User Reviews (56)

• I'm big on the older vampire films--Bela Lugosi, Frank Langella (although Gary Oldman was darned sexy). "Love at First Bite" was a brilliant spoof of the original Dracula. The update of Dracula in New York has been redone many times but not as well as this. Okay, it's a little dated with the disco vibe and the clothing, but George Hamilton's campy accent and deep Dracula gaze were perfect. The writer and George Hamilton had obviously studied the Bela Lugosi version carefully, and there are many references to famous lines, e.g., "I never drink...wine." Reviewers who knock this movie don't know the source material very well. Richard Benjamin, Artie Johnson, and Susan St. James were a great supporting cast.
    Sad to think of vampire movies that get over looked, one of the big ones' that is in my opinion one of the funniest movies you'll ever see is called Love at first Bite. The first time we wonder what would life be like for Dracula if he came into the present world and to take on one of the toughest cities: New York City. Sure, he's big time in Transylvania, but when it comes to America, he sure does loose his fang. George Hamilton does a terrific job playing a tan Dracula and you can tell he had so much fun getting into the role. He had such great comedic timing and really created this movie. Love at first Bite is something very special to me and I promise that you'll love it too. My boyfriend makes fun of me all time on my love for vampire movies, but when I showed him this movie, he nearly died laughing and loves it now. Before Dracula: Dead and Loving it, there was Love at first Bite and it is one of the funniest movies you'll ever see.

Count Dracula is expelled from his castle by the Communist government of Romania, which plans to convert the structure into a training facility for gymnasts. The world-weary Count travels to New York City with his bug-eating assistant Renfield and establishes himself in a hotel, but only after a mix-up at the airport causes his coffin to be accidentally sent to be the centerpiece in a funeral at a church in Harlem. While Dracula learns that America contains such wonders as blood banks, he also proceeds to suffer the general ego-crushing that comes from modern life in the Big Apple as he romantically pursues fashion model Cindy Sondheim, whom he has admired from afar and believes to be the current reincarnation of his true love. Dracula is ineptly pursued in turn by Sondheim's psychiatrist and on and off boyfriend Jeffrey Rosenberg. Jeffrey is the grandson of Dracula's old nemesis Fritz van Helsing but changed his name to Rosenberg "for professional reasons". Rosenberg's numerous methods to combat Dracula: mirrors, garlic, a Star of David, silver bullets, fire and hypnosis which are easily averted by the Count. After all, he doesn't want the Count to have Cindy on the good chance that he might be in love with her.

Where to begin on the laughter? "Children of the night…Shut up!" is very possibly one of the best lines of all time. Or the scene that will have you in stitches when Dracula's coffin is misplaced and put in the middle of Harlem during a funeral, Reverend Mike says "Cuz when you is gone, you is gone! And there ain't no way, no how no one is ever gonna bring you back here once you is dead!" and Dracula rises out of the coffin and sends everyone screaming hysterically out of the funeral home, you don't get great comedic timing like that any more! Dracula's first night trying to get victims and of course in New York, no one takes a bat seriously… a starving family even mistakes him for a "black chicken", God, that scene nearly kills me! Then of course you have to love the outrageous antics of Dr. Jeffery Rosenberg, who is so over the top in trying to kill Dracula he ends up going crazy. Every character in this film is great and the actors looked like they had so much fun making Love at first Bite. That is what makes a film so special is when you can tell the cast and crew put love into the film. Love at first Bite flows very well and while dated, I promise there is no way you'll watch this movie without getting at least one good laugh. I love showing this film to people who have never seen it before, they always get a good kick out of it. It's just a great movie, please watch it, you won't regret it.

• Despite the '70s sleaze and feel to it, this is still a classic comedy with many laugh-out-loud scenes, similar to the Dracula spoof Mel Brooks put out in the '90s (Dracula: Dead And Loving It). Brooks must have been inspired watching this film.

Susan St. James is okay in the female lead role here but almost all the laughs are produced by three guys: George Hamilton IV, Arte Johnson and Richard Benjamin. This has to be Hamilton's best role by far. He excels with his deadpan humor and restrained style as the famous "Count Dracula." Johnson, as "Renfield," still makes me laugh with his stupid laugh in here and Benjamin added a lot of spark to the film the moment he entered, playing the ultra-liberal psychiatrist who knows who Dracula right off and tries in vain to stop him.

