• Hawaii Five-O's successful 12-year run proved one thing: A drama doesn't have to be perfect or overly complex to succeed.

Hawaii Five-O's plots were straightforward and self-contained. They rarely had big surprises or twists, and the plot of one episode rarely carried over into future episodes. However, the stories were (for the most part) well written, intelligent, and often unique. For example, in the sixth season's "Draw Me a Killer", a young man "in love" with a female comic book character murders people who resemble her fictional adversaries. This sort of creativity resulted in interesting plots that didn't have to depend upon shocks or gimmicks to be watchable.

Hawaii Five-O was authentic. It was shot entirely on location in Hawaii. Most took place in Honolulu, but the show saw some time on the other islands, as well. Local actors were used to fill nearly every minor part in almost all episodes. While many of these actors were clearly amateurs, you didn't care. This actually added to the show's charm and authenticity. Some of these locals had recurring parts, being seen in different roles in as many as 14 episodes. That also wasn't a big deal, provided you didn't take the show too seriously.

Hawaii Five-O was nice to look at. The show went out of its way to create scenes with beautiful backdrops, allowing the viewer to feel he's on a Hawaiian vacation while in his own living room.

Hawaii Five-O featured one of the best opening theme songs and title sequences. It still holds up well 37 years later. Even the end title sequence, showcasing about 20 native Hawaiians paddling a boat through the ocean off Hawaii, fit in with the show's Hawaiian authenticity. A bit of trivia regarding the opening sequence: The famous wave at the beginning was NOT filmed for Hawaii Five-O, and was instead taken from some 1962 stock footage. This footage was so unimportant at the time that it is now unknown exactly where that wave video originated. Also, the 10-year-old boy shown on the beach was randomly selected and given $5 for allowing himself to be filmed. He didn't know he was in the opening titles until kids at school teased him about it! The first 7 seasons of the show were by far superior to the final 5. The show especially deteriorated by season 11. This was simply a case of a show that had run its course, and it honestly should have been canceled two years earlier.

Jack Lord did a superb job as Five-O head Steve McGarrett. We never got to learn too much about the lives of the other characters, but it was always clear that they were there to support McGarrett. The unity and dedication amongst the characters of the show was comforting to watch. While many cop shows (such as NYPD Blue) introduce conflict between the main characters, this had no place in Hawaii Five-O. This was a show about Five-O versus the criminal element of Hawaii.

Despite the repeated showcasing of Honolulu's crime, Hawaii Five-O actually did a lot to boost Hawaii tourism. You would think that episodes showing tourists as murder victims would put people off. Perhaps everyone felt protected by McGarrett and Five-O, even if both were just a work of fiction.
  • The longest-running cop show on American TV until "Law & Order"'s thirteenth season, "Hawaii Five-O" still has a long life in reruns and probably will continue in that vein long into the future.

Admittedly it did go downhill towards the end (the last season's episodes, ironically, seem even more dated than those from the '68 run) and no one can really claim that the acting was on a par with your Bochcos or your Levinsons, but it worked - yes, the scenery was a plus, along with Reza S. Badiyi's title sequence (still one of the all-time greats), but ultimately the glue that held it together was the late Jack Lord. He clearly thought the show revolved around him, and he was right - stiff, yes, but the man WAS Steve McGarrett; you never doubted for a second that he was in charge.

The show also had more than a few decent stories to go with the Hawaiian setting; that's the main reason this show was popular enough to run for more than 10 years (and more than twice that length in reruns). That and Morton Stevens's theme music, of course - all these years and that still hasn't worn thin yet either. I doubt "Miami Vice" will hold up so well.

The Stephen J. Cannell-backed pilot shot in '97 (and which brought back Chin Ho, killed off in "A Death In The Family") was judged so bad by CBS that to this day it hasn't aired, and probably never will. Like I'm weeping...
    It was 25 years ago just this past March 5th (2005) that Hawaii Five-O came to an end. There were cop shows all throughout the 70's and plenty after that ,but (as far as action oriented cop shows go)MacGarret & crew still reign supreme. Shows like Hill Street Blues & NYPD Blue (which just missed being on as long as 5-0 by about 20 episodes or so)give us the ultra-real look at cops and their lives and all the dramas that goes with it.

