I just finished watching Gremlins 2, after I found it in the cheap movie bin at walmart. I remember seeing this one in the theatre back in 1990. It had the same affect on me as the Ghostbusters sequel.

I saw the first one in theatres 6 years prior, and as a kid I loved the movie. I got sucked into the story, and cried at the end when they had to give gizmo back. It all took place in a small town, and it was a gem of a movie.

Now I was 6 when I saw the first one, and flash forward six years later, and I'm on the verge of turning twelve when the sequel came out. Now 6 years is a long time in child years.

So I had changed a lot, and my interest had changed. This sequel just didn't capture the magic a second time for me. I didn't like it, but at the time I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like it.

Now I can, I don't like the setting. Inside the high tech office building. Also this one is much less serious in tone then the first one. With the comedy going way more over the top. Where they break the third wall too many times for me, and it takes me out of the picture.

Also the first one had such a sad, but nice ending. The first one is a great 80's film. One of the most memorable from that time.

If your a fan of the first film then chances are you have seen this one, and if your not a fan of the first film. Then you most likely won't be bothered with this film at all.

One last thing I'd like to add. This was a completely unnecessary sequel. The first one was a complete story, and adding anything more just waters things down. Some things should just be left alone.