- Brought up by his grandfather, Arjun Singh moves to the city in search of a new job and life. While in the city he meets Bhairon, who helps him find a job as a singer in a 5-star hotel owned by Raja.
- Young Arjun (Amitabh Bachchan) is brought up by his Daddu (Om Prakash), who decides for him to go to the city in search of a new job and life. While in the city he meets Bhairon (Ram P. Sethi), who helps him find a job as a servant in a 5-star hotel owned by Raja (Shashi Kapoor). In the hotel, Arjun meets Poonam (Smita Patil) and falls in love with her. During this time, many attempts are made to kill Raja by the one and only Girdar Singh (Satyendra Kapoor) and his son Ranjeet (Ranjeet). All these attempts are thwarted by Arjun. Will he be able to save Raja from these attacks?—gavin@email@example.com
- Bhimsingh dies while saving life of his employer Savitri, who promises him to take care of his employer's son Raja. Everyone, including her father-in-law Dashrath Singh, thinks Savitri killed her husband and employer for money. Savitri hands her son Arjun to her father-in-law and goes to take care of Raja. Arjun grows up a simple man dependent on his grandfather. His friend Bahirav takes him to city to work in a five-star hotel owned by Raja, where meets and falls in love with Poonam. Arjun and Raja become good friends. Girdhar Singh and his son Ranjeet want to kill Raja as Girdhar killed his father, but all their attempts fail thanks to Arjun. Raja doubts that his mother is behind all this. Ranjeet and Girdhar now hire Nisha to kill Raja.—firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arjun Singh has been brought up by his grandfather, and as a result is totally dependent on him and can't even think of leaving him. When he grows up, his grandfather wants him to be independent and stand on his own two feed. Arjun reluctantly agrees and relocates to the big city of Bombay. He gets a job as a singer/dancer in a hotel and is very loyal to the owner, Raja. He also looks up to Savitridevi who manages the hotel, until he finds out that Savitridevi is his biological mother, and that Raja believes that she is involved in a plot to kill him.—rAjOo (email@example.com)
- Bhim Singh (Suresh Oberoi) works as a manager and personal bodyguard to Seth Raja Singh (Kamal Kapoor) and saves him from many murder attempts planned by Raja's step brother, Girdhar Singh. One day Raja Singh appoints Savitri (Waheeda Rehman), Bhim Singh's wife as trustee to their property and guardian to his toddler son Raja Kumar. On the same day, he and Bhim Singh die at the hands of Girdhar Singh (Satyen Kappu). Savitri promises her husband that she would take care of Raja Kumar at any rate. Everyone including Bhim Singh's father Dashrath Singh (Om Prakash) blames Savitri thinking that she killed her husband and employer for money. He wants Savitri to forget Arjun and makes her promise that she will never reveal that Arjun is her son. Savitri hands over young Arjun to Dashrath Singh and settles herself as Raja Kumar's mother to protect him. She lets Raja to complete his education in London, even when news reaches her that Girdhar died in a plane crash.
Later Arjun (Amitabh Bachchan) grows up to be a naive youngster under the care of Dashrath Singh (Om Prakash). He moves to the city to build his life on his own and joins as a bellboy in a five star restaurant through a common village friend Bhairon (Ram Sethi). However, Girdhar is alive and well, as many yrs ago he had given his flight ticket to a desperate man who wanted to be on the flight. Thus, Girdhar managed to be officially "dead" for all these yrs. Hotel manager Ranjit Singh (Ranjeet) is the son of Girdhar Singh and plans to kill Raja to take over the entire business empire that Savitri has been managing on Raja's behalf. Ranjit decides to kill Raja well before he arrives in India. Ranjit pays an assassin to kill Raja during a ski race. Ranjit had planted a letter on Raja's attackers, which Raja finds. The letter states that the orders to kill Raja came from Savitri. Raja also finds then that Savitri is not his birth mother, but the wife of his dad's servant.
Arjun meets Poonam (Smita Patil), who works at the same hotel and they both fall in love. That hotel is owned by Raja Kumar (Shashi Kapoor) and run by Savitri. Raja comes back to India. Arjun has fierce loyalty towards his employer Raja and is not hesitant to lay down his own life for him. Raja is hostile to Savitri upon his return. On his Birthday party a dog eats the cake first by mistake and dies. Ranjit alludes that the cake was ordered by Savitri. Raja's suspicion grows and takes hold. Arjun can see how hurt Savitri is, and vows to protect Raja at any cost.
Arjun wins Raja's loyalty and assures him that a mother (even if it is not a birth mother), can never kill its own son. Girdhar is annoyed with Arjun and hires a beautiful young dancer Nisha (Parveen Babi) to become a honey trap to kill Raja. Dasrath Singh comes to visit Arjun in Mumbai and the duo have a painful reunion. Nisha falls in love with Raja and couldn't kill him. But Ranjit impersonates Savitri's voice and kidnaps Nisha's mother to force her to kill Raja. Finally she arranges a party on a boat to execute the plan, but Arjun foils it by sensing danger. He falls through a trap door into the water where assassins were waiting for Raja. Arjun defeats them but they eat cyanide pills before being questioned about who sent them. Raja interrogates Nisha only to find the orders came from a woman. Arjun demands proof when Raja again accuses Savitri of plotting to kill her. Meanwhile Savitri sees Girdhar alive.
Raja confronts Savitri and insults her by saying that she her husband Bhim Singh were after his wealth. All the "sacrifices" were nothing but an elaborate scheme to corner the wealth at the right time. Arjun overhears this conversation and realizes that Savitri is his mother and not Raja's. Arjun doesn't reveal to Savitri that he knows the truth and vows to protect Raja at any cost. Arjun figures out that the letter that Raja recovered from his assassin was written by Ranjit. Arjun tries to expose Ranjit by making a deal with him to kill Raja. Ranjit records the conversation and plays it to Raja who kicks Arjun out. Arjun swears revenge on Raja, but is stopped by Savitri. Dashrath Singh intervenes and tells Savitri that Arjun is her son.
Finally goons kidnap Arjun's and Raja's family members and blackmail them to transfer all his property to Ranjit's name. Arjun and Ranjit are sent to get Raja's signature on a revised will and then kill him. But Ranjit didn't know that the bullets were blanks. Arjun gets his family released in exchange for the will, but Girdhar figures out that the signatures were in disappearing ink. He gets ready to shoot, when Raja attacks. A typical fight ensues. Ranjit and Dashrath are defeated and handed over to the police.
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content
More from this title
More to explore
Most anticipated Indian movies and shows
Percentage shows amount of top page views.