First of all, to those who are saying this is untrue to Norse mythology... Thor fought the world serpent AT RAGNAROK, and all the gods died... Even Fenriz, etc... SO, my understanding is that this movie is based on events that happened AFTER the great "Norse Armageddon..." The creators of this movie obviously had this in mind, when the character playing Thor had flashes of his battle with the world serpent... I thought some of the period costumes looked a little off, especially the helmets (and no, Vikings DID NOT have horns on them!) and the dialog could have used some work. I DID appreciate the "warrior's humor," however, and there was quite a bit of that. Reincarnation of the gods into mortals is obviously what the filmmakers were going for, otherwise how would it have been possible for Baldur to die on a bridge (not a rainbow bridge, Viking joke there) and Tyr to be slain. Reincarnated as mortals gives this story more credibility. That being said, the great Fenriz (did you know Fenriz is one of the founding members of Norwegian black metal band Darkthrone? Side note.) looked quite cheesy; the werewolf characters were a bit more believable than the main villain. As I said, the storyline is believable according to Nordic legend, IF you take into consideration (and it's easy to see from watching the film) that the filmmakers obviously thought the gods were reincarnated into mortals. However, this does NOT explain how Odin still sits in the great hall at Valhalla, as Odin was slain as well in the last great battle (by Fenrir, no less; this is the proper Nordic name for Fenriz the wolf). Not a terrible movie by any means, but once again, it's a movie not a history lesson...