17 September 2017 | ramito-1
Nino Manfredi = grande talento
Not his most famous film, but combine his talent with director Dini Risi and you can't go far wrong. One other user left a review and my reactions were different, so I am writing this as a point of comparison.
1) La Diva. The star-worship satire hits the spot here, with the great Sylva Koscina playing herself, a movie star whose presence distracts Dr. Manfredi from his duties. 7/10
2) 'Processo a Porte Chiuse' Short and hysterical, this caused a scandal on release. The other reviewer got it wrong - this is not about a chicken thief! The dialect is thick, but Manfredi's impression of how he was provoked is priceless! 9/10
3) Ornella. A sensitive, repressed Manfredi meet the man with whom he has been sharing tender letters under the guide of a women What could have been crude is in fact a surprisingly tender sketch and holds up even today. 10/10 Best in the film!
4) Il Guardone. Short Peeping Tom sketch with a great pay-off! 8/10
5) L'ultima Vergine. So dated that it ruins the fun - almost. 5/10
6) Motrice Mia. Kinky and creative! 8/10
7) Vedo Nudo. OK, he sees nudes. We get the satire; the culture has gone tittie-crazy and so has Manfredi, who has to go in for a cure. Could have been great at half the length, but it really drags. 4/10