Hawaii 5-O,however,is still the show to watch for well written story-lines and great police/bad guy action. Not all the bad guys are crooks,sometimes their people who have suffered some sort of mental breakdown or maybe they are misunderstood youth (of the 60's & 70's). MacGarret,while tough as can be,treats all cases and people involved with them with a humanity that before this was not usually part of a police drama. Unlike Jack Webb of Dragnet,Steve was allowed to make mistakes and be imperfect.

Sidekick,Danny (Danno) Williams,is no second banana! I recently watched a show where he himself has to take on a crazed suicide bomber who's exacting revenge on Dan for killing his brother. James MacAurther looks and acts tough in that episode and pulls it off marvelously. Chin and Kono are great go-between guys as well,doing a lot of the necessary footwork.

The rest of the cast is tops as well.

The best ones would seasons for me are 1 to 11. Season 10 marked a farewell to Kam Fong & his Chin Ho Kelly character. Season 11 was James MacArthur's last also , but I can honestly say ,both seasons are great.

Season 12 is hit & miss with some fairly good story lines and Jack Lord's still on top of his game ...but replacement actors William Smith & Co. really didn't fill the void fans felt ,in missing Danny & Chin.

At least MacGarret catches nemesis Wo Fat in the grand 1 hour finale (I wont say how!) 5-O forever! (END)
  • This show lasted for many seasons because of the talents of Jack Lord and great writing, but I think it helped that it was on CBS as well. CBS always seemed to stand behind it's shows longer, even after ratings begin to drop. Perhaps my memory is wrong, but didn't the show end because Jack Lord wanted it to instead of it being cancelled? There are many memorable episodes of course, but the one that always stands out in my mind was the episode with singer Nancy Wilson as the heroin addicted performer. I thought she did a great job! Hopefully the show will come out in a DVD set. I hope the show will always be in reruns somewhere at least!
  • stephengward14 March 2000
    Aloha!
    Arguably the greatest of all the American cop shows of the seventies, Hawaii Five-0 ran throughout this decade, though actually started and finished its run outside of this era (1968 and 1980 respectively). At its peak (season five, in my opinion) it was unbeatable entertainment. Though entertainment it was and always will be if you learn not to take the show too seriously and realism isn't your bag! Seasons one to six represent the show's golden age, seasons seven, eight and nine show a noticeable deterioration in quality and the final three seasons aren't worth setting the video for! One of the primary reasons for the show's success can be attributed to Jack Lord's inimitable portrayal of tough no nonsense cop Steve McGarrett. From its inception in the 1968 pilot movie 'cocoon', McGarrett pitted wits with villain 'Wo Fat' and continued to do so on numerous occasions until the series ended in 1980. Other regulars included James MacArthur as Danny 'Danno' Williams (1968-1979) and Chin Ho Kelly played by Kam Fong (1968-1979) The show exuded coolness in every frame shot, the opening title sequence today looks as fresh and as exciting as it ever did - thirty years on! Morton Stevens' pulsating theme tune without doubt is one of the most vibrant pieces of music to ever accompany a television series. In short, the show is pure escapism that has never and may never be rivalled again. Notable episodes are: Over Fifty? Steal (episode #59); No Bottles.....No Cans......No People (episode #74); and the Vashon trilogy from season 5 (episodes #105, #106 and #107).
  • Th e1970's was often called the age of tv cop shows. You had shows like, Police Story, Cannon, Columbo, Toma, Baretta, The Streets Of San Francisco and Joe Forrester. However, Hawaii Five O was the grandaddy of them all. This show ran longer then any other police show in tv history, from 1968 to 1980, we all watched Steve McGarret unmask the villian and solve the mystery (oh and also to bark "Book 'em Danno" at the end of every episode. I am going to tell you something about Jack Lord that is not generally well known, I learned this from one of Paul Harvey's "The Rest Of The Stories". Although his role as the hard hitting cop would suggest he was anything but sensitive, Jack Lord was really a very different man in real life. He was an artist and a very sucessful one as well and it wasn't because he was a tv star. Five of his paintings are in the famous Metropolitan Musuem of Art in New York City. People have paid fortunes for them! As a student Lord won numerous awards for his art and people have paid fortunes for even his simplist watercolors. Lord often quoted Sean O'Casey and said "Let us find a way to spin joy into every moment of tomorrow's day". As Steve McGarret Lord was almost like a modern day knight. All the tv cop shows since in a way owe their sucess to him. He set a standard that will never be equalled.
  • It is hard to believe that years after the development of the DVD, that this great series has not been released on this format. Personally, I think Five-0 was one of the best ensemble shows of all-time. Steve McGarrett was a larger-than-life (and too good to be true) character that you could root for in all occasions. The remainder of the team was cast with varying results, with both James McArther as Danno, and Kam Fong as Chin Ho Kelly being excellent in their roles. Even the mediocre Zulu as Kono would share the occasional "Hey brot'r". I personally feel that the long-time nemesis Wo Fat, played to the hilt by Khigh Dhiegh, is one of the best bad guys of all time TV. The running clash between McGarrett and Wo Fat always made Steve's life interesting. My favorite episode is the light and comical, "Over Fifty? Steal!" starring Hume Cronyn as Lewis Filer. Also exceptional was the 3 episode block, "V for Vashon" starring Harold Gould. This is one TV series that I will definitely be purchasing if it is ever available in the DVD format. For my money, I place my Top 3 all-time TV series as: 1) X-Files; 2) Hawaii Five-0; and 3) The Dick Van Dyke Show. The other two are available; hopefully the folks holding the current rights to Five-0 will realize there is a huge pool of people ready to spend their hard-earned $$ once available. Thanks for reading, I hope this was beneficial to you.
  • To me this is still one of the all time great cop shows. The thing I think made it so special was its irony. The fact that you it was set in probably the most beautiful of settings, yet it had all the crime of cities like Los Angeles and New York made it Honolulu seem just like any other major American city which is just what Honolulu is. Also, the fact that the native Hawaiians in the cast were not stereotyped made it a great show.

