Review

• "Christmas Secret" was one of the most delightful Christmas specials aired on television for the 2000 holiday season. It is a production that the whole family can really enjoy and will please anyone except a confirmed Scrooge.

Without giving away too much of the plot, a college professor is given a book showing that reindeer can really fly. He sets out to discover if this is actually true. He ends up at Santa's workshop and becomes involved in a number of delightful situations.

Richard Thomas is wonderful as the professor grounding the fantasy elements in reality with his performance. Beau Bridges may seem to be an unusual choice for Santa, but as the story unfolds, he proves to be exactly right. Each of the characters fits their role like the proverbial glove.

CBS offered the production on tape during the telecast and I could not wait for mine to arrive. I have watched it numerous times during the year and find it more enjoyable with each viewing. There are wonderful sequences for children and many humorous ones for adults. It is a film for the entire family. I only wish it was also available on DVD. Currently it is only available directly from CBS.

For a delightful, magical holiday production, "Christmas Secret" really fills the bill.