• This movie is a real treat. As the father of 2 young kids, I can't tell you how many "family" movies I've gone to that were in fact "kids" movies. You know the type of movie I mean, the one that holds little or no entertainment value for anyone whose age contains two digits. I won't mention any names....The Pacifier, Are We There Yet...that would be indiscreet. Anyway...Sky High is a revelation. Not only as a family movie, but also as a superhero movie. The superhero movie has become very popular again, but there have been some problems with some of them. They are either not any fun to watch (Batman Begins), or they are TOO lighthearted and you feel nothing for the characters (Fantastic Four). But here we get a story that is fun, exciting, and humorous, but we get to watch characters we actually CARE about. We want to see where these kids are headed, and what is going to happen to them next. It also deals with the "clique" situation that every kid that attends school deals with. Granted it does it in a fantasy setting, but the point comes through crystal clear. The kids are not the typical kids that you see in "family" movies. Usually they are uninteresting little runts that we are expected to like just because they're cute kids. No sir, these are kids with PERSONALITY!!!! They are individuals, and we are given a chance to get to know all of them. But don't worry parents, as I said this movie works for the WHOLE family. The adults in this movie are a scream. They may be superheroes or "hero support", but they are the ones that WE get to identify with. The parents who have the biggest dreams for their kids, and want nothing more that to see them succeed. And when the parents in this movie are forced to look at the fact that their son might not be able to live their dreams, they realize that he has his own plans, and dreams, and they must support him in his quest. Kurt Russell, Kelly Preston, Lynda Carter, and Bruce Campbell are all outstanding in this movie. Then there is the action. It's pitch perfect for this movie. Fun without being cartoony, and exciting without being violent or brutal. And for anyone like me that grew up in the 80's...you're gonna LOVE the whole John Hughes-type feel to the movie, right down the covers of classic 80's tunes like "Everybody Wants To Rule The World". It isn't very often that you can take your whole family to a movie, then leave 100 minutes later, and honestly say that EVERYBODY had a great time. Here is the exception, go see it, make it successful, and change it from the exception to the rule.