When I saw the trailers for this film, I was intrigued at the subject matter it was taking on. Religious zealots run rampant in the countryside and their social tolerance regarding anything that might challenge their deeply held beliefs puts them in a position where they feel under siege. We know these heavily armed groups exist, but the cartoonish way they were presented in this film didn't strike any fear in me. I'd be much more interested in seeing a film about the regular guy who takes his church-going a little too seriously and loses control. But, hey that's me.

Anyway, this film has very little to do with our "religious" problem. It instead comes off like some sort of conformation of conspiracy nut theories about the moral corruption in the heart of government agencies. In other words, it's pretty much exactly what a lot of people in "red states" actually believe. And this is what is so offensive about it.

We're going through a time where government is smeared with decades-old propaganda myths as a way of giving more control to certain private interests. What we don't need is another popular piece of media telling us that there's some sort of official government policy which states that agents will automatically massacre a group of nutcases to make their job a whole lot easier.

I know there should some cynicism over where government is headed and I too have my own criticisms, but jumping to absurd conclusions only fuels the fire for more stupidity. You're better than this, Mr. Smith.