Jack Lord was perfectly cast as McGarrett and pretty much was the embodiment of the character with his tough and almost unemotional demeanor and James McCarthur was great as Danny. Of course, who could ever forget what Kam Fong brought to the show as Chin Ho. This definitely was a classic.
  • boeingco21 October 2007
    To me Hawaii five-0 was the best police TV show. Intro music is fantastic I have it as my ring tone in my mobile. Jack Lord...Steve Mcgarrett...super handsome actor and an excellent image of a police officer. Danny, Kono, Chin-ho, John Manicote,The governor and of course Wo Fat, were fantastic support actors. I didn't miss any episode, I ran to home to watch the CBS program. It's unbelievable how I was excited when McGarrett and Wo fat were sharing the screen. Fantastic performances. In did writers did a wonderful job as well as Leonard Freeman. When I think in Hawaii...I think in Steve McGarrett.

I believe Jack Lord is the symbol of the 50th American state Also believe that this TV show brought a lot of tourism to the island... it was absolutely necessary to take pictures to the Iolani Palace, to the Ilikai hotel (the most famous pent house worldwide )and the Kahala Hilton. DVD'S was a wonderful idea. I go back in time...and it is very pleasant to watch well done TV broadcasts
  • gazzo-227 September 1999
    Can't believe I am the first one to put in some comments on this show! Great show! Loved the cast, the action, the scenery, one of my biggest childhood TV memories is watching the big wave curl over the name of the show. (McGarrett always looked like Elvis, by the way, didn't he? They were pals, if you didn't know..) I felt bad when Jack Lord died a couple years ago, he was much older than I would have guessed...77 was it?

