- A Police Commissioner's son comes under suspicion for being a jewel thief.
- Vinay, an ordinary young man who finds himself constantly mistaken for a look-alike jewel thief named Amar. Vinay works with the police to impersonate Amar and crack his crime ring--but it seems that Amar has decided to impersonate Vinay, as well, and soon their true identities are thoroughly muddled.—gavin@email@example.com
- A Jewel Theif is giving sleepless nights to cops over the country where a police commissioner feels he is currently operating from his jurisdiction and swears to catch him before 26th January.The commissioners son Vinay gets hired by a jeweler Vishamber who praises his skills he gets closer to his daughter Anjali.During a party Anjali introduces him to Shalini where she and her brother Arjun claim that Vinay is Amar and was engaged to her.After cross verification's Arjun and Shalini realize their mistake but brings Vinay and Shalini closer thus developing romance between them.The commissioner realizes that Shalini's engagement ring is a piece of stolen jewel and that Amar could be the real Jewel Theif.Arjun and Vinay decide to team and trace Amar which leads them to cross borders of Gangtok.—firstname.lastname@example.org
- With Bombay being held to ransom by a daring jewel thief, the Police Commissioner has not only his hands full, but is also upset with his son, Vinay, as he has not learned any skills, and spends all his time examining stones and jewelery. He is pleased after Vinay secures employment with a leading jeweler, Vishamber Nath, and subsequently falls in love with his daughter, Anju. Then several people greet Vinay as "Amar" or "Prince Amar", and things come to a boil when a woman named Shalini comes forward and claims that Vinay is her fiancée. Vinay is able to prove that he is indeed Vinay, and cooperates to locate this elusive Amar - only to find himself embroiled in a devious scheme - that not only robs him of his sanity, his memory, identity, and makes him a target of every policeman in India and Nepal.—rAjOo (email@example.com)
- A mysterious jewel thief has been looting valuable gems throughout the country. As the daring crimes grab headlines, the Police Commissioner (Nazir Hussain) of Bombay mentions that the thief is currently operating in his jurisdiction. He vows to resign if he fails to catch the criminal by January 26.
Meanwhile, the Commissioner's son Vinay (Dev Anand) is hired by prominent jeweler Vishambhar Nath (Sapru), who values his skill with jewels highly. In the course of his work, Vinay grows close to Vishambhar's daughter Anjali (Tanuja). At a party hosted by Anjali, Vishambhar's childhood friend Arjun (Ashok Kumar) and Arjun's sister, Shalini (Vyjayantimala), mistake Vinay to be Shalini's fiance, Amar (Dev Anand). Both of them soon realize the mistake, but Arjun notes Vinay's uncanny similarity to Amar. Nevertheless, Shalini and Vinay strike a friendship, that develops into romance. Shalini's engagement ring is identified as a previously stolen piece of jewelry, and the Commissioner suspects that Amar might actually be the elusive jewel thief.
At Vishambhar's shop, all the jewelry in a concealed storeroom gets stolen. He believes that the man he had left in-charge was Vinay, although the real Vinay was with Anjali. The police believe the impersonator was Amar. A small-time thief gets caught at the shop, and divulges information about Amar's associate, Helen (Helen). Vinay agrees to help the police by impersonating Amar, and goes to meet Helen. He tricks her and learns that the real Amar is going to Pune. There, Vinay meets other members of Amar's gang, including Julie (Faryal). The gang fly to Calcutta and pull off another jewelry heist. Arjun and Vinay learn from Julie, who has realized that Vinay is only masquerading as her husband, that Amar has left for Gangtok, Kingdom of Sikkim.
Vinay visits Gangtok, and meets another Amar associate, Neena (Anju Mahendru). He promises to help her escape the gang in return for information. Neena, however, gets Vinay captured by luring him into the gang's safe-house. The gang's real leader is revealed to be Arjun, who is the jewel thief. No person named Amar ever existed; the identity was created to baffle the police and deflect any attention away from Arjun. Vishambhar Nath was part of this carefully-planned scheme, too, while Shalini had assisted the gang to secure the release of her kidnapped brother, Shishu. When she approaches Arjun for Shishu's release, she gets locked up with him in the safe-house.
Having discovered secret passages under the building, Shalini rescues Vinay and explains the situation to him. The three try to flee, but are recaptured. Vinay is administered electric shocks to wipe out his memory. The gang then make Vinay believe that 'jewel thief Amar' is his real identity. Their plan is to stage a fake heist of the Sikkimese crown jewels, and let 'Amar' take the blame. The police will be manipulated into shooting 'Amar' dead, forever lifting suspicion from the actual criminals. Since Shalini is a well-known dancer in the royal court, she is to facilitate the gang's entry disguised as a dance troupe. 'Amar' dies according to plan, and the gang celebrates. Vinay, however, had merely been acting; he had secretly warned the police about the gang's plan beforehand. Anjali, who has discovered her father's criminal involvement, has got in touch with the police too. The police surround the safe-house and Vinay corners Arjun, but he manages to escape. Vinay follows Arjun to his plane, but the latter threatens to shoot him. Anjali, though, has already removed the bullets in the gun, and the Commissioner appears to announce that the entire gang has been arrested, before January 26 as promised. Anjali takes Vinay to the cabin where Shalini is waiting for him with Shishu, as the plane gets airborne.
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content
More from this title
More to explore
Most anticipated Indian movies and shows
Percentage shows amount of top page views.