User Reviews (2)

• In this the second Jack Randall movie I've ever seen, I was glad to see it is an improvement over the first, "Across the Plains."

"Oklahoma Terror" was pretty much a generic title, but the plot of land embezzlers fits into the history of Oklahoma.

Spencer Gordon Bennett was one excellent director, though apparently fallen on hard times in working at Monogram. Low budgets and second-rate stunt work hamper the film, and editors have to work hard to make do with what they have.

An excellent cast, though, with Tris Coffin, a good-looking and talented actor, as the action heavy, Fuzzy St. John as the hero's best friend, and one of the best cowboys in motion picture history, and Glenn Strange as a leader of the good guys, make "Oklahoma Terror" a movie to see.

There were moments when Jack Randall sounded much like Bob Livingston, and a few scenes when he even looked like him, reminding us they were brothers, although Bob's career far surpassed Jack's.

Jack, or Addinson, Randall died awfully young, while making another western, and that is a sad story. He was talented and not used as he should have been.

Virginia Carroll had very little to do, but she did that little very well. She showed spunk and her expressions demonstrated some ability, and her ability was on display until at least 1966 since she continued acting.

"Oklahoma Terror" is not a great western, but it is a western and I recommend it. It's available at Westerns on the Web and I hope you get to see it.
    Jack Randall and Fuzzy St. John are on a mission in Oklahoma. The territory has opened up and homesteaders are coming in. But they're going out just as fast. As soon as land agent Davison Clark sells some piece of land to a prospective homesteader, Tris Coffin and his gang run them off the place. When they protest they're told that the West is no place for crybabies. Back in the civilized East they would call this an extortion racket. In the West it's Oklahoma Terror.

Not much suspense in this B western from Monogram since we know from the start what the racket is and who's behind it. The only thing that is left open until the end is Jack Randall's interest. But I won't give that away.

Average B western, should please fans of the genre as it did the Saturday afternoon matinée trade back in 1939.