Anyways, one of the better, more durable shows of the era, kind of think of Kojak or Cannon whenever this comes to mind; I hope to see it in reruns again sometime.
    Hawaii Five-O (1968-1980): Starring Jack Lord, James MacArthur, Kam Fong, Zulu, Al Harrington, William Smith, Sharon Farrell, Hermen Wedemeyer, Moe Keale, Richard Denning, Glenn Cannon, Al Eben, Maggie Parker, Peggy Ryan, Morgan White...Created By Leonard Freeman For many folks, "Hawaii Five-O" was the greatest "cop/detective" series on television, and in truth, it was the success of this long running series ('68-80, 12 years)that inspired other memorable detective series such as "Streets Of San Francisco" in the 70's and L.A. Law and Magnum P.I. in the 80's. The trend continues with today's "Law and Order" and "CSI". Jack Lord stars as the tough, no-nonsense, overly analytical, intelligent and charismatic Steve McGarret, who for years solves crimes and puts baddies behind bars in the beautiful state-island of Hawaii. James McArthur portrayed his right hand man Detective Danny "Danno" Williams and Asian actor Kam Fong portrayed Chin-Ho, another resourceful detective on the police force. Shot on location in Honolulu, Hawaii and other parts of the islands, the series was ahead of its time. A lot of the episodes (though not all of them) seem very real and probable, as if the crimes being committed, as dramatic as they were, could actually occur. For instance, several crimes involved drug traffic and prostitution, which never stops even in the mainland of the US. Admittedly, some of the villains were fiendishly evil, bordering on comic book villains, especially in the more psychotic criminals who killed for sport or fetishes. When the baddies weren't after peoples' lives, they were out to get their money in elaborate money schemes. At times, the show was full of contrived suspense, i.e. they would leave out enough in a span of ten minutes to leave you hanging before commercial breaks. Some episodes were divided into two parts, particularly the overly dramatic ones i.e. McGarett gets shot, they have to find out who shot him, he is hospitalized and during that time Dano takes over, McGarett is sued and goes to court, etc. Several villains returned various times to the show. The writing on the show is well-done and there was an overall feeling of mystery and action, though never as violent as today's shows. So sit back, watch McGarett and his men extract justice amidst surfing, luxurious paradise resorts and fun in the sun.
  • Remember it is the late 1960. Here is a series that dares to respect the native people of a US state. While some regard Jack Lords acting style as wooden it is solid as a rock. He is the anchor of the series. The respect McGarrett shows for his team and the people of Hawaii comes through in almost every episode. As can be expected with any series that lasts this long, there are a few standard cop scripts, but kick back and look at the scenery in those. Catch the better ones- anything with Vashon, Wo Fat, etc., etc. If you are willing to realize this was a long time ago and there are some things that are VERY different these days (for the worse in most cases) open up and fall in love with one of the best series ever. Just look at the opening credits (the first music Video?) and go back to simpler times.......
  • Although the plots and stories trailed off a little in quality near the end of the series, 'Hawaii Five O' in its prime was a remarkable example of how to do a television show right. It had a lot a factors going for it : Spectacular opening and closing credit sequences, a grabber of a theme song, exotic locations, a charismatic lead actor who had great hair and knew how to work it, and a racially diverse and intriguing supporting cast.

The series creator took a chance and had Jack Lord play McGarrett as a hard-nosed, hard-driving tough guy instead of a "Teddy bear" type, but this worked because McGarrett was so obviously committed to his job and to "Law And Order" that his brilliance and energy won the audience over, and in fact made them like him even more than if he had been played as a "Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes" character.

But the thing that sets Five O apart in my mind, is that whoever was in charge of story and script quality really knew their stuff and were allowed to do their job. H50 episodes had remarkably tight and internally consistent plots and screenplays. The screenplays always played fair with the audience, and almost always featured extremely clever plot devices, gimmicks or MacGuffins that made you admire the deviousness and ingenuity of the characters who were trying to do bad things under Five-O's watchful eye. And McGarett and his staff would scramble against a deadline to understand the gimmick and solve the mystery or the heist or the caper before the 'bad guys' could get away with whatever they were planning. And each episode was directed and edited with crispness and energy that kept everything moving and wasted no screen time.

Many times things were so interesting that the hour long show seemed to be over almost as soon as it started. You can't give a police detective show a much higher compliment than that. To manage to pull this off for so many years was a remarkable achievement.

Three cheers for "Hawaii Five O" and the people behind it. It holds up as one of the high water achievements of television drama.
  • raysond23 April 2002
    I have been watching this show since I was 8 years old. I remember watching its final episode in 1980(when I was 14 years old). And its still on in syndication some 20 years later after it went off the air. For the astounding 13 seasons that it ran on CBS-TV(from 1968-1980),and again as a very short lived series called "McGarrett"(when Jack Lord's character leaves 5-O to become a private investigator),its no wonder why in point the shows still leaves viewers on the edge of their seats,and at the end its McGarrett telling his partner after he catches the bad guy or super villain to "book'em,Danno...murder one". This show set the standards today for all cop shows that were to follow it,and it still holds up. Kudos to the legendary Jack Lord(who died two years ago on his resort in Hawaii),and series creator Leonard Freeman who were the first to put Asian-Americans and other minorities in non-stereotypical roles(which followed the same format that producer Sheldon Leonard used when he put Bill Cosby as the first African-American in a starring role in "I Spy" four years earlier in 65). One of classic TV cop shows of the late 1960's and throughout the remainder of the 1970's,and it shows. Catch the reruns.
  • wlmlbl10 September 2003
    Without a doubt, this is probably one of the best cop shows ever made! Jack Lord made the series all the more beleivable as the tough as nails Steve McGarrett. Adding Wo Fat as an adversary was even better!. I grew up in New England watching this series, and came to Hawaii a few years before it stopped production. It was a trip seeing all the sights that I saw on the show. Jack Lord had many of the local entertainers from Hawaii on the show. Many of the plots were good. This is one show that I will always remember.
  • I remember watching the old reruns on this show on the Family Channel. I wish they would bring it back, I miss this show! Jack Lord was so awesome as Det. Steve McGarrett! James MacArthur was cool, too!

