User Reviews (400)

• How do I start? I love this film! It has a great plot line and incredible music. It is a fun musical that makes you want to get up and dance.

Grease is the story of Danny Zucko and Sandy Olsen (or Dumbruski) two high school seniors who fall in love over the summer. They have a wonderful summer together and are sad to see it end. The first day of school arrives and little does Danny know him and Sandy would soon be reunited. But Sandy is shocked to find the nice guy she meet at the beach is the leader of a greaser gang called 'The T'birds' Meanwhile Sandy is trying to fit in with her new "friends" the T'birds female counterparts The Pink Ladies. Will Sandy and Danny ever be together again? Along with this plot comes song that will be stuck in your head for centuries. Such songs include Summer Nights, Beauty School Dropout and the now famous song Greased Lightining. Grease is a timeless classic that will have you singing and dancing by the end of the movie.
  • Although it is old, Grease is still loved and watching by adults and children alike. Once you watch Grease you just want to get up and dance! Grease is the story of bad-boy Danny and good-girl Sandy meeting each other over summer break then happen to returning to the same school. There's a great mix of kids, they all are very different and have one thing that separates them very much from each other. There's a great mix of songs too; slow and very fast. Also, the dancing is amazing. The end also blows your mind and just makes you so astonished, but in such a good way. The up-beat fun never stops and makes you want to watch the movie again and again. Grease is a definite must see for everyone!
  • Sandy and Danny, their names alone mean nothing, together they represent the film we all know and love that brought us 'Summer Nights' and 'Greased Lightnin'. Grease is an infamous musical-play turned film, adapted and produced by Allan Carr, chartering the summertastic rock 'n' roll of the 1950s, centring on the highs and lows of a group of teenagers at high-school, Rydell High.

The film begins with two people having a summer romance, Sandy (Newton-John) an uptight, naïve, nerdy Australian girl and Danny (Travolta), a 'jack-the-lad' 'T' bird. After the opening credits which are amusing cartoons of the main characters we see the two well known groups of teenagers, the Pink Ladies and the 'T' Birds going back to school after summer vacation. The rest of the film centres mostly on the relationship of Sandy and Danny, the problems they face, and the ups and downs of their high school chums. The main characters and the unusual pairing of Sandy and Danny makes for comfortable viewing.

My favourite part of the film is the music, this film has such a brilliant soundtrack. If you have the chance to watch the film on DVD you get the added bonus of a songbook. However with a musical film you do find some parts unrealistic when they sing, why would a group of lads sing Summer Nights for example? Yet that aside the songs, mostly corny love songs are addictive and easy to pick up unfortunately will be in your head all day. Grease may not have had a lavish budget like films made today, but this 1978 film directed by Randal Kleiser still manages to have great audience appeal. Its' scenes and costumes are basic and probably didn't break the bank to produce but this all adds to the realism of the film.

I like the film and could watch it over and over again. Newton-John's debut performance is excellent but her character Sandy is too 2D and has no depth. Travolta's performance is to perfection and this film benchmarked his film career. Danny is 3D, he can be loving, self obsessed, a saviour and a winner, whereas Sandy to me is just a bore. All characters bring something different to the film making it a success. Rizzo is the hard nosed cow, bitchy about Sandy, possibly jealous, who seeks revenge on her boyfriend by going out with his arch enemy. There is also Marcy who loves the men and has lots of boyfriends, and Frenchy who becomes Sandy's best friend who is caring.

