I read some the very negative reviews and came to this conclusion.....

These people went to the movie but didn't really see it or they didn't even go to see it and just created a Trollish (and very short) review with no substance to it at all.

First off. Too many Cinderella remakes? Well, guess what? It'll be remade probably 20 years from now too. What does that have to do with how good or bad it was? For that matter,who cares? "Disappointing indeed", is something another said. What are the ways it was disappointing? No explanation,just an empty opinion.

"It is made for kids only and not for adults". Really?! I'm 46 and my girlfriend in her 30s. We saw this last night and enjoyed it just as much as the kids and (guess what?) their parents were enjoying it too.

A girl losing both of her parents? How in the world is that "for kids only"? I was amazed they dealt with it that directly and in a very mature manner, without making it too disturbing for very little kids.

"This movie was so boring." Okay again,"how" or in what ways was it boring? Just another blanket opinion.

"Nothing new?" It's a re-make of a 200 year old story,they have to tell it in mostly the way it was written but they did add something important, they gave all main/central characters real human qualities and emotions and even back-stories about who they are.

CGI animation & special effects are amazing & seamless here. The costumes and attention to how people would dress in that era is flawless. Every actor in this film is 100% into their role and best of all this movie "does" have heart,otherwise there'd be nothing to like about it.

A rip off of others or a "copy & paste" job : There's only one real storyline for Cinderella and that's (again) from the original story & book itself. Director Orlando and other filmmakers did not create Cinderella. He and they only made their own versions.

As for some alleging "Disney steals ideas"...aside from "a few" Cinderellas made before 1950, Disney pretty much made the definitive and animated one that year. Any later versions are remakes either good or just okay.

In case any haven't heard ,the movie industry is 112 years old,there's only so many "fresh" ideas anymore.

"The acting is/was so tasteless". What is that statement based on? There's nothing tasteless in the film at all. As for acting, does anyone really think it's easy to play such a "nice girl" as Ella and balance that against all the negative things happening to her? I'm not in show business but I certainly know the difference between a boring film and a good ,fun and entertaining one. This movie "is" a good movie,it has every element that it takes to be so.

Good actors, good directing,a well fleshed out script based on something already done before. ..and again, incredible detailed costumes and sets & again great special effects, that bring the illusion of that time period to life. The music score is excellent as well.

About the feminists. Ella is a very strong girl and then woman. To put up with all she did and went through after her parents passed on, is a testament not only to being a strong female but being a strong person in general.

I say that as a man raised by two good yet strong women.

It's far too easy for people to be negative in a review here on IMDb. It's easy to see, some come from just from wanting to be mean and negative because they want too,not because they actually saw the film.

Making a bad or boring film is a very easy thing too,when all involved don't make a real effort and just want to make money.

It takes a better use of one's mind to create a movie (and remakes) like Cinderella and have it be successful and as well done as this film.

Ten stars? I'll give Cinderella (2015) twenty! An AA++ and 100% perfect score. I will say and add that this movie will be an Oscar contender at next year's Academy Awards.

Anyone who rates it less did not open themselves up emotionally or even mentally to just enjoying it for what it is and always was & will be....a fairy tale. (END)