• Well, let's forget for a moment that religion enters into this show on any level. Even with Jesus as a supporting character, set around a priest, with interfaith meetings and interactions, there's truly only one way to describe this show: Disappointing.

Aiden Quinn has stepped into a role where he is, as expected, the best thing about the show. But every step he takes is measured with the utmost care not to dwarf his cast-mates.

The only truly good scenes are the interactions with "Buddy Christ" Garret Dillahunt, who plays the role with whimsy and ease. It seems like only then is Quinn being fed by the person occupying the screen with him.

One needs not fear the religious undertones of the show as much as the attempt to be a modern Picket Fences. An attempt made that not only falls short, but makes the watcher wonder why exactly he watched.

The cast is not totally without skill. Ivan Shaw as Adam is a skilled young actor with a lot of potential and, given the chance to slow his scenes down, he could excel. And Alison Pill's performance varies from scene to scene with the caliber of the actor she works with.

But as a friend said as we watched the pilot episode in sheer disbelief... "If I gave them the money, will they stop torturing us?"