This uplifting, audience grabbing film may be slightly cheesy but there is just so much to love about it, especially the soundtrack and dance moves! This gives it longevity making it such a great film that could be the best musical ever made. This classic film deserves a 5/5 just for being groovy! But I just can't stop thinking why is it called Grease?!
  • Since I am still just a teen, I know that many others might say I am not one to criticize a movie, and in most cases I might disagree, but with this movie... what is there to criticize? The atmosphere of the movie, the charisma of the actors, the addiction to the awesome songs in it, even the what could have been outdated costumes instantly became a Halloween fave... I myself dressed up as "new" Sandy when I was little... and I still wish I could have been in the movie. I admit, the sequel to it seemed horrible to me after watching the original, and I wished they had kept all of the original actors, and well, not tried to even make the sequel, but, well a movie like that can only be made once I suppose. Anyways, I just want to give my props and admiration to all of the directors, actors, and others who helped with this movie, (being an ITS member myself and LOVING acting) I think that anyone who has not seen this movie needs to go right to the store and find it.... otherwise they really missed out. :)Thanks for reading this, hope you agree!
  • GREASE (1978) **** John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, Jeff Conaway, Stockard Channing, Dinah Manoff, Eve Arden, Sid Caesar, Edd `Kookie' Byrnes, ShaNaNa, Frankie Avalon, Joan Blondell, Ellen Travolta, Eddie Deezen, Lorenzo Lamas. One of the best Broadway musicals ever adapted for the big screen largely thanks to producer Allan Carr and director Randal Kleiser set at Rydell High circa 1950s with Travolta (in his other iconic role) as leather jacket wearing, hunky hood with a heart-of-gold Danny Zuko recalling his `Summer Nights' with Aussie sexpot Newton-John (in her sunny to sultry iconic turn) as goody-goody Sandy who learns some things from The Pink Ladies' tough yet tender leader Rizzo (Channing, ditto). Good old fashioned knuckle-headed comedy and toe-tapping tunes that will have you dancing and singing along to `Greased Lightning' (imagine Elvis doing this!) , the dance contest's hyper-paced `Hand Jive' sequence and the closer `We Go Together'. Title tune by Franki Valli. A film I've seen probably a hundred times and never tire of.
  • grrracie_girl7 October 2004
    This play turned movie is one my favorites. It has mostly anything you could ask for. Being a romance, comedy, musical and so much more, makes it unique. John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, Stockard Channing, Didi Cohn, Jeff Conaway and so many more make this an all-star hit. This movie well illustrates what the 50s was all about. I must say, anyone who thinks its ovverrated or anything else bad must've not really thought and seen how amazing this classic is. I will keep and treasure my 20th anniversary DVD to share with my children, my children's children, and so on. The vocals in this film are outstanding, with the breath-taking voice of Olivia Newton-John, and John Travolta's rock numbers. Its a timeless hit that will have people enjoying it throughout the ages.
    Grease definitely has a fun energy to it, and all of the cast has great chemistry. That's the main reason that this film, despite being nearly 30 years old and set 20 years earlier than that, still manages to appeal to young people of today who laugh and have fun with it, and of course, sing those timeless songs. So hats off to Grease for that.

Now that being said: the movie is incredibly stupid! It's basically a 90 minute episode of Happy Days or Saved By the Bell in which we follow various plot lines in a high school, strung together by the fun songs. We're treated to such stupid dialog as: "This year, I don't take no crap from nobody." "Yes, ma'am. No, ma'am." "Hey, it's Eugene!"

In one plot line, Frenchy (who's a memorable character but dumber than a bag of nails) becomes a beauty school drop out. However, aside from being an excuse for Frankie Avalon to sing that song, the plot line goes nowhere and she still magically graduates high school along side everyone else. Who knew it was so easy to drop out and get back in?

But then there's the main plot line: two youths named Danny and Sandy fall in love one summer, which is just fine in the real world, but once back in high school, they realize they're in different social cliques; he's a greaser and she's a goody-goody. Throughout the school year their relationship takes several turns, before arriving at an absurd ending in which all problems are magically solved by Sandy getting a makeover and becoming "cool." The message here is so superficial that it's actually funny: "Give in to peer pressure and be whatever kind of person you need to be to make your boyfriend or girlfriend happy." Considering Sandy has been celibate through all of the movie till now, I think it's implied Danny will get a nice surprise that night; a message to give to young girls, ha ha.

