The short is bookended by lovely titles with a saw rolling across, gorgeous. Any comedy short is only as good as its set pieces, so I break them up thusly:
* The car, with its special radio, is great and reminds me of a story I heard about John Lennon who apparently had a record player in his fancy car, but you can only use it when you're stopped for a picnic for example, not while you're driving.
* The sawmill, with wood everywhere you walk. Belly laughs.
* The boys fight quite a bit, in the way the Three Stooges became famous for later.
* The window. Goes a bit long.
* The chute. Incredible.
* Sawing a (something) in half. Brilliant. This gag: 10/10
A great first short to see from my new 21-disc set.
2 out of 2 found this helpful