The Sopranos is a drama crime TV series that revolves around Tony Soprano,portrayed by the late James Gandolfini, as he faces difficulties of balancing the conflicting necessities of his crime organization and his family life as highlighted during his therapeutic sessions with psychiatrist Jennifer Melfi,portrayed by Lorraine Bracco.This show by David Chase also has a supporting cast that includes Edie Falco,Michael Imperioli,Dominic Chianese,Steven Van Zandt,Tony Sirico,Robert Iler and Jamie-Lynn Sigler. This 86- episode show lasted six seasons.

Tony Soprano is your average and middle-aged businessman.He's got a lovely and faithful wife and a son as well as a daughter.His circle of life includes a temperamental uncle,a hot-headed nephew,a mistress and a psychiatrist.We get to him how his balances his time and energy to meet the demands of his two families: the mob and his own.

This is definitely one of the best TV series ever shown.It definitely should be proud of its great writing as we get to see interesting and compelling characters who are human that have their own strengths and weaknesses.They are flawed and far from one- dimensional.Also,they make the viewer empathize with them in the good and bad things that they did.Also,we get to see great stories about the mob that never glamorizes the crimes that they do particularly the killings but rather it provides us a more accurate look on what it is all about in terms of the life in it and how the people respond to their responsibilities and the pressures of crime life.Finally,the performance of the cast is simply amazing from Gandolfini,Bracco and the rest.