Review

• I am not sure why the makers of this movie bothered to get the rights to do a movie version of a television series when the movie has very little of the elements that were found in the television series. I guess the most plausible reason would be that being an official movie adaptation of a television series, the movie would have instant "branding" and make it easier to market than a movie with a more original plot line and characters. Anyway, the story and characters in this movie are for the most part nothing you haven't seen before either on television or in other movies. You'll be pretty much able to predict what happens before it actually does. On the other hand, these predictable elements are put forward in a professional manner. Washington does well playing someone with a dark past who is still good at his game, the action scenes are brutal and fairly exciting, and the movie as a whole looks very nice. So I'm giving this movie a cautionary recommendation. If you are looking for something new, look elsewhere. But if you don't mind seeing the same plot and characters all over again, you'll find this movie a well crafted retread.