• I first saw this movie a few weeks ago on broadcast television and was only watching it, initially, because I was bored on a Saturday afternoon and there was nothing else better on television. After now having seen it, I'm glad I happened upon the film because without it, I would never have seen the immense talent of Jesse Bradford. I'd only ever seen him in two other films: "Bring It On" and "Swimfan". I think he did a fair job in the latter and a pretty good job in the former, however neither gave me the impression that he was a great actor. After seeing "King of the Hill", I now have a newfound respect for Jesse Bradford. Now as far as the film itself goes, I thought it was a great movie but it was incredibly sad and not one I'd recommend watching when you're in a good mood because it will just bring you down. I was very excited to see a young Adrian Brody in the film and, as was expected, he did a phenomenal job in the film as well. I remember watching the movie and being really angry with the father in this movie for leaving his child to starve to death. It was at that moment that I realized I was watching a truly great example of quality film-making. The movie gets a 9 out of 10 (it loses a point for being a little too melodramatic).