and decisions in life could affect the entire world. This film evokes the same feelings of desperation that you experience when viewing Schindler's List and The Pianist. The real terrors of war are put on American soil in a small hamlet outside of San Francisco with likable characters and a plausible story line.

It always reminds me of how precious life and our society are and how very vulnerable we all are to having it all taken away. My prayer is that this film will not be a prophetic representation of our future.