• ARE YOU BEING SERVED had a long run on British TV, from 1972 to 1985. This groundbreaking series paved the way for many other famous Brticoms. But this one was the first to feature a gay character and delighted audiences with its naughty and unending double entendres.

Set in a dismal department store, Grace Brothers, the basic plot revolves around the sales people in the ladies' and gents' departments, forced to share floor space. Of course there are other store employees and many hapless customers. This basic structure saw something like 69 episodes filmed over 13 years as well as many cast changes.

The series was first seen as a starring vehicle for the swinging bachelor, Mr. Lucas, played by Trevor Bannister. As the junior sales clerk in the men's department, Lucas was always short of money and anxious to get out of the store to chase "birds." But after a few episodes two other characters emerged from the pack as audience favorites.

The blowzy Mrs. Slocombe, played by Mollie Sugden, was a middle-aged woman with an ever-changing hair color. She could switch between Cockney and Posh accents in a heartbeat and was often the butt of Lucas' crude jokes. Mrs. Slocombe had an alarming habit of referring to her "pussy" but was always blithely unaware of how these stories were taken by others.

The character of Mr. Humphries, played by John Inman, embraced many gay stereotypes but at heart he was a sweet and non-threatening character. Like Mrs. Slocombe, he had his own set of double entendres, but he winkingly made it known he knew exactly what he was saying.

Other main characters included the pompous floorwalker, Captain Peacock, played by Frank Thornton; the busty sales girl Miss Brahms, played by Wendy Richard, the crusty senior sales clerk, Mr. Grainger, played by Arthur Borough, the dim manager, Mr. Rumbold, played by Nicholas Smith, and the ancient store owner, Young Mr. Grace, played by Harold Bennett.

There were also crude maintenance men, Mr. Mash, played by Larry Martyn, who was succeeded by Mr. Harman, played by Arthur English, and a series of busty-but-dumb secretaries.

After Bannister left the series and Borough passed away, there was a series of replacements for these characters but none were terribly successful. Pop star Mike Berry had a decent run as Mr. Spooner, "the junior," and a series of actors had turns replacing Borough as "the senior." Alfie Bass, James Hayter, Benny Lee, and Milo Sperber all had short runs.

Over all the years, however, the hearts of the series were Mollie Sugden and John Inman. Both were superb comic actors who were game for just about anything. Anything here meant outlandish costumes (Inman often in drag), musical numbers, dances, and knock-about slapstick comedy that was done live and apparently in front of an audience. Sugden was often asked to wear ridiculous costumes, ranging from rompers to lederhosen. Inman even appeared as his own mother.

The bottom line is that this series was silly but sweet. Its crude language and situations were easily forgiven because the actors were so damned good. Like a handful of other TV classics, ARE YOU BEING SERVED has never stopped running. This was a famous import for PBS) along with other Britcoms) and became a staple of that network.

The show was so popular, it spawned a 1977 movie in which the gang all go on holiday together. There was also a sequel series called GRAVE AND FAVOUR or ARE YOU BEING SERVED AGAIN? In which Sugden, Inman, Thornton, Richard, and Smith all retire to the country and run a hotel (owned by Grace Brothers) in exchange for free board.
  • "Are You Being Served?" is one of my favourite comedy programmes.

It involves the working life of the staff in Ladies and Menswear departments on the third floor of Grace Bros store.

The main characters are the hilarious senior saleslady Mrs Slocombe, always worried about her pussy!, played by Mollie Sugden, John Inman as homosexual-type salesman Mr Humphries, pompous floorwalker Capt. Peacock played by Frank Thornton, wisecracking junior salesman Mr Lucas [Trevor Bannister], who was always leering at young saleslady Miss Brahms [Wendy Richard, now Pauline in EastEnders], senior salesman Mr Grainger [Arthur Brough] and tactless manager Mr Rumbold [Nicholas Smith].

The boss was 80 year old Mr Grace, telling everyone "You've all done very well!", played by Harold Bennett. People of all ages will love this series, even thirty years after it's entry to TV, you can still laugh at it over and over again!
  • I love this show so very much! Ever since I first had the honour of viewing this show for the first time, I have loved it. I have seen each episode more times then I can remember, and yet still every night I watch them again. I have grown to know ALL the characters personally, and feel like I am a part of what feels very much like real life at Grace Brother's Department Store. What the characters said, and everything that happened, I know as a very pleasant dream. Dive into the joy of the working staff of this wonderful series, and you will not want to leave. Listen, and you can almost hear the wonderful Mr. Humpries's saying "I'm Free!"