I'm still a devoted fan to this show, and I was very sad to hear about Jack Lord's death. He was 77 when he died. I've always been a fan of the police-detective genre in TV and in movies, but none can ever hold a candle to Jack Lord and the rest of the crew on Hawaii Five-0!

No wonder this show was so popular! The beautiful scenery, the action, suspense, romance, and all the wonderful adventures McGarrett and Danno had together. This was one of the longest running police detective shows in history! It's way better than those violent & gory action series, and better than anything sci-fi. Also it's better than all those silly sitcoms they have out today! Bring this show back to syndicated network television again!!!!! Jack Lord, you will be missed!!!!!
  • This series was so popular that "Bookem Danno!" became a common phrase teenagers uttered around schools while this show ran. Once you see an episode, you understand why. CBS really went to great lengths to make this series run so well.

Leonard Freeman's top notch production shows & holds up well after all these years. Jack Lord is the ultimate Hawaii Supercop in charge of FIVE-O. James Macarthur is great as Dan-o, McGarrett subordinate. The use of Hawaian actors int he cast was UN precedented. The choice of shooting locations in Hawaii seems perfect.

The theme song blows you away & the sequence shown during the theme is priceless as well. The more I think about it, the only way it is not perfect is that with rare exceptions the show became a little too much predictable & formula at times. With the Hawaii locations & always something nice in a bikini around, the formula isn't so bad is it?
  • ddn325 April 2006
    Geographically and historically speaking, Hawaii Five 0 was very lucky. Aired from 1968 to 1980, anti colonialism, revolutions, student uprisings, racial issues, Asian communism and many other current events made compelling topics. Hawaii Five 0, with its stoic leader, McGarrett, tackled all these issues with fairness. Mc Garrett, despite his fierce devotion to law and order, was no old school ideologue. His political convictions were kept to himself; he loathed extremism on both sides of the political spectrum. Although a bit sexist, he had a multicultural team that must have been quite alien to audiences used to lily- white police shows. This show, although almost forty years old, is still highly watchable. The first six seasons are worth hunting down.
  • Hawaii Five-O is another cop show that was a big part of my life.It was excellent to say the least.Jack Lord was born to play "Steve McGarrett". It is sad to know that he is no longer with us. I will always remember him as being the first "Felix Leiter" In the first James Bond movie "Dr.No. He will be missed. This is a classic show which lasted 12 seasons...
  • ShelbyTMItchell13 February 2013
    Jack Lord is the original and cool, calm, collected and no nonsense Steve McGarrett as he is not just the star or was but the producer of the show. And owned the show and retired from acting to live in Hawaii after the show went off the air.

McGarrett heads a elite anti-crime task force named after the 50th state as he made the catch phrase "Book Em Danno" by his right hand man and sidekick Danny Williams(James MacArthur), when it was time to arrest the antagonist of the week. Usually a murder one charge.