Speaking of "liberal," this film is like something discovered out of a time capsule, if you want to see the most Liberal period in American history - the '60s and '70s - with the too-casual attitude toward sex, drugs and anything of moral value. St. James, as model "Cindy Sonheim," gives us Exhibit A of that, with Benjamin close behind.

Since all four of the major characters in here provide tons of entertainment in this hour-and-a-half, this movie always is fun to watch, no matter what era.
  • Hamilton is genuinely funny in this movie. That is much more than I can say for the next one he did, Zorro, the Gay Blade. It was atrocious. But in this one, he was honestly good, as was Susan St. James. Her success on television in my opinion stemmed from her performance in this movie. MacMillian and Wife was a wonderful series, but she shined brightest in this movie.

The VHS release, however, has one major change I neither understand, nor can stomach. That wonderful climax where the two of them are dancing to the song, "I Love the Nightlife" and he is attempting to use his Vampyric powers on Suntime (St. James), has been negatively altered!

It now no longer contains that memorable song and the soundtrack has been changed to another song for that scene. I was highly disappointed with this change! It degraded the quality of the experience to the point of making it worthless!

If you can find this movie in its original format (before the change, that is) this movie rates an 8.2/10.

After the change, it's not worth a 1.0/10 from...

the Fiend :.
    *****Possible Spoilers*****

This film still holds up after nearly 25 years (Plans for a sequel were announced recently).George Hamilton, in his best Lugosi accent, plays Dracula with humor and biting (pun intended) wit. One of those rare Dracula films where you do feel sorry for him and hope that he gets the girl. Richard Benjamin practically steals the film as Dr. Rosenberg, a Van Helsing descendant that doesn't get his info right. For example, after attempting to shoot Dracula with silver bullets and he finds out that it only works with werewolves, Rosenberg asks him, "Really? Are you sure?"

Susan St. James as the object of affection of both men(Although Rosenberg is a commitment-phobe)and does a pretty good job as a woman that wants to be taken care of, but wants her independence, too. Artie Johnson as Renfield is hilarious.

Sure, some of the scenes may make you cringe (The disco scene still bugs me, especially since "I Love The Night Life" is replaced on later versions of the VHS), but it can still make you laugh.
  • elsie188814 February 2005
    As a product of the 70's myself, I love this movie for the nostalgia. It is SO on target. The version they show on HBO still has the "Nightlife" song. The movie is a little hard on the Harlem stereotypes, but that is how NYC was in the 70's.

I love the cheesy special effects but they fit with the spoofiness/goofiness very well.

I also think Richard Benjamin really steals the show with "It's OK...I'm a doctor". Having Dick Shawn along for the ride doesn't hurt either. I smile just thinking about it. Artie Johnson is also an excellent Renfield. I recently saw the Coppola version of Dracula, and would take this movie over that one any time.
  • Say what you would like about Apocolypse Now, the Godfather, the Terminator films, the Alien series, Jaws, Rocky, Casablanca, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, or even (gulp) the Star Wars Trilogy, but Love at First Bite is for me the all time greatest movie ever. I cannot escape the Dracula legend (In fact my first and middle name is Christofer Lee) so it only seems fitting that this is my favorite. I love the story of Dracula coming to "modern" New York, and falling in love with a swinging super model. It is full of the most hilarious things ever committed to film (Art Johnson anyone?). Some of the funniest things are unintentional, it is so seventies and it even picks up some of the things that are today clichés about the decade (again it is my man Art).

The funniest banter between movie characters is at the beginning of the movie when Renfield identifies Gov't officials by the fact that they wear shoes. Get a copy of this, watch it and laugh for the next week. Everybody email WB and get them to release a DVD.

