• I picked up this movie just because the branch of Los Angeles Public Library (LAPL) near my workplace had it. And what a delight it was!

Now let me be honest: I was attracted to the movie the moment I saw Maribel Verdú (Rocío) in it. I remember her (and more so, her ample breasts, though perhaps augmented with silicone!) from y Tu Mama Tambien. Unfortunately for me, she never showed her breasts (though I could be certain that she stuffed silicone after this movie was made), this movie turned out to be very entertaining. Penelope Cruz, who spoke English like a horse (would do) in "Vanilla Sky" (one of the very few movies in my life that I could not finish, not even halfway), was innocent, fresh, beautiful, likable and very natural in this movie.

This movie also proved that Gabo's description of Serenade in his books is not at all exaggerated.

However, the greatest performance was by Juanito (Gabino Diego). I was blown by the scene where he goes to the church to renounce his faith, and then when he decides to retain his faith, having denied "republican" free love. It was hilarious! Great entertainment!!!