• This documentary shows some of the best moments mainly from 70's and early 80's horror movies. Donald Pleasance was a perfect choice for a host. Its really fun to guess and point out which scene came from what movie. Highly recommended for any true horror fan.
  • Documentaries about horror/ thriller movies are indeed my favorite subjects. I liked the selections this movie gave out. Donald Pleasance(1920-95) and Nancy Allen did a great job explaining the causes and effects of a thriller. Mr. Pleasance from the "Halloween" movies really showed some effects when he sees Jamie Lee Curtis' character attacked Michael Myers. Knowing your in that particular movie, you must expect to root for the hero/heroine. I liked the selection of movies they displayed: Friday The 13th, Alien, The Thing, Ms. 45, Halloween, and many others to mention. This reference movie was very helpful, though I couldn't name every movie that they sampled it was very useful to know what they are. I also like the part where they did some archival footage of Alfred Hitchcock. He IS the master of suspense! Horror and thriller movies wouldn't be the same without him. Despite being a documentary, people should have the understand of horror, and there will be less nightmares when leave the theater, or go to sleep at night. Hey, horror movies don't faze me! Rating 4.5 out of 5 stars!
  • "Terror in the Aisles" is an interesting documentary about horror movies. Donald Pleasence and Nancy Allen host this movie which feature scenes from 75 movies that deal with horror, science fiction, suspense, or crime that have scared moviegoers over the years. You get scenes from classic horror films such as "The Exorcist", "Psycho", "Halloween", and "Rosemary's Baby"; sci-fi flicks such as "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", "The Thing", and "Alien"; crime pictures such as "Nighthawks", and "Vice Squad"; and suspense thrillers such as "Wait Until Dark", "The Seduction", and "Klute". You even get to see a little comentary from the Master of Suspense, Alfred Hitchcock (scenes from a couple of his films are featured in here). Not a great documentary, but a good one.

*** (out of four)
  • Rather pointless but also quite entertaining compilation of clips from famous (pre-1984) horror films. Many of the complaints that others have expressed about this film are valid (unnecessary "narration", too much footage from "Halloween II", some odd selections of sources - what are "To Catch A Thief" and "Midnight Express" doing here?), but I still believe most horror buffs will find enough to enjoy here - you may even feel a chill running down your spine during some of the scenes. (**1/2)
    One of the most interesting facts about this terrific documentary, is that it was released theatrically back in 1984. Can you think of any other documentary that chronicles and combines film clips to a strong degree seeing release into the cinemas today? I know I certainly cannot. "Terror In The Aisles" is a one of a kind documentary exploring the technical and psychological aspects of the suspense genre, covering some of the most influential horror, Sci-Fi, and Action Suspense films that had been made up to that point,in 1984. By the 1980's, these genres had seen a very interesting variety films. This documentary covers a great deal of these films, ranging from the earliest of films such as the 1931 "Dracula", and "Frankenstein", to more contemporary film such as "Jaws", "Alien", "NightHawks" and "Halloween".

Narrating, or rather, hosting this documentary, are Donald Pleasance of the "Halloween" films, and Nancy Allen of early Brian De Palma films such as "Carrie" and "Dressed To Kill". Both actors, of which, have their own films as featured titles. They each take turns narrating different categories of the horror films. For example, Donald Pleasance talks about the more intense films such as his own famed "Halloween", and "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", while Nancy Allen talks about the concept of women as victims in the films that are depicted. It's a fun time watching these two stars explore such thematic topics in horror films, while giving commentary about how, and why audiences are effected by them.

Obviously, horror fans are going to be thrilled to view a myriad of some of the most impacting horror films of that time. such film clips include the chest-bursting scene from "Alien", the death of Eddie from "Jaws 2", the opening from "Jaws", The chase from "NightHawks", and the head explosion from "Scanners". The film does, however, construct these scenes in an order that fits the topic of which Pleasance or Allen are narrating, or providing a commentary of sorts. Another good thing about the film, is that you do not have to be a die-hard horror fan to enjoy it. Sure, it displays scenes of intense gore, but it's quite reasonable and even a little educational and certainly insightful as far as going over the technical and psychological aspects of horror films.

