Well, I've just seen Harsh Times with a friend and we were both so disappointed. Christian Bale is a brilliant actor but what an earth was he thinking playing this role. Admittedly his acting is excellent as is Freddy Rodriguez, but there is no story. Nothing happens until about an hour and 15 minutes in to the film. I've read a few reviews that compare this film to Training Day which is a complete insult as Training Day is a brilliant (Oscar Winning) film with amazing performances and most importantly...a good plot line. It's such a shame that the 3 lead actors (Eva Longoria also stars) chose to star in such a dull film. Another opinion that I read is that it is edge of your seat thrilling, but there is nothing in it that makes it tense or interesting. When a film actually makes you want people to start killing each other so as to have something of interest to watch, it shows how bad it really is! The highlight of the film is a very funny line of "I see dumb people"!! Very amusing...