• I have always been an animal lover, cats and dogs for the most. I will try and keep this brief. I didn't want to watch this show when it premiered, I didn't like or understand the concept. The pit bull coverage was so negative. Then a few years ago I did, I got caught up on all the episodes (except those that Animal Planet will not air) and I fell in love with the show. Some things are edited for production purposes but all "reality shows" are edited that way. The bottom line is this rescue is awesome, as are most rescues in this country. I wish Animal Planet could pull more of their rescues together, showing the truly compassionate side of humanity. Pit Bulls and Parolees is a great show, some may find it difficult to watch with the rescues of dogs in horrible situations and....yes cats and other animals. But incorporating other Animal Planet shows, like Dr Dee, Vet Life and Dr Jeff and of course Pit Bulls and Parolees I pray people will find their inner love of animals and these shows exude it.