My Rating **** 10/10 and 3 thumbs up. As always I encourage the free flow of ideas. God Bless!
  • Hamilton has always been a versatile actor who has been, for some reason, very much overlooked. This movie is, by definition, silly humor but the cast carries the story perfectly and anyone who needs a relaxing evening of an excellent love story will not be disappointed.
  • A great comedic version of the story, with a tanned vampire Hamilton looking for his lost love to give her the bite. Several very funny moments, especially once Dracula and Renfield reach New York. Slightly dated with several 70's era references, but still a very funny movie. Can't get over the tan.
  • "Love at First Bite" is one of the goofiest movies ever made. That doesn't make it a bad movie though. I have to admit that I did laugh alot while watching this. George Hamilton is bloody good as a comedic Count Dracula who goes to New York City to find his true love, fashion model Susan Saint James. Richard Benjamin plays James' shrink who just happens to be related to the great vampire killer Dr. Van Helsing, and goes out of his way to try to stop her from seeing Count Dracula. These three actors generate laughs, but the funniest scenes are provided by Arte Johnson as Count Dracula's assistant Renfield. His obnoxious laugh throughout the film is hilarious. And wouldn't ya know, it features separate cameo appearances by The Jeffersons! "Love at First Bite" isn't the best comedy ever made, but if you want to watch some good dumb fun, this is it.

*** (out of four)
  • Quite incredible this was made the same year as ALIEN. Seems a couple of generations earlier - a real throwback to 50's and 60's "family" movies.

Totally watchable and entertaining flick (which is somewhat MORE than can be said for Hamilton's follow-up, ZORRO THE GAY BLADE). The strength of the film lies in its principals. Hamilton as suave and out-of-the-20th-century-loop Count Vladimir Dracula, Susan St James in what was inarguably her best screen role as NY super model Cindy Sondheim, and ever-funny Richard Benjamin as Dr Jeffrey Rosenberg..a distant relation of Dr Van Helsing no less!

Both are in love with Cindy who is torn every which way emotionally, even allowing for her understandable concern as to the restrictive life of a bat in general. The interplay between Hamilton and Benjamin is often priceless. The film never really aims to be anything more than what it is - a lightweight romantic comedy with bite, and this becomes it well. Particularly cheerful little ending which adds pep!

Always to be remembered for the disco sequence and I LOVE THE NIGHTLIFE which still conjures up for me so vividly those dance-floor scenes. No way a masterpiece - simply a film which holds very pleasant memories for many people I imagine!
    this movie was Excellent and so funny, George Hamilton was perfect for Dracula .. and Artie Johnson as "Renfield" was great too..

the part i liked the most is when Richard Benjamin is trying to kill off "Dracula" and he uses a Star of David, and then a silver bullet to try and kill him that way and it doesnt work, then he sets Dracula's coffin on fire and that doesnt work either, and Richard ends up in a mental hospital ... its just so hilarious.. and another funny part is when Dracula's coffin is delivered to a Funeral Home . and when he wakes up and sits up in the coffin it scares everyone off ...