So, to wrap up this little review, Grease certainly has its moments, and IS a well-made movie musical, or else it wouldn't have the audience it does. It's a feel-good movie; it just has zero substance.
  • John Travolta and Olivia-Newton-John lead a terrific ensemble cast. Some critics called the sets "cheap" and the story "childish" but the movie-going public knew better. Severely cleaned up from the Broadway Musical Version, it boasts several songs custom-written for ONJ by her favorite tunesmith, John Farrar. Great personalities from the old 1950's include Eve Arden, Sid Caesar, Edd Byrnes, Frankie Avalon, and Joan Blondell. "Title opening song sung by Frankie Vallie. The Greasers and their gals were not as clean-cut in real life as they are portrayed in this film. I remember "rumbles" with knives, but in those days, nobody ever brought guns to school. A stinging parody of "American Grandstand and Dick Clark" tops off the program with "Sha-Na-Na" singing their hearts out on glorious black and white TV. The "graduation carnival" ending is really well-done. Yes, OLJ was sewed "into her pants" when she "comes out as a Greaser" in the song "You'll the One That I Want". The songs "I'm Sandra Dee", "Greased Lightnin" and "Hand Jive" are often edited for content and lyrics on broadcast TV and cable. Everything looks "real" to me, even the "chessy" food commercials at the drive-in. Some outstanding choreography in the dance numbers. The fantasy ending is fun, also. The yearbook cover doesn't match the closing titles! Otherwise, it's pure joy after 40+ years! Unsurpassed!
  • frankwhat13 September 2004
    I hated this movie when I was a teenager and I'm so pissed at myself because of that. Looking at this movie now in my 20's I can appreciate what a fun-loving view of life this provides. All the songs are of at least decent quality but three of them in particular are just amazing. This is hands down one of the better musicals out there. The choreography can't be more well done than shown here. It's funny because I liked "Saturday Night Fever" better when I was younger but now I don't care for that movie and the exact opposite happened with this one...go figure. Olivia Newton-John is just gorgeous, why she didn't star in many movies afterward I'll never understand and god what a voice!!! John Travolta was great, and everyone else (especially Stockard Channing) were all fabulous. Oh and if you ever go to a Karaoke night make sure you do the "Grease Megamix" sometime throughout the night as it'll get the crowd pumped guaranteed.

Final Synopsis:

Movies : I did see this when I was in high school because it was re-released in the late 90's in theaters but stupid macho me back then didn't care for it. This is one you can view easily on the silver screen and enjoy it just as much for a lot cheaper.

DVD Purchase : Couldn't resist for only $9.

Rental : This could easily be a once a year habit.
    Grease is the word. There are many musicals in the world but not one compare to the musical that is Grease. You have the T-birds and the Pink Ladies and new incomer Sandy Olsson, who overall take the story through twists and turns. Good girl Sandy and Greaser Danny must make life-changing decisions on whether being who they are now is worth loosing the one they most care about.

Like most musicals, Grease tells their audience the story through song engaging the audience. With the song "Summer Nights" we are introduced into the background information on how exactly Sandy and Danny met during the summer. With the two stories not adding up we get a feel on the personalities of bad boy Danny and sweet and innocent Sandy. After running into each other at a pep rally for the football team, Sandy runs off crying after being humiliated by the bad boy Danny in front of his fellow T-birds and Pink Ladies. Throughout the story we see the numerous attempts by both Danny and Sandy to show one another whether it be changing from a leather jacket to a letterman jacket or dating a jock in attempts to make him jealous. Through "Hopelessly Devoted to You" and " Sandy" the couple show that no matter what they are going through now they cant and wont stop loving each other.

While the Danny and Sandy are trying to make things work, Danny's second in command Kenickie is out to beat T-birds rival gang The Scorpions in a race were they will be racing for ownership papers of the cars or what they call "Pinks". Though a series of unfortunate events and Kenickie is incapable of racing he asks his friend Danny to take his place. After winning the race and defeating their rivals we see that Sandy has been watching the race from afar. Asking Pink Ladies' Frenchy for a makeover we see that not only did Danny make the transition from leather jacket to letterman but also Sandy went from innocent to Pink Lady newcomer.