In dissecting the technical and psychological side of the genre, the Pleasance and Allen explain what shocks us, and why we're so vulnerable to it. We are given terrific examples as the aforementioned chest-bursting scene from "Alien", the rat scene from "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?" The first appearance of Leatherface in "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", and the transformation scene from "An American Werewolf In London". On the technical side, the two actors explain the stylistic way the films were made, and how they manipulate the audience. Such examples come from the camera-work in "Friday The 13th part 2", the special effects in films such as "The Howling", and the visual style of "Rosemary's Baby". Pleasance and Allen also discuss the topics of villains, heroes, and confrontations.

All in all, this is a nice film that definitely succeeds in explaining the horror genre, and all the many topics therein. It's a fun film for fans and film buffs alike, and it's a joy to watch over and over again. More recent compilations have been released, such as the "Boogymen" compilation, that succeed only in providing genre fans with expected film clips of repetitive gore and violence. Those are nothing like "Terror in The Aisles", which both shows and expresses the genre at it's best because during that time, it had reached it's best.
  • vampi196011 October 2006
    when i first seen terror in the aisles at the local movie theater i loved it,its an endless barrage of clips from;Halloween 1 and 2,texas chainsaw massacre,nighthawks,ms 45,carrie,the omen,a stranger is watching,jaws 1 and 2,marathon man,the howling,American werewolf in London,bride of Frankenstein,the wolf-man,and just so much more.the whole thing takes place in a movie theater as stars donald pleasense and Nancy Allen host it while they sit in the audience.and if you see the edited TV version they show more clips to make up for the cuts. but the clips shown in the TV version aren't in the end credits.lets see there's the fun-house,battlestar galactica(?)firstarter.it seems like another movie spliced in.it would be great to combine the TV version with the theatrical version on a special edition DVD,universal take note.there is no DVD for terror in the aisles just yet.but hopefully soon.for those of you who have not seen it,you are in for a treat. be ready for scenes of the scariest movies ever made.oh i left out the exorcist,poltergeist,alligator,food of the gods,alien,the shining,bug, Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein,invasion of the body snatchers,alone in the dark,and still many more.all i can say even if you can only find it on VHS,watch it,its just awesome.10 out of 10.
  • Saw this one in a drive in back in 1984. It was a great place to see this compilation of the best clips of (mostly) more recent Horror and Suspense movies. This movie was released in theatres first, not direct to video as with many other compilations, so the highlighting of 1970s slasher movies is totally understandable from a marketing viewpoint. For fans of early horror, I recommend the documentary "Universal Horror" which highlights the classic horror films and influences of Universal Studios. Donald Pleasance was at his prime then, starring in slasher films galore, he camps it up here as does Nancy Allen, trying to keep the suspense up in between clips. It all works. For horror fans, its a fantastic sampler platter of some of the greatest moments in Horror film. It will steer you toward films you may not be aware of, or it will give you peeks at films you may have heard of but never seen.
    Horror film fans should be sure to check out this hard to find semi-documentary, Terror in the Aisles. Donald Pleasance and Nancy Allen explore many of the great moments in horror movie history (though most are archived footage of movies released by Universal Pictures, since they are the studio that released this movie).

The movie is hosted inside a movie theater with Pleasance and Allen, both horror movie veterans (though Pleasance is more than Allen since he's appeared in nearly every Halloween movie), probing what it is about horror movies that audiences enjoy (perhaps we like the nightmares knowing they're only imaginary as Pleasance sullenly suggests) as well as some of the evolution of classic horror tales (such as Lon Chaney in Wolfman or the Hitchcock horror classics like Psycho and The Birds) into dazzling modern horror creations (like The Exorcist, Halloween, and Jaws). Basically, the movie is just a series of clips of great scenes from great Universal Picture horror films (and many emphasizing special effects in the genre more than anything else).

For example, you see werewolf transformation scenes in Wolfman and the famous Rick Baker transformation in American Werewolf in London. You see the head explosion scene from Scanners (one of the best special effects sequences in a horror movie); the famous shower sequence and Norman Bates finale from the classic, Psycho; the nanny hanging sequence from The Omen; shark attacks from Jaws; those many awesome creature scenes from The Thing and Alien; Jack's crazed persona in The Shining; Carol Kane on the telephone in When a Stranger Calls; scenes from the 1970s remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers; and many other scenes from some of the greatest horror movies ever made (except for The Brood and Alone in the Dark, those were pretty awful films).

