• I've seen Blake Edward's The Carey Treatment twice since its airing on CBS in the mid '70s. I don't remember a lot of the details, but I am fairly certain that it was a pleasant and engaging medical/crime drama, although it looked TVish even for TV. I watched it with my grandmother of all people--she didn't like anything suspenseful because it aggravated her angina--and Nana gave it the ultimate compliment, "This is a good shoot-em-up!"

To my grandmother, all movies, with or without firearms, that had suspense were "shoot-em-ups."

The film was based on a work by Michael Crichton, but I can't recall if TCT has some of Crichton's trademarks--an ensemble casts of flawed, believable characters and a technology-heavy story. Instead, there's someone killing people, with a hospital as background and James Coburn looking very cool (and a bit Crichton-like in demeanor).

See, I really don't remember much but for the fact that I enjoyed it.

It appears you can't get the film at Amazon (although I haven't checked Netflix). That's too bad, because a cheap copy or a quick rental of this small mystery movie would be fun and enjoyable.

Just remember to bring your little pills, okay?