Had it's "gala" world premiere at the Admiral theatre in Hollywood on 16 May 1938. The theater is now called The Vine Theatre, located at 6321 Hollywood Boulevard and originally opened on 31 July 1931. It was designed by S. Charles Lee. The second feature that played with this one was "Our Fighting Navy", originally called "Torpedoed".
In the days before the world premiere of this film, the theater had the film titled "His Majesty's Mistress" on the marquee, but when the censors saw the risqué title on the boulevard, they requested the studio change the name to something less scandalous. The studio changed the title to "Katia".