- The end can be very upsetting
- The intensity of this film could help educate naive young minds, especially rural and suburban youths who have no understanding for the loss of innocence in big city environments.
- It is strongly implied that a main character was sexually abused by his Grandmother in his youth.
- This film is very depressing.
- In the final scene of the movie one of the main characters dies of his illness on a bus. It is a total surprise (the death) to his travel companion/seatmate when he looks over to see him leaning against the window, motionless and dead. After telling the driver, he must close his eyes and tell the other bus riders it is just an illness. This is very sad and emotional !