On another note, I must just give a huge thank you to everybody was ever involved in Are You Being Served?, and Are You Being Served, Again?. Because of this show, I grew to love many other wonderful BritComs (British comedies). Thank you to all cast members, crew, the very men who brought the show to TV, extras, etc. To those who have passed on, rest in peace brothers and sisters. You may have departed this world, but I for one will never forget you, and the wonderful contributions you made. To the fictional staff of Grace Bros., thank you for allowing us a just a peek into you lives. I just wish I did not have to leave. Thanks all, your work is remembered certainly by me, and millions of fans past, present and definately future. Grace Bros. will continue to be open, as long as someone keeps watching and remembers.
  • I'm now 30 years of age and grew up watching Allo Allo, 2.4 Children, Only Fools and Horses, One foot in the Grave etc, all of which I have wonderful nostalgic feelings for. I've always felt Brits make the funniest sitcoms, maybe i have an inbuilt British humour. Only in the last 2 years i bought series one of this to see what all the fuss was about, without any shadow of a doubt this is the funniest sitcom ever, no matter what mood i'm in i can put one of these on and laugh out loud, to the people who moan that the jokes were repeated i'd like to remind them of how many years this ran for and just how successful it was and still is. The movie was horrible, why did they make it!! However the sitcom all the way through was hilarious, Mollie and John i think made the series but all the cast were wonderful, especially young Mr Grace. There was an innocence about the series hidden deep amongst all the double entendres. High points for me were from the episodes Camping in, Oh what a tangled web and Friends and Neighbours. Maybe the show dipped a bit at series 9, but series 10 was a class act.
  • Are You Being Served is a fantastic example of British humor at its finest. Granted, with almost 30 years since the telecast of the first episode, some of the humor has become dated. However, the cast and script-writers took the concept of double entendre to a whole new level with the jokes in the show (the best one I think being about Mrs. Slocum's cat, if you get my drift!). The thing that makes the show stand the test of time is that they did not have to resort to outright obscenity and crudity to get the humor across. It requires a little bit of thought to follow some of the jokes, which while base, are veiled in "false propriety". It is something that I would have no problem letting my children watch because they would not get the jokes until they were old enough to understand and deal with the humor. What comedy today can we say the same about? The show also has the ability to pull you in, make you privy to the "secret jokes" and make you feel part of the club. You become bound up in the inside jokes and personalities, and can identify with the characters (within reason: who can understand the concept of Mrs. Slocum's changing hair-colors?!). Overall, it is a great series and well worth watching, even 27 years later!
  • I left England in 1968 so I missed watching this live as it were but it is still hilarious. Here in Alberta we can watch it 5 times a week on P.B.S. or on Y.T.V. in Canada at 1 a.m. I find it so amusing, the characterizations are faultless the dialogue is matchless the situations are believable even if sometimes outrageous.

But above all it is a very gentle comedy, in the best traditions of English comedy, nobody gets hurt, reputations are never ruined, it is never malicious or small-minded.

I watch it every chance I get because it is funny without forcing the humour.
  • bravesfan3523 March 2009
    I don't understand how anyone could bash this show. Yeah, there were a lot of sexual references in it, but it's not near as bad as some of the shows we see on TV these days. There are other Brit-coms like Monty Python that show actual nudity. AYBS does not. I could never get tired of this show. Frankly, I've been a fan of it for years and I hate that it's not currently on our local PBS station. Thankfully, I have taped episodes from when it did air so that if I feel like watching a real comedy, I can just pop in a videotape of AYBS and laugh away. This is an outstanding comedy and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants a good laugh. To all the people who have left nice comments about the show, all I can say to you is "You've all done very well."
  • Are You Being Served is the best British comedy can give us. I don't understand why some people are offended by this series! It's all in good fun. The follow up Grace & Favour was great too. It's a shame they only made ten series (from 1973/1985). AYBS? will rank as one of the best sit-coms ever.
  • I have seen every episode in this show at least 10 or more times for sure. So let me tell you the sets are by today's standards cardboard like the, props sort of dated.