In the final scene Rydell High School has rewarded the graduating class with a senior carnival. Here we get the first look at new and improved Danny Zuko who has indeed traded in his T-bird jacket, but he isn't the only one who made a drastic change. After reassuring his fellow boys that this change in jackets didn't mean the end to their friendship, Danny is soon interrupted by the new Sandy Olsson. "You're The One That I Want" is the final song number the couple sing showing that they both changed their ways to be with each other and in the end it worked out for the best. The final number the T-birds and the Pink Ladies perform is the song, " We Go Together". This number gives the audience the final feel for the movie and the two groups of friends as they part ways.

Yes the movie isn't the most relevant and up to date movie, but it still has what it takes to be a classic. With the love story that Grease takes us on, we take a trip when not just the girl has to change for the guy but also the guy goes through endless activities to be with his one true love. This movie is one you can't get tired of. The more you watch the more the songs stick with you and with the songs it just adds in to the affect that comes with watching Grease. Grease really and truly is the word. And it's a movie that is worthy enough to be considered a classic.
  • 1978's Grease, in many eyes, is a classic film. It is adored by all ages, and it seemingly passes down from generation to generation with love. This is one of the first movies I remember that have a sense of nostalgia. This movie plays well with the baby boomers because it hearkens back to the 1950's, when love was swamped in innocence. This movie got the feel of the 1950's correct, I have been told. The clothing, the background music, the charm, the acting, and the overall look of the movie. The actual songs are 1970's rock'n'roll style, and they are wonderful songs. The tone of the movie is upbeat, fun, and innocent. It may be somewhat predictable, but the movie itself was made well.

There are a variety of reasons why I enjoy this movie. From the interpretation of the 1950's lifestyle to the wonderful tunes to the themes of true love-all of it elevates this movie into 'classic' territory. However, I am irked by a few things though. Mainly the age of the cast. Don't get me wrong, I think the performances are wonderful, but I despise when movies cast people in their late 20's or early 30's to play teenagers. Now some films can get away with it, but not Grease. You can tell that the people in the cast are not teenagers. Check out these ages at the time of movie release. John Travolta was 24, Olivia Newton-John was 30, and Stockard Channing was 34!!! But who am I to complain. This movie gave Travolta and Newton-John the career boost they needed.

As for the story, it's nothing new. The story is one that has been told to death, but it is all about how a story is told that can make or break a movie. This love story was told with a passion thanks to the high-spirited screenplay from Bronte Woodard and the energizing direction from Randall Kleiser. This musical starts off at a California beach in 1959. Complete opposite personalities have fallen in love. Greaser Danny Zuko (John Travolta) and an Australian chick Sandy Olsson (Olivia-Newton John). After a summer romance expecting not to see each other again, both of them attend Rydell High unbeknownst to each other. They do their own things at first. Danny is a leader of a gang of greasers called the T-Birds and Sandy joins the Pink Ladies, led by the charming Rizzo (Stockard Channing). When they run in to each other for the first time, Sandy realizes Danny is a different man from the one she met at the beach. But will that stop her from getting back with Danny? Well, just watch the movie! Despite my concerns on the ages of the cast, I cannot deny how effective the performances are. In particular, John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. Travolta eventually became a major movie star, thanks to this movie. He knows how to sing and dance very well for an actor. It seems like he models his character off Elvis Presley. With the hairstyle and the black leather jacket, he seems to be Elvis-lite. He exerts fantastic chemistry with Olivia-Newton John. She also sang very well and her performance as the new girl in town is excellent. I liked the supporting cast very much. Stockard Channing did a solid job as the sex-happy leader of the Pink Ladies. Jeff Conaway as Danny's right-hand man, Kenickie. There are some veteran cast members who did a fine job particularly Eve Arden as Principal McGee and Sid Caesar as Coach Calhoun.

I was most impressed with Grease. I remember seeing it as a little kid and enjoying the music. But as a young adult, it resonates with me because it reminds me of my high school days. The music is great and most of these songs will stick in your brain for a lifetime. Such numbers to keep an eye out for are "Hopelessly Devoted To You," and "You're The One That I Want." The former song actually went on to be nominated for an Oscar. This film is all about song and dance. Two of my favorite sequences include the ballroom dance scene which was being filmed for national television and it features some slick dance moves. My other favorite scene is the ending dance sequence at the school's carnival. Very fun! On the whole, this film is upbeat, sweet, and a film to remember.

