• The Hollow, written, produced, and directed by Miles Doleac was, for lack of better wording, a damn good movie. This is not normally the type of movie I would seek out but believe me, if I see anything with Miles' name attached to it I will be giving it a watch.

The pacing is slow but it works perfectly for this movie. The dialogue is rich and often times funny ("Cutler's dry as a bone. Thank you, Jesus") and the characters are believable with all the flaws of real people. The acting is top-notch and the story unfolds a little at a time, just enough to keep you guessing.

The Hollow exposes small town corruption. Anyone who has lived in a small town can relate to this. If you live(d) in a small town and cannot then you either (A) are blind or (B) are part of the problem.

Now I want to put Miles Doleac on a high pedestal for a moment. I was anxious to see how well he could act in a movie he both wrote and directed. This man is one hell of a good actor. He blew me away with his performance as the corrupt Ray Everett. This was a complex character as I both disliked him but wanted the best outcome for him in the end. Wow is all I can say right now.

I've seen some harsh reviews for this movie and I truly don't understand why. To the overcritical viewers I just have to say simply, eff off. We as movie viewers desperately NEED fresh movies like this. Screw Marvel, screw D.C., screw all the needless sequels and remakes. Give me more original ideas like The Hollow and I'll be a happy camper.