BUT that said you would be a fool to let that stop you from seeing this awesome example of Double Entendre! taken to the highest comedic extremes. No other show is so packed with things that on the surface suggest daily life that one who has an active mind easily finds a more gutter snipe meaning to what was said.

A perfect example follows where Mrs. Slocumbe was talking to a truck driver on the road via CB radio from the Grace Brothers store. Mrs. Slocumbe an avid feline lover and, owner has a cat named tiddles. She is constantly on the hunt for a man like a British Sadie Hawkins this guy was a hot prospect seeing he too sounded keen on her. Mrs. Slocumbe regales the truck driver with all her home spun skills and loves... you hear the truck driver obviously in the midst of driving his big rig as Mrs. Slocumbe begins telling the truck driver of her pussy <cat> and how it wins a prize every time she shows it. You hear the wheels lock and, screech as dude looses control of his rig and, the connection is broken. Not to mention she was dressed as a punk rocker in a rainbow Amazon woman outfit when talking to the man.

Whey was she in the punk rocker garb well. Well this just a hint of the funny things you will find on this show... You just have to get the videos DVD's whatever's available but one thing for sure you will never ever be sorry you did.
    "Are You Being Served?" is one of the best British comedies to hit American television screens! The show is about workers in a department store and their everyday lives. Every show the workers have adventures from being stuck in the store due to bad weather to one of them becoming a Pop Star for a day. "Are You Being Served" does not have any hidden messages like the average comedy it just tells about life in a plain old department store. What makes the show unique is the personalities of the workers; where in this store the customer is not always right. While the show ended in 1982 the show remains an icon due to the simple story lines which lead to hilarious side-splitting misunderstandings. "Are You Being Served?" is a must see for people who enjoy comedy. If you are looking for laughter, the search is over with "Are You Being Served."
  • I never laughed so hard in my life as the first time I saw this show. The only American sitcom that ever compared was Cheers. Anybody who has nit seen this sitcom should really watch it. The cast of characters is excellent. For example in the early episodes Mr. Lucas is always getting Mrs. Sloacombes goat. John In man as Mr. humphries is definitely the star of the show. Mr. granger reminds me of A man I used to work with A long time ago. That's what really makes this program so funny. It is more realistic than you might think. One of the funniest in jokes is the one where they always tell the customers that their sleeves or pants leg will "ride up" with wear. I highly recommend this show for everybody!
  • I remember watching reruns of this show on PBS in the 90s, I must have watched every episode ten times. The only American show that could be compared to AYBS is probably Threes Company, if only for the dirty jokes that pop up on every episode. It was a little weird seeing such proper British people casually tossing off filthy double entendres, but that was part of the charm, the characters were largely oblivious to the fact. My favorite character was Mrs. Slocombe with her sky-high neon-colored hair. She and Mr. Humphries made the show, just like Karen and Jack make Will & Grace, if you get my drift. Mrs. Slocombe had the funniest reactions to every event, no matter how small, and was quick to petulance after her fragile ego was even slightly bruised. I still laugh when I recall scenes from the show, for instance when she walked in one day wearing a brown outfit and Mr. Lucas said "how now brown cow", and she glared at him. I'm laughing as I type this. Or the time when Mr. Rumbold became ill and Mrs. Slocombe took over the whole department and used his office, she started ordering all these fancy things befitting an executive, like a new suit, and Mr. Travis said "She looks like Rocky Marciano". Then she ate the meringue and got a call from Mr. Rumbold not to eat the meringue, and became violently ill. My favorite Mrs. Slocombe episode, if there is one, is when she can't get home so she stays at Grace Brothers upstairs and has a self-contained apartment. One-by-one, all the other characters, who couldn't get home either, drop by to stay at her apartment and she has to accommodate them all. It's hilarious! There's also one episode where Joanne Lumley makes an appearance and she's young and sexy, she's selling perfume or something.

This wasn't the best show ever made, but the characters are so well crafted that you feel like Grace Brothers could be a real department store somewhere. Even in the 70s, when this show was made, Grace Brothers seems hopelessly old-fashioned and out of date.
  • joliefille4117 February 2010
    I was pondering which review would be worthy of being my 50th IMDb review and AYBS won by a landslide. Not only is it the definitive field guide to the world of double entendres, it's my personal favourite TV show- British or otherwise. If you are looking for your first foray into British comedy, you'll find no better, and if you only see one, this had better be it.

