User Reviews (18)

• The dynamic duo strikes again, in one of their funniest adventures! Matt Kirby (Terence Hill) and Wilbur Walsh (Bud Spencer) are two small-time crooks whose path will cross, and lead them into an unsuspecting Police Academy. Now, armed and driving recklessly Miami's Police vehicles, they'll thwart a gang's plan led by gruesome harbor workers, their evil boss, two stunning and manipulative blondes and their intellectually challenged butler...

Bar fights, bowling fights, open-air fights, all the staples from the great silly Italian comedies are here, with all the heart you can expect from our heroes Spencer & Hill. Not to mention the theme music, which became an instant classic, as well as the whole movie. A must-see in that genre.
  • This movie has to be one of the best slap-stick comedies EVER made!Heres the plot: Two guys named Matt Kirby ( Terence Hill ) and Wilbur Walsh( Bud Spencer )are sick of having no work which means no money so they decide to rob a super market. When they are ready they go around the back of the building, jump in, and its a police recruitment office...not good! So they become cops. They hate being police so they decide to really mess thing up, like arresting the Leiutenant Govenor, but they are still with the police because the Captain of police( David Huddleston ) likes Matt and Wilbur, every time they "MESS UP" they help solve a case or prevent robberies and fights!

My favorite scene is when Bud Spencer destroys some guys car and then says "Have a nice day!" Excellent, 8/10

If you liked this movie, i suggest " Watch Out were Mad" and "They call me Trinity"
  • I grew up with them, here in Germqany their films are extremely popular. Now that I'm a grown-up, of course I must admit that most of their films are pretty silly, yet still they had an effect on me and influenced my preferences. This one is definitely the best one of them. Its slapstick humor is brilliant and the story is silly but absolutely hilarious. But the best thing about the film is the music. The moment you start whistling it, everybody knows exactly where it comes from. Genius! Even aspects like photography and set decoration are very convincing in this one, you find some beautiful pictures and scenes in it. So it's still a classic simple slapstick-buddy-movie, but a very special one: Their best one! It's a hell of fun to watch it!
  • This is an enjoyable entertaining juvenile for Terence Hill and Bud Spencer buffs , as they are delightful . Our friends (Hill and Spencer) , now sea-workers but without employment decide to carry a hold up , but they finish attempting to heist a precinct . It goes wrong and then they enlist as policemen under orders to a stiff police chief (David Huddleston). Meanwhile , they will confront a gangster and help a gorgeous Oriental girl (Laura Gemser).

This fun picture packs action , fist-play , slapdash , humor with tongue-and-cheek and is quite amusing . This entertaining , engaging movie is crammed with chases , fist-fights , punches , kicks, slapstick , overwhelming stunt-work and lots of humor . The film isn't always good , sometimes is fresh and diverting and on a couple of memorable occasions , it's frankly delicious . The formula of Spaghetti western with humor as ¨they call me Trinity¨ and ¨Trinity is is still my name¨ ,one time run out is transfered other sub-genres as far adventures , action or police-action . Thus , the comedy and laughters are varied and the chuckles are based on diverse personalities and physical differences of the starring . Terence Hill is likable , hilarious and agreeable ; Bud Spencer is his bouncing , muscular pal and although he's always angry he has nice feeling . The comedy is narrated through numerous struggles developed in a Bar (where Hill simulates to be a cripple and Spencer a deaf-mute) , at a Stadium and a Bowl . Fights are light by means of punch and bound and leaps , neither blood , no gore . The plot is plain and simple although sometimes is absurd and ridiculous but has its moments here and there . Plus , there appears the attractive Laura Gemser (Black Enmmanuel) .

This movie along with ¨Miami Supercops¨ and ¨Superfuzz¨ belongs to the trilogy which both of them made in Miami as policemen and directed by brothers Sergio and Bruno Corbucci ; besides the score music was composed by Guido and Mauricio de Angelis and the Bionda . The motion picture was regularly directed by Enzo Barboni or E.B.Clucher , the same of Trinity series . Clucher was a notorious cameraman including classic Spaghetti Western (Django , Goobye Texas , Hellbenders), but with the hit of ¨Trinity is my name¨ left it and turned to film-making, and directed the following ¨Trinity is still my name¨ and the third outing ¨Trinity and Bambino, the legend lives on¨; plus , other Hill and Spencer vehicles . Rating : average but entertaining.
  • Terrence Hill & Bud Spencer are a wonderful comedy team! They first gave us the "Trinity Boys" spaghetti-western spoofs and now are two cops transferred to Miami to bust up a smuggling ring.

Lots of action, some priceless slapstick moments (especially the fight in a a bowling alley) and the usual great camraderie between Hill & Spencer make for a fast-paced and very entertaining movie.
  • This, along with "Odds and Evens" are easily Bud and Terence's best movies along their "Trinity" stuff released in the early 70's. This, along with "All The Way, Boys!" and "Odds and Evens" was my first movie ever watched with them, and after all these years, I still can't get enough of it! Superb acting by the duo, in their own lovely style! The storyline here is slightly stronger here than on later movies too. Some flaws are present though; this one is a bit long, and drags abit, but otherwise a really excellent movie!