I Highly recommend this movie.. its great !!!
  • Better than average horror romance/comedy with the charming Hamilton perfectly cast as the comedic Dracula.Not too horrific really but more so on the romantic side with a cute love story to it.The movie could have had better cinematography and editing and also,some scenes were low quality particularly the one where Dracula's bug eating assistant shows his lunch box to the modeling agent.Still the movie moves along well and the actors charm the audience well enough to make this movie a good one.Only for fans of this genre or big fans of the lead actors.....
  • Wonderful movie, I loved it. Some people didn't like the disco music, but it makes sense. Disco is night time music, party music. It emphasizes having a good time while still being young enough to enjoy it. But then again, I actually like disco. I first saw this movie when it was on TV in the late eighties. I fell in love with George Hamilton instantly. (I was eight.) It was only years later that I realized that Dracula shouldn't have a tan. Oh well! I honestly thought Cindy could have been a bit more glamorous. The rest of the cast is wonderful, Renfield was hilarious! This movie started my love affair with vampires. Everyone who loves Dracula should see it once!
    For the past year, I have watched, fascinated, as popular culture has been inundated by a new wave of vampire product, particularly TWILIGHT and TRUE BLOOD. It seems almost a repeat of a similar fad which swept the landscape exactly 30 years ago, taking me back to my childhood and the year 1979, one of the most prolific years in the cinematic life of Count Dracula/vampires. Two major vampire films - the sensuous "Dracula," with Frank Langella and Werner Herzog's eerie, hypnotic, "Nosferatu" -were released in that year. At the same time, the perennially undead Count also took over the short-lived TV serial, "Cliffhangers" (remember that one!) and who could forget Reggie Nader as a Nosferatu-like vampire in the miniseries of Stephen King's "Salem's Lot." LOVE AT FIRST BITE added comedy to the glut of vampire-related tales produced back then, becoming a surprise hit and one of the top moneymakers of the year. George Hamilton turns in a surprisingly good performance as the undead aristocrat, and Susan Saint-James has her best role as Cindy Sondheim, a New York fashion model who just happens to be the reincarnation of Dracula's long-lost love. Much of the humour in this film is definitely pre-AIDS (and pre-political correctness!), and I find it quite uncanny that so many bloodsucking tales were produced simultaneously in the last year of the wild, decadent (and ultimately tragic) 1970s, and I find it equally odd to be reliving a similar cultural moment a generation later - what does this say about our world and its current direction? All that aside, LOVE AT FIRST BITE - a cable TV staple - has lasted not just because it is very, very funny, but also because Susan Saint James and George Hamilton have a great chemistry between them and actually make their love story convincing! I won't bother to recount the plot as so many others have done so already. I do want to say that this film is a terrific satire on the loose-lipped, zipless, drug-fueled promiscuity of the period - Cindy Sondheim is a woman bored out of her skull with her decadent life - she smokes pot daily, pops Quaaludes like candy, sucks down booze as fast at she can and wallows in therapy as an excuse for avoiding her own disenchantment with the "glamorous" world of a "supermodel." Cindy is waiting for something big to come into her life, and Count Dracula turns out to be it! Unlike most vampire tales, we wind up rooting for the "monster" to win Cindy away from her uptight, creepy, psychiatrist-boyfriend, Dr. Rosenberg/Van Helsing and take her away from a New York shown to be corrupt, violent, and rife with poverty and superficiality. It is strange how a comedy can make some very sharp points about a civilization, and this film works as well as it does because it manages to make fun of just about everything considered "normal." Oddly, the vampire seems to be the only being with any capacity for real love, so when the newly-undead Cindy flies off into the night in the famous last shot, we cheer the lovers on as they escape into the romantic moonlight! (Classic dialogue: "Oh, this isn't so hard! I think I'm going to love being a vampire!" "There is only one problem - we can only live by night." "That's OK - I can never get my s**t together before 6 o'clock anyway!") The hilarious script - filled with too many great one-liners and hilarious scenes to recount - zooms along, leaving the viewer breathless with laughter and feeling better about the meaning and importance of love in a cold, cruel world - and that's an unexpected message in a film supposedly about the undead. I've seen this film a hundred times and it make me laugh every time. I never get tired of it, and neither will you once you see it! BTW, it is truly unfortunate that the studio cannot seem to reach a deal with Alicia Bridges to include "I Love The Night Life" in the film - the recent DVD was a commercial failure and thousands of fans were really, really angry because the absence of this song does RUIN the most pivotal and important scene! Maybe we should start a letter-writing campaign?
  • George Hamilton in his best film role ever as the nefarious Count Dracula is a fond and loving tribute of the Univeral Films 1931 feature. The up-dating of the story to New York city is a real laugh riot as Hamilton, always playing for the laughs, takes himself seriously, and delivers each line as a comedy gem. Arte Johnson has completely captured the character of Renfield, with the laugh and movements of Dwight Frye and it was incredible that the make-up artist for the original "Dracula" was used for this film 48 years later. Susan St James, Dick Shawn, Sherman Hemsly and Isobel Sanford all help to round out a rousing cast. The only fault that I have is with the VHS release which, due to rights disputes, had to substitute another song for the big dance number in place of Alicia Bridges' "I Love the Night Life" which was a perfect complement to this movie. If you haven't seen it you should. Much better than Mel Brooks' "Dracula: Dead and Loving it."
  • There are many reasons to rate this movie as a 10. The movie itself establishes a theatrical epiphany that creates an open door of possibility for any viewer(s). As a movie classic, it displays human-like qualities of both frailty and stamina through-out the work.

The lead character is portrayed in a custom-made suit of personality and other durable qualities. The story has to be seen to really be appreciated. Certainly, it will rank as a classic, even in the year 2016.

"Love at First Bite" is a film that any good collector must have in their library, as a simple show piece and even a calendar review on any given Sunday.
  • rmax3048234 December 2005
    I guess I won't go on about this. Count Dracula (Hamilton) is ejected from his castle by a bunch of commies who will turn it into a collective Zheloy Dom. He winds up opening his coffin at a black funeral by mistake. And so forth.

This is a funny movie. At times it is a very funny movie.

