Review

There is no beating around the bush: this film is bad. But what makes it a cinematic atrocity is having such a large audience on hold, such a great cast, 100 mils and still messing it up. All Kingsman movies are over the top, but this one went both too far and did too little. It felt like 50% of it was exposition and the rest was Ralph Fiennes trying to save the film, to no avail.

Ironically, the highlight of the film was Rhys Ifans. I mean, he's a great actor, but he was in select company: Fiennes, Dance, even Hollander and Goode. And while he played a rather minor character, from the entire cast he was the only one close to memorable.

Perhaps tongue in cheek, perhaps in bad taste, in such a British film the Scots are the villains and the Americans are the jokes. WW I was a one man masterplan and one other man made it all stop. A pointless prequel if there ever was one, and that's saying a lot.

The fight scenes were kind of well done, but that's the only positive thing I can think of. Acting was good, too, but no material to work with.

Bottom line: a damn shame of a film.