Despite its long run and casting changes, not always for the better mind you, AYBS was one show I can never say outran it's welcome. It remains as fresh and hilarious as the first day of taping, capturing perfectly the working atmosphere (in no small ways can I pick out similarities to my own stint in retail) while seamlessly introducing the absurdly hilarious. Jeremy Lloyd and David Croft were BRILLIANT writers for the show.

The original lineup will always remain the favorite. In that time, I felt the characters were more equally favored, and I loved the caustic Mr. Mash. As changes ensued, there were highlights and detriments, including Miss Brahms coming more into her own, and the most obvious unwanted replacements of Mr. Grainger and Mr. Lucas. I never was a fan of Mr. Spooner, but I don't think he killed the show as more rabid purists may attest. Either way, I was never presented with an episode that couldn't make me laugh and forget the oppressions of real life.

One last note, the musique concrete theme song was really outstanding as a hallmark of the show: very iconic.

So this is my poor tribute to a fantastic show. If anything, I hope the very least I can do is inspire someone to look it up and become a new fan of this brilliant classic
  • This series ran from 1972 to 1985, but as British series typically only do six or seven episodes in a season, there are only sixty-nine episodes in all.

The series focuses on the relationship between the staff of the ladies' department and the gentlemen's department in a mid-priced department store in London. Also involved in the humor and bickering are the floorwalker, the department manager, and the owner of the store. There were several cast changes, but most of the crew stayed on through the entire run.

As Frank Thornton (Captain Peacock, the floorwalker) points out in interviews, this show is appealing because it's about shops. Everybody knows what goes on in a shop. We see the bickering for display space, the outrageous lies told to clinch a sale, and the petty squabbles as management institutes ridiculous rules.

The one flaw to the series is that continuity stank. The departments in question bounced from floor to floor over the years, not because they were moved, but because the writers forgot where they were supposed to be!

A blessing to fans of the series is the new DVD collection which includes 34 episodes from the first five seasons. There were four Christmas episodes that are rarely shown on television, and two are in the time frame of this set. Also included is "Top Hat and Tails," which had been "lost" for twenty-five years. Once you see it, you'll understand why someone "lost" it until just recently (there's a scene that was surely considered inappropriate at the time).

This series has its down moments, but every episode brings laughs and joy. The quick wit and hilarious physical comedy remain timeless, even as the clothes seem more dated and the political references get stale.
  • I have to say that this has to be one of the best British Comedies I have ever seen. The humor is fascinating and yet so down to earth. I enjoy watching Ms. Slocumb just to see what color her hair is going to be next, which was one of the claim to fame of the show. Also the innuendos that Mr. Humphries may or may not be gay, is he or isn't he? There are so many good things to say about this series. I am currently in the process of buying the complete series on DVD along with Are You Being Served Again and Are you Being Served: The Movie. Though I have watched this series often and for a long time, the one's I watched were usually on PBS in the United States and I know that it is impossible for me to have seen every single episode. I also watched many of the episodes of Are You Being Served Again and thought they too were great, I only wish it had lasted much longer than 3 seasons. I can hardly wait to own all of them on DVD so that I can continue to watch them anytime I choose and actually see "every" episode. If you haven't seen these yet, they are well worth the watch and the purchase. I suggest you buy the DVD's so that you and future generations can enjoy a fun filled, clean, and wonderful British Comedy.

Other British Sitcoms I enjoy and that I would suggest checking out...

Keeping up Appearances, Open All Hours, The Vicar of Dibley, Waiting for God, As Time Goes By, and Fawlty Towers
  • Another poster here managed to remember in more detail than I probably could had I seen an episode yesterday, but I shall strive to provide you my opinion with the fuzzy memory that serves me still.

Let me start by saying that as an avid fan of British comedies for as far back as I can remember, 'Are you being served?' counts to me as one of the best ever created.

As a young child, I would sneak from my room late at night to enjoy the ribald comedy of Benny Hill, then later in life the silliness of Monty Python and then even later, the more serious humor of Good neighbors and butterflies.

Are you being served is by far one of the funniest overall continued series that I've ever seen, whether it's American or British, mostly due to the nature of the characters and the unique situation in which they all work. The one liners and the double entendres help to make this better than most other shows of it's time and even now.

