I didn't know what to expect when I saw the title, The Haunting of Whaley House. I lived in San Diego for years so I knew right away the house they were showing wasn't the Whaley House. I have also been inside and the area is lit at night because it is in Old Town. There is always a lot going on in that area. It isn't just the Whaley House that is haunted but all around the area so there are a lot of stories and most of the ones they told about the Whaley's were correct. The thing is they didn't even try to make it look like the Whaley House at all. I doubt they could with the low budget. When you step inside you don't enter a drawing room with a staircase you go right up near the front door. So I recognized it was just the ambiance of the house they were trying to portray and its rumored ghost appearances. I thought the acting was fine for a B-movie with a low budget. People have to start somewhere to hone their craft. Some of it has to fall on the director. I enjoyed the movie though and some things were predictable but I didn't mind. Having known many psychics I really liked the one they portrayed in the movie. The end was the kicker for me from the point where the sun comes up to the very end of the movie. It is enjoyable but not a top of the line horror movie. It is campy and makes you jump here and there. If you want raw entertainment and you like the B level of horror movies you will enjoy this one. I agree with another reviewer that the actors have been under rated.