Pros:

Great acting and memorable quotes. Lot's of fight scenes in the usual Spencer/Hill style! Good storyline.

Cons:

A bit long, though a great movie nevertheless!
  • Just go watch that movie. It has the best opening scene a movie ever had. It is funny, it is entertaining, it is full of action... It is BUD SPENCER and TERENCE HILL !!!
  • The absolutely best thing in this film is that it does not ask you much to enjoy it. Only excuse you have to make is that it contains unrealistic fist fighting and the film is therefore pretty violent though nobody gets hurt. It's like grown up men pretending to be again ten year old boys.

The film does not contain dull moments: Bud Spencer never smiles nor frowns even if the baddies punch him and Terence Hill has always that trademark boyish grim on his face. Quite unrealistic is that the heroes "accidentally" join police force and beat the bad guys with ridiculous tricks, but you can't consider anything too critically as you'd only lose the true essence of this hilarious comedy. If you have never before watched Spencer & Hill films this is a good one to start with.
  • This movie is tons of fun. Spencer and Hill meet each other in the harbor while looking for work. They decide to rob a store, and see two cops in there. They tell the cops that they want to be cops as well. Afterwards, they run into a police station and tell them again that they want to be cops. So they get hired.

My favorite bad guy is the Indian chief sitting on the hood of the pickup truck. The football fighting scene was a riot as well. The whole thing is filled with laughs, and is one of my favorite Spencer and Hill movies.

Watch it when you have some free time, or when you are in a bad mood. It will cheer you up.
    The thin and fat comedy duo is as old as time itself and you have them almost all over the world. Here we get the Italian version, although the setting is supposedly Miami.

I loved the teaming of Bud Spencer and Terence when I was a kid and this is definitely one of their best offerings. It helps that their comedy is of the slapstick variety because the dialog is not one of the teams best friends.

The plot is pretty outrageous. Terence and Bud are recruited unwillingly as police officers when they accidentally walk into a police station, trying to rob it. The captain of the precinct is played by David Huddleston, who I didn't know was an American until I saw him in the western Rio Lobo with John Wayne. He plays the screaming police comical captain really well but the movie squarely belongs to Bud and Terence.

There is a rather boring subplot about a woman played by the Asian Emmanuelle but luckily the emphasis is on slapstick fights. It almost amused me to no end that Bud and Terence's opponents almost enjoyed getting thrashed. They try again and again and are always thoroughly beaten up (no blood, though).

The team was in almost 20 films together but this is definitely one of the better ones.
  • gridoon29 December 2003
    Silly slapstick comedy is both sluggish and childish (let's just say that it's less realistic than the average "Police Academy" sequel), but Terence Hill, with his acrobatic skills and use of everyday objects in the fight scenes, comes through as a somewhat slower version of Jackie Chan, and Bud Spencer's reactions and mutterings earn some laughs. (**)
  • richardjp-172252 April 2018
    I remember watching this one for the first time at a church youth group activity in 1985. We had a large group of us sitting on the floor in the lounge viewing it and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I still enjoyed watching it this time around too, although there are just way too many remarkable coincidences, which seemed completely unnecessary to me, but what the hey, you have to suspend disbelief in a Spencer/Hill movie anyway.

In this movie our duo are a couple of small time criminals who when attempting to commit a robbery end up unintentionally enlisting in the police force and once there, attempt to do everything wrong so they will get fired. However no matter what they do, they end up commended for it.

The highlight for me was the final showdown at the bowling alley.
    CRIME BUSTERS is another amiable pairing for those two giants of Italian comedy action, Terence Hill and Bud Spencer. This was once again filmed in Florida, like so many other of their adventures, and sees them playing a couple of low-rent crooks who through a series of bizarre misadventures end up becoming cops and going around on motorbike patrol, tackling bad guys at every turn.

Any fan of the comedy duo will know what to expect from this movie. There's a lot of character humour, mostly at Bud Spencer's expense, and the vestiges of a plot here and there to tie together what is in essence a string of action set-pieces. There's a notable amount of action in this one, kicking off right at the outset, with chases and sprawling fights dotted throughout. The fight in the bowling alley and the bit in the cafe where the guys pretend to be disabled are the highlights for me. Luciano Catenacci has a nice turn as the gang leader.
  • Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer made it big on the American screen with their performances as Trinity and Bambino in the two popular spaghetti westerns in the early Seventies. Unfortunately their other comic adventure movies never seemed to go over big on this side of the pond. I only discovered Mr. Hill and Mr. Spencer other film work when I was working overseas in Saudi Arabia. I have recently been watching more of their movies that are available on youtube and are dubbed in English. "Crime Busters" is one of the very best. The violence is very much in the vein of the Three Stooges and the Marx Brothers; slapstick all the way and without any blood. I highly recommend this film top my fellow Americans who may not be aware of the marvelous movies of these two Italian actors: Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer.
  • Matt Kirby and Wilbur Walsh meet each other when looking for a job in a harbor. They are both rejected in a rude way. This leads to the first slapstick fightscene.