He also tangles with his arch enemy Wo Fat in which he got in the series finale of the show. Which became a running gag throughout the show's run! For in real life, there is really not a state task force. But Hawaii wishes that there was one for real.
  • "Hawaii 5-0", which I reviewed for the Encyclopedia of Popular Culture, was the first major series set in Hawaii. Its locale, its central character, and much else have been copied since. From beginning to end of its dozen-years' run, this was a quality production. It began as a TV movie; and from first to last Jack Lord played the head of this special investigation unit, Steve McGarrett. He reported directly to the Attorney General and Governor of the state; and his unit took on murder and all the other most difficult cases. A look at the directors and writers who toiled for the show reveals the quality of the attempt. The directors included TV's biggest names, I assert, among them Danny Arnold, Reza S. Badayi, Richard Benedict, Abner Biberman, Bruce Bilson, Robert Butler, Marvin Chomsky, Barry Crane, Lawrence Dobkin, David Friedkin, Alvin Ganzer, Robert Gist, Gordon Hessler, Alj Kjellin, Paul Krasny, Philip Leacock, Bernard McEveety, John Llewellyn Moxey, Gene Nelsom, John Newland, Michae O'Herlihy, Leo Penn, Seymour Robbie, Sutton Roley, Barry Shear, Bob Sweeney, Jerry Thorpe, Don Weis, Paul Wendkos and Nicholas Colasanto. The fine writers who worked for "Hawaii 5-0" included Ed Adamson, Albert Aley, John D.F. Black, Walter Black, Jerome Coopersmith, Robert C. Dennis, Meyer Doilinsky, Jackson Gillis, Herman Gorves, Darid P. Harmon, Laurence Heath, Shirl Hendryx, Stephen Kandel, E. Arthur Kean, Curtis Kenyon, Anthony Lawrence, Seeleg Lester, Robert Lewin, Jerry Ludwig, Bob and Esther Mitchell, Irv Pearlberg, Gilbert Ralston, Sy Salkowitz, Alvin Sapinsley, George F. Slavin, Jack Turley, Carey Wilber, and Preston Wood. The producers maintained both a mainland and an Hawaii-based unit. The cast included besides Richard Denning as the Governor and several other regulars McGarrett's unit, comprised of James MacArthur as young Danny Williams, Zulu as Kono Kalakaua, Kam Fong as Chin Ho Kelly and Harry Endo as lab man Che Fong for seven years. As regulars left the series, others were hired including Al Harrington, Herman Wedemeyer, and later in the series Sharon Farrell. Regular guest stars. included Kawn Hi Lim, Seth Sakai, Khigh Dhiegh as Chinese spy Wo Fat, Danny Kamekona, Tommy Fujiwara and more. Prominent actors who were hired for prominent guest roles included Stephen Boyd, Mark Lenard, Charlene Polite, Ricardo Montalban, Hume Cronyn, Simon Oakland, Constance Towers, Marianne McAndrew, Luther Adler (the Vachon trilogy), Nehemiah Persoff, and hundreds more. The topics included the degradation of the original Hawaiian culture, plague, murder of tourists, robberies, power-crazed locals and newcomers, organized crime's 'lords', vicious malefactors and fantastic plots of assassination or worse. The show's theme, its locations, Jack Lord's saying, "Book 'em Danno--murder one" became household icons. Finally the series ran out of new cast members and new crimes worthy of an hour's length of narrative film. But the ethical quality of its tough-minded lead, the clear, crisp photography and the swift-paced and intelligent dialogue read in authentic locales set a new standard in each case for what had until 1968 been a rather insular TV production system, shot mostly in Los Angles regardless of the storyline. The show was very fine by my standards; and it is still missed today.
  • oconnelle17 June 2019
    You can't beat Jack Lord as Mcgarrett on the original Hawaii 5 o. Everything about the cast and the show is the best. The new show is GARBAGE.
  • Ranchugirl8 November 2003
    Hawaii 5-0 has held me captive for many years now, and I still cant get enough of it! Hawaii is what it is today with a big credit to Hawaii 5-0! Its great settings and interesting story lines have made it unique compared to all those other cop shows around, and its the longest running tv show in television history! Jack Lord is the greatest in Hawaii 5-0, he has kept the viewers right there on their seats the entire time! 5-0 wouldnt be 5-0 without him! Mahalo, Jack!
  • It is good to watch this show as a glimpse into the past. While watching a scene where evidence is analyzed I can't help thinking what a show like CSI would do in the same situation. Phone patches with the radios would be replaced with cell phones today. In the last few seasons you begin to see touch tone phones. I read another comment regarding making a movie of the series. You would have to do it as period piece with the characters recast. Who could play McGarret?
  • hawaiifive014 December 2000
    Hawaii Five-0 is my favorite Show.I've seen every episode of that show.I was sad to here Jack Lord Died.The show lasted 12 years.when it was cancelled i was very disappointed.i see Hawaii Five-0 on T.V.People were talking about making a movie about Hawaii Five-0.I don't think it would be the same.