The humor has a kind of haimische tint to it. Renfield tells Dracula that if it hadn't been for him, Renfield, Dracula would have had a stake driven through his heart, and so on. "So vot do you vant -- a MEDAL?" asks the Count.

Some fun is poked at African-Americans but it doesn't seem offensive. It seems amusing. A young man in New York attacks Dracula and is thrown into a store window and runs off with a TV set. Well, it could be worse. 1972 was kind of a bad year for New York, as I know all to well.

Catch this one. You'll be tickled.
  • artzau5 May 2001
    The one spoiler here confuses me. This is a very clever film. There is spook at every turn. Every one does their job. Hamilton is great. As the guy who was squiring LBJ's daughter, he drew a lot of flack because he wasn't in the war. He said he'd go if called (which more than our junior ex-prez did) and was always good-natured about it. But, this spoof on the old Bram Stoker classic is great. Right from his "little Children of the night...shut up!" to the closing scene where Susan St. James and he flying into the night as bats replies to his announcement that they will be ever creatures of the night, "Oh well, I never could get my s**t together before seven anyway." Dick Shawn and Richard Benjamin are great too, as is Arte Shaw's rendition of Dwight Frey's Refield in the classic 1932 version. Check it out. Hamilton was in two great spoofs. Zorro, the Gay Blade being the other. This funny spoof of Dracula is actually better than Dead and Loving it, and that's pretty funny too. Check it out.
  • Clever romantic comedy with the always charming Hamilton as a more hoaky and fun Count Dracula. There are plenty of wonderful gags and a witty supporting performance from "Laugh In" alum, Arte Johnson, as Dracula's sidekick.
  • Another fantastic comedy movie. And another long time favorite comedy-horror film that I enjoy. If you get the humor in horror and in Dracula then you will get this belly-busting comedy movie.

I saw this movie years ago as an 8 or 9 year old kid and it was "Love At First Watch" . I also watched it quite a few times during my teen years. To this very day, I will still laugh when I see this movie.

I have admit that George Hamilton makes a good-looking Dracula and could have easily taken a serious Dracula role - but I'm glad he did this particular film.

If you like is film (Love at First Bite) then you are also sure to love Leslie Nelson in "Dracula: Dead and Loving It". Both movies are so funny that I had tears streaming down my face.

• "Love at First Bite" is a parody of films about Dracula, set in the disco environment of the 1970s. It relies mostly on "Dracula" from 1931, most notably in the performances of George Hamilton and Arte Johnson, who apparently mimic Lugosi and Dwight Frye. There are also references to the "Dance of the Vampires" (1967) and "Scream Blacula Scream" (1973). The story basically follows the original, but is constantly twisted into a parody and filled with gags and jokes. The movie is clever and humorous, but we for some reason, except in a few scenes, it didn't make me laugh. Probably because I'm not a fan of the seventies in general, the film simply did not leave a strong impression. I had some fun, but I wouldn't rewatch it.

• Forced out of his Transylvanian castle by government officials, Count Vladimir Dracula and his bug-eating man-servant, Renfield, pull up stakes and land in New York City, where the bloodsucker begins his search for the fashion model he believes is his soulmate. "Love at First Bite" is a sassy, snorting romp, but it isn't crude; it has too big of a heart to be just another vampire spoof. Bram Stoker's infamous Count has been modernized (via the 1970s) as a die-hard romantic with a ticklish side (he amuses himself), and George Hamilton could not be better in the role. Whether seducing flaky sexpot Susan Saint James with some fancy moves on the dance-floor, matching wits with Richard Benjamin as a nutty psychiatrist (and Van Helsing relative!) or robbing a blood bank with Arte Johnson's Renfield in tow, Hamilton never gets pushy with his Dracula incarnation; he's working in a surprising, charming lower key and doesn't resort to hamming for laughs. The movie isn't especially well-produced--the color is gloppy, the continuity is spotty and the third act business is squashed together--but it has a sense of naughty (though not vulgar) playfulness that audiences responded to. Hamilton's obvious delight with this comic-book approach to Dracula is infectious, as well. His Count may not be street-smart or completely self-assured, but he's a flexible vampire, willing to adapt to the times. He's also loyal to the people he loves, and this gives the romance a groovy kick (when this vampire says "I love you," you knows he means it; he swoons a little himself when he says it). Hamilton revels in the fun, and he looks great in the cape. *** from ****
  • The rating is 6.1/10 as I am writing this and all I can say is...are you kidding me? I was 21 when this film came out and laughed all of the way through it. I've also seen it on youtube recently and it is still just as funny. This movie has a very smartly written script and it is perfectly cast and well paced. You might even say it is emblematic of urban 70's life.

