• Peter Falk excellently portrays his character. I am sure that Vincent D'Onofrio got his character's behavior on "Law and Order: Criminal Intent". In fact many of these stories are rather like Law and Order in their substance and manner, including some rather bad scripting. However Falk makes up for that in all his skill. Where the stories have that bad writing, both in script and substance, Falk makes up loads for. I do not want to knock the show. It is a classic, and perhaps these detective shows require it, like court drams require a little imperfect, dramatic scripting to satisfy an audience. But for the good! Falk is just amazing. He pulls off the bumbling guy in the trench coat just perfectly. I know I am knocking the stories and writing, but really what makes this show is Falk, Falk, Falk! That's what it is a classic. I am sure it could have done rather well without Falk, but it could never have become the classic it was without him. So I can only take away one point for what is lacking in the writing because of Mr. Falk.