My Grade: A-
    Grease is a classic and a movie that never gets old! I think most people have seen it but just incase well it stars Olivia Newton John as Sandy Olsen who has come to Rydell High in California from Australia. She spent the summer with Danny Zuko played by John Travolta. The movie shows Danny trying to win back Sandy and the experience along the way with lots of colourful characters. It's a musical so there's lots of singing but the songs are fantastic. I think the dance scenes were choreographed really well and the actors perform so well. Especially John Travolta in the Greased Lightning routine. Great film and great soundtrack too!
  • No other musical beats this one! The cast is perfect, and it is very funny as well. Travolta is still a babe. Watching this movie, you will be singing the songs with everybody. Fun cast, great songs and appeal still make this a great film today. Grease is still the word!
  • Grease has to be the best musical off all the time. The wonderful actors and actress' give there characters all they've got and bring out a wonderful performance all the way through the movie especially John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, Stockard Channing and Didi Conn. And, who can forget the music. Absolutely amazing. It's no wonder that the Grease soundtrack in the best selling musical soundrack ever. (It sure is brilliant.) Grease really is the word. It's fantastic. 10/10
  • Despite what others say about it, I really do dig this movie. You can't fail to like the songs, especially Grease and Summer Nights. The characters will live on forever. I saw a reunion show on TV recently, and you can tell this movie was as much fun to watch as it was to make. A classic in all aspects!
  • "Grease" is one of those films that I can watch over and over--and I do. Set in the doo-wop fifties, it centers on a group of high school seniors who share the joys and concerns of all teenagers: dating, popularity, first love, the unknown future, fitting in, sexual awakening.

The two main characters, Danny (John Travolta) and Sandy (Olivia Newton-John) are the primary love story and the core of a great ensemble cast.

One of the best things about this film is the music--a string of sing-able fifties-inspired gems that entertain and advance the narrative.

There are also plenty of humor, fine dancing, and numerous references to fifties culture.

"Saturday Night Fever" put Travolta on the track to film stardom and "Grease" (released the following year) cemented his place among top cinema stars. Both films were co-produced by Robert Stigwood and their soundtracks (On RSO Records)made them huge successes in two genres.

"Grease" is so dense with cultural references and appearances by 50s-era stars, that it takes multiple viewings to appreciate them all. Even Frankie Avalon drops in for a dreamy interlude.
  • Peach-215 December 1998
    I am a huge fan of Grease. I've seen the play and I've watched the movie at least 500 times. It captures everything high school is about. Even though it is set in the 50's, it seems to resonate even for today's generation. John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John are great in the movie as well as the rest of the cast. I met the girl of my dreams when I took her on a date to see the play, so this film has a special place in my heart.
  • The last REAL musical ever made. A timeless film that generations will love for ever. No other musical made since had can stand up to this type of quality. Though films such as Moulin Rouge and Chicago have been made since they are not the same type of musical as this. Greese is the last in the same category as the likes of 'On the Town', 'Hello Dolly', 'The Sound of Music', 'Kiss me Kate', 'Meet me in St Louis' etc. Grease encapsulates the change between era's of film/TV. This film will always remain as one of my all time favourites! Not only does the story line interest most generations but the music is catchy and helps tell the story. The scenes are spectacular, no film today actually uses entire casts to create a scene, we rely upon computer generated crowds and copies, and thankfully Grease has none.
    This is one of a number of movies I saw back when they were first released, misguidedly enjoyed at the time, and now find I have major issues with. I suppose it's a mildly entertaining movie of generally brainless drivel (50's greaser stereotype rebellion), with a few catchy tunes. If it was merely that, okay, but this film gives its viewers (especially teenage ones) ALL the worst possible messages.

The plot revolves around "young love" (?) as experienced by the pretty, innocent young Australian girl, Sandy (Olivia Newton-John) who has a summer romance with Danny (John Travolta). In the fall she discovers that they attend the same school, Rydell High, and that Danny is the leader of a greaser gang called the T birds. Their different attitudes naturally bring conflict into their (immature) relationship. Sandy finally becomes convinced that she must turn herself into a tart in order to keep her man, and proceeds to do precisely that.