If you've never seen this series, give a few of them a try and I'm sure that you'll fall instantly in love as I did.
  • And this show goes to prove that. Now you know that a sitcom is bound to have a fair share of oddball characters. This one has plenty of them. Enter, the staff of Great Britain's "Grace Brother's" Department store--perhaps the wackiest lot on the isle. Grace Brothers spares no expense to bring you goofy promotions, mucked-up display units, and bizarre situations. Then there are the employees--they aren't as normal as they seem either. For example there's the aloof Captain Peacock, who has quite the practice on the side-often with secretaries. Then there is Mrs. Slocomb, senior saleswoman, who has a cat, which she refers to constantly by another name. Mr. Humphreys, by most accounts swings two directions. The dopey Mr. Rumbold and Young Mr. Grace, who run the company spend more time in confusion than any real managment work. Other odd birds like stocky Mr. Tebbs, insinuating Mr. Maash, cockney-ditz Miss Brahams, cranky Mr. Grainger, jolly Mr. Harmon, and the ever nasty canteen manageress. These characters manage to get themselves into ever oddball situation percievable with humor that is comparable to All in the Family, and The Mary Tyler Moore Show. A definite A+. So serve yourself...Grace Brothers is waiting...just beware of the disply units bearing steel wool...
    What makes this better than most modern britcoms is that it isn't so obsessed with good camera-work, graphics and movie style acting that really adds nothing to the humour itself. The style and culture involved reflects upper class British culture of the 1900s with hilarious, though now far outdated, satire on the British cast system. With an amusing cast of workers in the womens and mens departments at Grace Bros comes with it characters that have become stereotypes more than they poked fun at the original inspiration. The jokes, however repetitive, don't tire, more they relax, and it is easy to see why so much references to this show have been made. I would tell recommend it to anyone interested in 1900s culture, and it is an important part of television history, as are many 70s comedies. The simple theme intro with a equally simple guitar tune is quite interesting. Most humour is taken from outrageous costumes, hilarious backfirings of 'schemes' and devices and the coming together of all the workers despite their differences to fight longer working hours, bad meals, and other such conditions. The funniest jokes are when casts collide, often upsetting a high set person or upraising a lower one. All in all a brilliant comedy, well worth watching repeats of.
  • Are you being served? Is in my opinion, the best comedy to come out of England from the 1970's. Even as a little girl, when I first started watching the comedy on Public Broadcasting, I found humor in the zany quirks and could relate to each one in a different way.
  • Last night I was flipping through the channels on my television,and I was just about to give up on watching anything and I saw this show on PBS.Now,of course, me not knowing what it was I was ever so anxious to check it out.And oh my goodness was it funny!

The series deals with the fights and competition between two store departments(men's and women's clothing).They're all very hilarious characters and I fell in love with them. You'll laugh out loud non stop through out the entire thing.Its especially funny when Mr.Humphries answers the phone in a deep men's tone, then goes back to his original sqeaky voice.

Apart from all the fighting and mean jokes about one another,there's still that close bond that you can kind of sense about them.

This series is so hilariously delightful your sure to love it, you can catch it on PBS at 10:00-11:00 I believe. It's great laughs.
  • A lot of people like my dad for example think that AYBS is a load of bollocks but quite frankly I disagree. I admit thought that a lot of it is quite corny but Jimmy Perry & David Croft had a way of making these old jokes very amusing. It also like Dad's Army, It Ain't Half Hot mum, Hi-De-Hi and other work by Perry and Croft always had the right atmosphere. It was amusing, pleasent and very sarcastic. The perfect atmosphere for a comedy classic. My favourite character has to be pompous, nose in the air floorwalker Captain Peacock. Reason is that he's the most amusing of the lot, probably the most intellegent and also the way he is tight about his money I think is hilarious. Also Mr Humphries I think is very amusing the he walks, talks and makes jokes not even knowing that he's done it. So like I said at the beginning a very amusing piece of work that is liked, like all Perry & Croft sitcoms, by all ages and will be for much time to come.
  • studioAT17 December 2010
    Are You Being Served is one of the best sitcoms of all time. From fabulous actors to the great lines each series of this show has at least one magic moment.

It's pure pantomime humour that can be enjoyed by the whole family and it is because of this that the show is timeless.

