• Death in Hollywood (1990)

** 1/2 (out of 4)

This documentary pretty much does exactly what the title says and gives us countless stories about various deaths in Hollywood. We start off taking a look at the curse of REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE and hear about the strange deaths of James Dean, Natalie Wood, Sal Mineo and others. From here we take a look at some famous suicides including George Reeves, Lupe Valez, George Saunders and sadly many more. From here we get into bizarre murders including Sharon Tate, Elizabeth Smart, Roman Navarro, William Desmond Taylor, Thelma Todd, Bruce Lee, Jayne Mansfield and others.

DEATH IN Hollywood isn't the greatest documentary out there and it's even rather old-fashioned for 1990 standards but there's a lot of information on display here. Pretty much from start to finish we hear one story after another about various deaths in Hollywood. For the most part the film is entertaining but at the same time most of the stories are interesting enough to where the one or two minute time devoted to them just isn't enough. Just about every case talked about here is out there in more detailed documentaries. There's some misinformation here including Mansfield being decapitated but for the most part what's here is good enough.