The film opens with Count Dracula (George Hamilton) being kicked out of his ancestral home of 712 years in Transylvania because, at the time, Romania was still behind the iron curtain and the central committee plans to take over the castle and make it an Olympic training center. The exiting Dracula and his servant Renfield (Arte Johnson) are met by peasants with pitchforks and torches - and still no shoes - as though this is a 1930 Dracula film. The underlying message being that after 30 years of Communist rule, the Bolsheviks are good at taking things away from people but haven't managed to improve their lives at all in the process.

At any rate, Dracula plans to travel to New York City and find the girl of his dreams, cynical model Cindy Sondheim (Susan St. James). In the process Dracula's world runs smack into urban bloodless late 20th century New York City at the height of the disco and free love era, and the results are hilarious. There are mix-ups of various kinds, and then when Dracula goes out at night to feed, he finds he is no scarier to the inhabitants of the Big Apple than a "black chicken" and is almost caught and cooked (he is in bat form) by a down and out family in the projects. Finally, he gets to meet Cindy at the disco she hangs out at every night - and though you would think she would scare off most guys - dirty apartment (think "The Dirty Girl" episode of Friends), cynical attitude towards men, her long blonde hair is actually a wig, still the count pursues.

In a parallel plot, Cindy's analyst, Dr. Jeffery Rosenberg (Richard Benjamin) is actually doing something that will get your physician's license revoked in most places - he's been sleeping with his patient for nine years and is ambivalent towards any commitment towards her. Plus he's convinced her AS her analyst, that she does not want marriage, yet he thinks he has the right to be jealous when she sleeps with somebody else. Did I mention that his grandfather was Van Helsing the vampire hunter? Well, Jeffery figures out that Cindy's new lover is Dracula and spends the rest of the movie doing what his grandfather would have done - he tries to kill Dracula. However, he messes up in very comical ways, so don't think this film is ever anything but a comedy.

How does this all work out? Watch and find out. If you were around at the time this film came out, and an adult in particular, you'll recognize it as a delicious bite of the 1970's and a great satire of modern life as it existed then. One of the reasons Hamilton's Dracula is so hilarious is that he does not break or bend to the ways of this new world he has been thrown into. He is doing Lugosi's old world vampire, complete with tux and tails and accent, throughout the film.

One little word about commercial versions of this film. The MGM DVD removed "I Love The Night Life" and inserted generic disco music that does not fit the scene at all where Dracula dances with and seduces Cindy at the disco. The new Blu-ray from the Shout Factory has reinserted the original music, and I might finally buy a Blu-Ray player just to see the film the way I remember it.
  • George Hamilton is the only Dracula with style and a tan. Seriously, there is no seriousness in this hip update on the Count that just won't die. Now he lives in New York, after being evicted from his own castle in Transylvania. Inconceivable! And, George Hamilton plays Dracula to the hilt. It would be easy to say that George Hamilton is the whole show, making Dracula a three-dimensional character and relate-able to the viewers, but he is not. Arte Johnson is equally fantastic as his eccentric and offbeat sidekick, Renfield, and his laugh is too much. He can really get into character and the viewer senses he is enjoying himself a lot in his role. Equally great is Richard Benjamin as a psychiatrist who has loved patient Susan Saint James for years and has proposed to her, but she does not love him and has turned him down repeatedly. When she meets Dracula and falls for him and Dracula gives Benjamin a run for his money for her affection, Benjamin goes ballistic. Benjamin is so good at dead-pan delivery, by that I mean he says his unbelievable lines with so much conviction and seriousness, as to really get you to believe him. Susan Saint James is good too, but with three excellent over-the-top performances by Hamilton, Johnson, and Benjamin, she is left in the dust and is kind of boring in comparison to the other much-animated actors. Three great performances like these in a movie like this is rare and they make "Love at First Bite" a must-see for Movie Comedies 101. Cameos by "The Jeffersons" Sherman Hemsley and Isabel Sanford are a hoot, too. But does she really want to be one of the un-dead forever? With George Hamilton, she might begin to live!