The catchphrases come thick and fast and the exploits of Mr Humphries and co continue to bring smiles to peoples faces across the world.

It was about the sixth series when this show started to fade with the numerous cast changes not helping. The major loss was Trevor Bannister as Mr Lucas who was just fantastic in this show. After he left the show began to sink.

Overall a great show that is well worth watching.
  • This is my favorite comedy series ever made. Set in '70s to '80s London in an old-style department store in the Ladies and Gents department it offers a unique atmosphere (especially to Americans). The characters are hilarious and never grow dramatic (as happens to some long-running comedies). It's one of those shows where you can watch an episode multiple times and still find it funny. Occasionally they reused jokes but it was done to show character and never too often as to wear it out (you'll laugh when Mrs. Slocombe talks about her 'pussy'). A great comedy that I recommend.
  • Hallie-425 September 1999
    I must have seen each episode of this show five or ten times but I will keep watching it every chance I get! It's a HILARIOUS ensemble comedy with a rich amalgamation of characters and the most oddball situations. I love this show.
    Twenty five years ago, a former roommate (who was from London) introduced me to this classic British sitcom which he happened to discover was on PBS. Being in customer service at the time, I loved its sometimes acidic view of life behind the counter. It was also a crash course in British slang which became a part of my lingo and over the years has made me seem a bit of an eccentric. The regular characters here were certainly all a bit eccentric, but in quite different ways. From store owner Young Mr. Grace (the delightfully adorable and seemingly much older Harold Bennett) all the way down to the cockney handymen who were constantly being ordered off the floor by the imperious Captain Peacock, resulting in a delightful insult at his expense, these characters became a part of my TV history memories, as memorable to me as Lucy and Ethel, Laverne and Shirley, all the Golden Girls & Designing Women, and many, many others.

The heart and soul of the show and oft' scene stealers were Mollie Sugden's Mrs. Betty Slocum, the "Get Stuffed!" spouting senior clerk "for the ladies' department" who was always complaining about something in regards to her "cat" (utilizing a word which gave quite a different impression of what she was talking about) and John Inman's very gay Mr. Humphries who would answer the phone in a very butch manner ("Men's Wear") then respond to Captain Peacock's "Are You Free?" with a very high pitched "I'm Free!". The characters argued quite a bit as most co-workers who work together for a long time do, but it is obvious that they couldn't imagine working with anybody else. Wendy Richard's Miss Brahams is a "dead common" working class girl anxious to be a little more high class, but when she took elocution lessons, she ended up sounding like she was making fun of an upper class customer. Mr. Lucas over in Men's Wear had fun flirting with Miss Brahams in a very un-PC way and insulting Mrs. Slocum in an even more delicious manner. The gay references from the other characters towards Mr. Humphreys were never homophobic, and came off often as endearing like a friendly little slap on the butt rather than something you'd compare to a hate crime.

Then, there was "Jug Ears", Mr. Rumbolt, the prim and proper department manager who often got confused as to the on floor misunderstandings and usually made it out to be something more than it was. Trying to be a peacemaker, he usually ended up causing more trouble. Then, when Mr. Grace made suggestions for the department, "Jug Ears" would turn the suggestion into a big production which usually put the staff in campy costumes and over the top situations that kept the audiences in stitches. One example was a store commercial with Mrs. Slocum wearing over-sized eye lashes that kept getting stuck and Mr. Rumbolt wearing the wrong wig which seemed more appropriate for Liza Minnelli than the character he was playing. The show did utilize American references so that when it did come to American T.V., it ended up being as acceptable to them as it was to the BBC audiences.

Replacements for various actors were necessary (usually due to the older cast member's sudden deaths) but they weren't as successful as the original. "Old Mr. Grace" didn't have the cute quality of "Young Mr. Grace", and Mr. Spooner just seemed a pale imitation of Trevor Bannister's Mr. Lucas. Fortunately, the majority of the cast remained the same and the quality of the writing never changed its patterns. 40 years later, the series is as fresh as ever and proves to us American audiences that the humor of the British doesn't have to be droll or "stiff upper lip" and that they can get as down and dirty (in fact even dirtier) than the unfortunate political correctness of American TV has taken over the years. Censorship didn't stop this show from being delightfully witty and even with its slightly obscene insinuations, there is absolutely nothing to offend anybody.