First, a few compliments to the movie. I'm a big fan of Olivia Newton-John and her (earlier) music, think she's lovely in this picture and a lovely lady still. Also, John Travolta is a guy with charisma galore; I loved him in Saturday Night Fever. In terms of the music, my favorite piece is "Hopelessly Devoted to You", a beautiful romantic song that deserved its Oscar. (Too bad Sandy feels pressured to have sex with the guy she's "hopelessly devoted" to.) But that's just about where my compliments end, and my rating of 4 is mainly from a sense of nostalgia.

Wrong messages, where to begin? First of all, Danny is the leader of a gang, whose purpose is rebellion (as though teenagers needed any encouragement there, Ha, ha) Well, the gang isn't really violent, you say? Maybe not, but even the Pink Ladies, its female counterpart, is at best quite an established clique. Teenagers have enough trouble dealing with peer pressure both then and today. Did they really need a film encouraging them to alter their persona to fit in with the crowd?

Sandy begins smoking in order to feel accepted by the Pink Ladies and especially Danny. Way to go, Sandy. I don't even need to start mentioning all the negative aspects here.

But worst, absolute worst...the very obvious message to all teenage girls watching, that virginity is just plain unacceptable...you can't possibly expect to keep your man unless you dress provocatively and presumably deliver the goods as well. You know what, Sandy, you were fine just the way you were at the start...young, sweet, and innocent. If Danny doesn't like you that way, tough; let him look elsewhere. YOU keep your self respect, girl, and find some other guy who WILL appreciate you as you are and not expect anything from you you're not prepared to give.

Enough lecturing, except to conclude...Yes, Grease is the word all right, if you want to send a teenager all the wrong messages, that is.
  • mariuskleppe5 January 2014
    I'm not a very big fan of musicals, I'm more of an action-movie guy, but this one has somehow managed to become one of my favorite movies! The songs are catchy (even for a Heavy Metal fan like me!) and the feelgood mood is amazing here. The plot is pretty predictable, and you can guess how it all ends already after five minutes, but who cares? Cause the movie takes you there in a fantastic way! Travoltas acting is good and some of his facial-expressions are incredible. The 50s feel Grease have is also very good, and the characters in this movie are all likable. And the way Olivia Newton John looks in "You're The One That I Want" is incredible. That part makes the whole movie worth watching by itself. There are many other unforgettable moments to. Like "Greased Lightning" and much more. See this movie, even if you're not a big fan of the genre, you might end up liking it. Cause it got humor, songs, drama and heart. An absolute classic.
    Very possibly the most known musical of all time, Grease is a film that just blew up and knocked everyone out of the ball park with it's catchy tunes, sexy actors and just gave everyone a great time. I've watched this movie since I was a kid, I find it hard to believe that there isn't a person who doesn't at least know one song from this musical even if they hadn't seen it. But I just adored it, played it over and over again because of the songs. I thought the pink ladies were so cool and the T-Birds were so funny. Growing up and watching it again, it does have a different view than that of a child, but I think it holds up well and is still a ton of fun.

Danny, a greaser, is a member of the T-Birds who include Kenickie, Doody, Putzie and Sonny. Meanwhile, the Pink Ladies arrive, Rizzo, Frenchie, Jan and Marty. After her parents decided not to return to Australia, Sandy enrolls at Rydell and befriends Frenchy, who considers dropping out of school to become a beautician. Oblivious to each other's presence at school, Danny and Sandy tell the T-Birds and Pink Ladies their respective accounts of events during their brief romance. Learning Danny is Sandy's lover, Rizzo arranges for the two to reunite, but Danny is forced to maintain his bad boy attitude in front of his friends, upsetting Sandy. Now with their love on the rocks, these groups need to drop the attitude and just sing their problems away because "grease" is the word.

