Look, I'll have to be honest here - if not for the copy on the video sleeve and the other reviewers on this board, I'd be pretty lost on this flick. I'm glad to see at least that I wasn't the only one befuddled by muffled dialog; at one point I asked my wife to come in the room and see if she could understand what the characters were saying. Not a clue.

OK, so if one goes with it, you have to believe that Anthony Quinn's character would be able to kidnap the president of an African country out of his hotel room and make his way to an abandoned mine shaft in order to hide him for a ransom demand. This after an assassination attempt on the president by John Phillip Law, who then manages to get himself admitted to the same hospital as the President (Simon Sabela) to continue his mission. By the way, I use the actors' real names here because I never caught their character names in the film, not that it ultimately mattered.

Before it's all over, Quinn and the Prez have a Stockholm Syndrome moment and things come to a head at the top of a mountain accessible only by cable car. Talk about the Energizer Bunny, but Quinn's character takes the assassin's rifle shot and still manages to hook his way over from the stranded cable car to safety. It's a dramatic finish to an otherwise ponderous hour and a half plus, and you'd be doing yourself a favor to fast forward all the way through this thing if you ever get your hands on it. Which I wouldn't recommend by the way.

As a final humorous observation, the thing that struck me most in the picture were those huge letters KC on the back of the Klein Contractors truck that Quinn borrowed for his kidnap attempt. The timing would have been right in the late Seventies for a cameo appearance by the Sunshine Band. Wouldn't that have been something?