Because they still don't have a job they decide to go for the quick money by robbing a supermarket. In a snackbar they meet two cops. Just for fun Matt and Wilbur tell that they want to be a cop. By mistake they run into a policestation when intending to rob the supermarket. The same two cops are there and get Matt and Wilbur a job by the police. Being a cop they meet al sorts of criminals, but when they are never fighting when they are in their uniform.

The red line in the movie is a man from Shanghai. First Matt meets him in the harbor, later they run into him when being a cop. Then they accidently meet his family, and at the end they solve a case where he was part of.

It's an easy to watch and funny movie, just for a rainy sunday afternoon.
  • Matt Kirby and Wilbur Walsh meet each other when looking for a job in a harbor. They are both rejected in a rude way. This leads to the first slapstick action.

Because they still don't have a job they decide to go for the quick money by robbing a supermarket. In a snack-bar they meet two cops. Just for fun Matt and Wilbur tell that they want to be a cop. By mistake they run into a police station when intending to rob the supermarket. The same two cops are there and get Matt and Wilbur a job by the police. Being a cop they meet al sorts of criminals, but when they are never fighting when they are in their uniform.

It's an easy to watch and funny movie, just for a rainy sunday afternoon.
    It's like a pulp novel; cheap, short, and droll. I loved the simple plot, the non-stop comic situations, and the funny fistfights.

The English dubbed version was close to perfect. Originally, I didn't know that the 2 lead actors were dubbed, unless I visited IMDb after watching the movie!

However, 2 factors stand alone. Firstly, the scene in the stadium which looked big and distinct. And secondly, Mr. Bud Spencer. That guy can steal the camera by just raising an eyebrow, or smiling wrathfully. Without saying anything, he owns the scene. This is a gift a few actors have. Actually this round he left nothing to his fellow Terence Hill.

As for the "I hated" category. There was some clear artistic poorness. I impute that to the lazy direction and the nearly destitute production. For instance, look at the first scenes in the wharf; all of Spencer's fights, Hill's fights, and else are shot from the same angle, by one camera, and in more or less the same place! Add to that, how the movie lacks any explosion, any car chase, and any satisfying climax; that final fistfight is truly disappointing and leaves you hungry for more!

I deemed the matter of running into 2 crutches in the bar so forced. The writing there was too sluggish to tighten the next situation, of punks fighting the leads as handicapped, in less fabricated way. You can say "forced" again about the 2 girls dinner scene; since no one wears swimsuit indoors!

In terms of badness, or in fact poorness, I hated Hated HATED the music score. This movie had only one piece of music, used it sickeningly time after time after time after time, pushing you to scream even after the movie ended where it would haunt you insistently!

All in all, this is a Bud Spencer movie. He ate up everyone and everything in it. This proves that having him alone guarantees being so watchable. Sorry Hill, nothing personal!
  • Dabbling into the Terence Hill and Bud Spencer (who just passed away June 2016) buddy action- comedy phenomenon flourished in the 70s, today's audience nonetheless may find it too generic and languid to pass over as an adequate divertissement.

CRIME BUSTERS is the eleventh collaboration of the duo, honestly, their chemistry has been honed up to a certain winning template: Hill is the blond, handsome, lean and wide-eyed pretty boy type whereas Spencer is the taciturn, burly, tough heavy whom you don't want to rub up in the wrong way.

In Miami, Wilbur (Spencer) and Matt (Hill) are two unemployed longshoremen whose slipshod supermarket-robbery plan implausibly forces them into joining the police department's training program and becoming "crime busters" themselves! Matt wins the trust of their supervisor Captain McBride (Huddleston), who deems Wilbur as a lumpen maverick who persistently refuse to shave his beard. Fistfight set pieces are moderately interlaced into the clunky narrative, but they are borderline somnolent and repetitive. The subplot introducing a presumed Chinese family (what they blabber is neither Mandarin nor Cantonese) is exotica for its own sake. A trenchant testimony that 70s is a purgatory of atrocious exploitation and typecast for womenfolk in film industry, through a wooden Laura Gemser as Susy Lee, and two blatantly voluptuous and outrageously histrionic seductresses Galina (Flanter) and Angie (Clough).

CRIME BUSTERS is a lowbrow fare with no higher aims apart from its crude slapstick antics, it makes one wonder whether the duo is merely a one-trick-pony keeps churning out their products before their luck runs out, unfortunately, one needs much more than that fillip to give a second try, not in my foreseeable future, to say the very least.