I tried to like "The Big Bang Theory". I really tried. However, after seeing a couple of episodes from this sitcom, I ended hating everything about it.

For me, the biggest problem from "The Big Bang Theory" (Besides of the unfunny jokes and the awful cultural references) were the characters. All of them were incredibly unlikeable and annoying (even those that the viewers are supposed to sympathize) unsurprisingly, those characters are also clichés, perpetuating the stereotypical characterization of the "nerd" archetype as seen in many, many other movies and television shows, since the film "Revenge of the Nerds".

All the references made in this show are not only bland, shallow and forced, but also painfully unfunny as well. To get things worse, that stupid laugh track made all those so-called jokes even more irritating, as it were constant reminders to the viewers of what they are supposed to be laughing at.

I consider "The Big Bang Theory " to be a strongly mediocre series with overused stereotypes and flat jokes. For me, this show was like the live-action equivalent of one those lame and unfunny gaming web comics which try to be "cool" and "edgy" by including misogyny and lots of random (and also utterly pointless) nerd references.

So, in other words, "The Big Bang Theory" is the (stereotypically) nerd version of "Friends".