Review

This show is bad, period. The only reason is watched it is so that I can bitch about it. It has characters and scenes ripped out of Batman Begins. Come on, with all that budget, you could have at least made an effort. Batman and Robin with Adam West was more entertaining and one could argue, more genuine. They had the formula, they knew they were being cheesy and they knew they were making it for kids. Sold. But Arrow is as lame as they come.

Stephen Amell, dude, nice work with the body building but you could have shaved off some of that hard jaw gritting internalizing stuff. He looked like he was constipated most of the time and the man was simply trying too hard to portray Oliver Queen as a conflicted, damaged and deeply hurt. It was simply not believable. Laurel Lance, oh, Laurel, couldn't one of those arrows accidentally misfired and killed her in episode 1? Laurel's character is a bimbo who wants to save the world and expects to be fed the truth by everyone she has a relationship with. The audience of course wonders why anyone would be truthful to this girl if she simply is not about to handle the truth.

The saving grace of this entire waste of money comes in the form of David Ramsey who plays Diggle and Paul Blackthorne who plays Quentin Lance. Brilliant actors who do it well. If Stephen Amell did not have Davd Ramsey to bounce off a lot of scenes off, he'd be a dead fish floating on the river Nile for all one would care.

I could go on but in all fairness, the actors worked hard. I give em that. The fault really lies with the writing and direction. It's movie making at it's worst. The show is forgettable. Or maybe to be more accurate, this show will be remembered only because it is so bad.

I'm giving it two stars - one star for David Ramsey and one for Paul Blackthorne.