• I know that others has complained about this film, and thinking of the circumstances, it's not that weird. Of course, compared to the original (you saw this coming, right?), this one is more of an "easy come, easy go". It's like Hellraiser without Doug Bradley, or Elm Street without Robert Englund. Even if the movie itself doesn't suck, we have the original, with its own trademarks, to compare it with.

However! If you decide to watch this, please make sure to forget everything you remembered from the original movie. If you've read the book, you know that Carrie isn't as cute as in the 70's version, her mother is way more crazy ... The characters doesn't have the substance from the characters in the book. This one does. When I read the book, I pictured Carrie as a shy, somewhat ... I wouldn't say ugly, but not a real beauty, or cute. A bit odd girl, sneaking around in the corridors trying not to be seen and always on edge, never quite dry in her eyes. The actress delivers the character of Carrie superb, and sometimes better than Sissy Spacek (I am going to get so much sh*t from "real" horror fans for saying that).

The only thing I have to complain about is the choreography of the picture. The picture is a bit corny on occasions, has got too many closeups and almost always filmed with a shaky hand camera. Makes me wounder - why? It really brings down the over all grade of the movie, and gives a feeling to the movie as a "high school project" rather than a remake/interpretation of the book.

On the whole, an excellent movie with excellent acting. I give it 7 out of 10