Review

• "Dallas" was one of my favorite TV shows growing up. I started watching as a kid a year after the whole "Who Shot J.R.?" hysteria and continued watching until the show went off the air. It was wonderful seeing the original cast all together again, reminiscing about the show and their own personal memories. I was really happy that almost all the original cast was involved, especially Victoria Principal who has shied away from a return to the show after she left and didn't participate in the series' final episode or the two subsequent reunion movies. Seeing Victoria back together with the cast, especially Patrick Duffy was awesome, especially when she and Patrick reminisced about whole special Pam and Bobby's relationship was. Bobby & Pam truly were the Romeo & Juliet of Dallas and their chemistry was still present some 26 years later. The added bonus of Mary Crosby was really cool too. Although there were a lot of other "Dallas" castmembers who could have been included, Mary Crosby fit right in with the original cast and her presence felt justified considering it was her character that shot J.R. and literally catapulted the show into a phenomenon. Although it was sad that Howard Keel passed away the same day the special aired and Barbara Bel Geddes, who's retired chose not to participate, I think the special felt complete, especially when the cast remembered the late Jim Davis and also Barbara, who sent a lovely telegram. I will always love "Dallas" and this was a great special that honored that show. Hopefully, a new generation of fans will come to love the show as much as I do now that it's available on DVD and reruns continue to air on cable.