Predators is the best summer movie so far and one of the best of the year. I'll be honest I've only seen three summer movies. There was Iron Man 2, The A Team and now Predators. It's just been a really Summer for movies. You can just tell by the previews that they aren't going to be remotely good. Now out of the three Predators is the best movie.

Predators hearkens back to the first Predators movie. Breaking from the recent horrible Alien Vs Predator movies. The movie has the same feel as the first movie. It also has the same kind of set up a group off harden killers try to survive against a group of Predators. I had some lingering doubts that this movie would be good but I was wrong, it was great. It had a great premise. Instead of hunting on Earth the Predators take humans to another planet. A planet wide game preserve where the Predators hone their skills.

The characters introductions won't be a surprise to many people. The loner but reluctant leader. The man with a family. The silent warrior. It goes on from there. There is one character you won't be able to read, because he just doesn't belong with the group which was a nice twist. The actors from Adrien Brody and Topher Grace to Alice Braga and Danny Trejo all did really good jobs with their characters. The only person I had a problem with and the only real problem I had with the movie was Noland (Laurence Fishburne). What was the point of his character except to movie the plot along and they really didn't need him for that. And I like the actor too. He almost always plays interesting characters. It's just in this movie he was pointless.

The action and special effects were truly well done. There were many great scenes. But my favorite had to be the scene between Hanzo (Louis Ozawa Changchien) and one of the predators. I won't give anything away but it was one of the best if not the best scenes of the movie.

The ending of the movie was open ended which I really liked. There's so many directions they can take this franchise as long as they don't go back to the Alien Vs Predator type of movie I think I'll be happy. Overall this is a excellent movie. Out of the three Predator movies (I just chose to believe the AVP movies never existed) I would have to say this is the second best movie. It was ha hard choice between the first one and this one but I just love the Arnold and the cast of the first movie more. In fact all the Predator movies were great it's just that the first one was the best.

Predator 5/5 Predators 5/5 Predators 2 4.5/5