One of the most talked about scenario's is that Sandy supposedly has to change herself in order to be with Danny, enraging a lot of feminists. My look at it is that these two did genuinely love each other, while they shouldn't have cared so much about what their friends thought, they would be willing to do anything for each other in order to be a couple. You even see Danny dressed a little bit more preppy before he sees Sandy in her new transformation.

I love the energy that is put into this film, I think that's what makes it so special. Everyone just loves to dance and sing to this movie. How could you resist it? My favorite scene that still gives me chills and gets me up dancing is definitely the school dance scene. Between the dancing the music, then to add the jokes that were made on top of that with Kenickie lifting up the cheerleader's dress to just have fun since she's such a goodie-goodie, was just too funny. My only complaint being about this movie that I still don't get is that Danny starts dancing with Cha Cha when she pulls him away from Sandy, he just keeps going not even thinking about Sandy. One of the things I find so hilarious about this movie also is that the actors who all look like they're in their 30's are playing 17 year old's. But I digress; this movie still holds up today because it just brings a certain happiness to people. It's a wonderful film that anyone could find themselves dancing or singing too.

• bellabanana9320 October 2017
    I've been in love with this movie ever since the first time that I saw it over a decade ago. It was a great classic then, and it's still a great classic now. I have all of these songs on my Spotify playlist and for good reason as they never get old. The first song and Greased Lightning are my favorite songs of the show, but it is a hard choice since all of the songs are amazing.

This movie just makes me happy every time I watch it. I love the beginning scene with Danny and Sandy on the beach. I love how Sandy is introduced to the pink ladies. I love the ending of the movie and I love the sense of humor in the show. Sonny, Frenchy, and Rizzo are amazing supporting characters. No matter how sad I am- this movie puts a smile on my face. If you like musicals and romance movies, you are in for a treat.
  • Who doesn't like fun? Then, there is high school fun which no one can figure out either in that moment or later but it was fun never the less. Watching this movie brought back memories of just what happened in American high schools around the 50's and some. We are reminded of how much we knew and didn't know and the nagging thought decades later of how much more we could have done and didn't because we didn't know. The characters bring it all to life imitating what was going on at that time and making fun of it. The actors had a good time doing this movie making the viewers catch the afterglow of it all. Enjoy the songs which become not only memorable but sing-able too. Who hasn't sang at least one of them? Be honest here! When I heard they were going to do Grease 2, I couldn't wait only to watch it and realize that I should have waited. Very disappointing considering the first one and how high it left you when it ended. Good snack movie with a tasty drink...Grease is the word
  • Having seen this film I am of the opinion that it is one of the most over-rated films ever. Its basically juvenile piffle, a very weak story line is compounded by equally poor acting from the entire cast, this is a film that should never have got further than the cutting room floor.n The storyline has been done so many times and in the case of this film results in a truly awful film of epic proportions. As per usual, it aims to portray the American way of life as squeaky clean and the soundtrack is so poor, it beggars belief that the songs released into the pop charts fared so well. John Travolta proves once again what a one-dimensional actor he really is, whilst Olivia Newton John shows no ability whatsoever. I truly recommend anybody who has not yet watched this puerile trite not to bother
  • John-ITC18 March 2009
    Review

Title : Grease since : 1978 main act : John Travolta , Oliva Newton genre : romantic comedy musical. Character : Danny, Sandy When I was adolescent, accidentally I gained this movie. It released before I was even born. I will narrate about Grease's contents.

Oneday, Dany and Sandy meet on the beach in vacation, and they fall in love each other. but they should detach because a time was finish to travel. but Sandy transfered her school to his school by accidentally. however Sandy was too innocent and Dany was not good natured student. he'd must bluff because he is leader of Sunderbird (gang group) and she couldn't apprehend about that. finally he realized that The Thunderbird is not as important as her and he determined to change his temper. however she also thought about same thing. In graduation, she changed her attitude and wearing. and finish

Grease's point

You mustn't lose John Travolta's dance. I couldn't keep laughing while I watch the movie. this movie made John Travolta celebrity after that all of the movie with John used to succeed where ever and whenever. If you can afford to watching movie and if you want to find the movie for John Travolta, you'd better select "The fever of Satherday night." you also can see the John's dance skill.