• This is a fantastic film I wish would receive more recognition outside of Europe. There are several ways to approach the subject of racism of course and one is to highlight it with humor. In this case it worked exceptionally well as the humor was tasteful and toned down for the most part. On the one hand you have the racism from the native French people, like the social worker, towards the Senegalese parents, and on the other end of the spectrum you encounter racism towards the ("white") baby from his own adopted family (grandparents). We are so used to seeing people of a European background adopt Asian or African babies for example - we think nothing of it. But think: Have you seen many immigrants adopt babies with a European background? No. We haven't really gotten used to seeing this and so we assume that they must be the children's nannies, babysitters or other. And why would immigrants come to European countries if some of them could react with such outrage and disgust as the grandmother? Is it surprising that more immigration means more of a melting pot, being more accepting and forming new families, traditions and so forth? It's great to see that racism isn't just overt, cruel and ill-meaning but it can just happen out of circumstance, out of habit basically. And it can come from people or groups of people you wouldn't suspect. All of this - and more - is what the film tackled in a very subtle and lighthearted manner and with incredible performances by the leading and supporting actors and actresses. A truly unique mixture between entertainment and social critique!