Although, the latter half of the movie isn't as good as the first, because the mood changes and you get a lot of archive footage from movies that aren't even of the horror genre. Scenes, for example, from the movie 'Vice Squad' (the movie with Wings Hauser as the crazy Texan who is beating up a female hostage in front of the cops); Nighthawks (a great cop thriller with Sylvester Stallone and Rutger Hauer, but certainly no horror movie); Marathon Man (yes, the "is it safe?" part with Lawrence Olivier is certainly creep city, but it is still only a thriller and not a horror movie); Klute; and so forth. So it isn't entirely about horror films (though I suppose that, judging by the title, it doesn't promise to be strictly about horror films).

If you like horror and suspense movies or just want to see your favorite scenes from the classic titles, Terror in the Aisles is a good choice.
  • Terror in the aisles came out when I was about 5 years old. Now if you have read my past movie reviews, one of them says that I first started viewing horror movies when I was 2 or 3 years old. Terror in the Aisles introduced me to some of the horror movies of the 60s and the 70s. For example the Birds by Alfred Hitchcock. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th, Psycho, Rosemary's Baby, the Exorcist, and many more classics. After watching Terror in the Aisles I really got hooked on watching Horror Movies. And Terror in the Aisles doesen't just show Horror movies, it shows mysteries and suspense movies. So go rent this movie if you can still find it.
  • What can I really say about a film that dedicates it's running time to showcasing clips from some of the scariest movies, intercepted, by two horror icons, sitting in a almost empty cinema, passing on their remarks. Not much. Why make a film like this, or what was the point to it? It's a money stealer, robbing people of their time and money, with endless clips from past flicks, who many of course, would of been familiar with, and they're not just horror flicks. May'be too, on the flipside, the film would have sold scenes to budding moviegoers, who hadn't seen that particular film, if enticing them, to see it. Whatever, the movie does work wonderfully to terrifying effect, with some thought provoking commentary, but it can't hide the fact, that all it is, is scenes from past movies, strung together, where as a films, such as Creepshow is a film, constructed of original scary moments. Although TITA (great title) does amazingly work, where these days it wouldn't, the best bits are the icons delivering their after words.
  • If you've seen the films, no need to see this.

If you haven't seen the films, this will hardly inspire you.

Donald Pleasance and Nancy Allen narrate a documentary on fear using classic horror movie clips as a backing. Decent idea, it just DIDN'T WORK.

Hearing Pleasance cheer Jamie Lee Curtis on during the Halloween clips was kind of funny though.

They also showed a handful of horror comedies from years gone by. Abbot & Costello and Martin & Lewis made cameos.

And I never saw Vice Squad or Nighthawks as horror films. I did like the scenes though. And the movies were good too. They aren't horror however.

And Frogs made me laugh.

I saw this in a theater in New Jersey in 1984 and had a good time. I saw it on video in 2005 and noticed it hasn't aged well.

Dated badly, but it might still be a curiosity piece.
  • "Terror in the Aisles" might look like the ultimate treat for horror fans but it has, in fact, very few to offer. Granted, it presents a decent and versatile (too versatile?) selection of horror/thriller fragments that are considered classic but ...what's the point? This documentary primarily aims for the horror-loving public so we've pretty much seen all these clips already, haven't we? The only thing really praiseworthy about this project is the editing. If you're into scream-queens, chases by vile murderers and that sort of things, "Terror in the Aisles" has some neat compilations of the most famous sequences. All these different scenes hang together by a lame wraparound story starring Donald Pleasance and Nancy Allen sitting in a movie theater. In between two sequences, the address the viewer and "explain" why we love horror so much. Those speeches naturally are soporific and rather obvious (it's in our nature to be afraid ...bla bla bla) and I fail to understand why many people love the concept. This is worth a peek in case you're a loyal horror fan but it certainly isn't essential viewing. On the contrary: in case you still have to see a classic genre title, beware that bits and pieces of it here don't spoil your future viewing. The main reason why I overall disliked it is because it shamelessly ignores a lot of lesser known, but fundamental (foreign) titles endlessly focusing on "Halloween". This does result in a cool inside joke, however, when Donald Pleasance screams to the screen at his own character.
  • Pointless and pretty silly film that is just basically a compilation of clips from horror, science fiction and suspense films. There are unnecessary shots to an audience watching the clips and Donald Pleasance and Nancy Allen are among audience members who turn to the camera and explain why we love horror films. Not a bad idea but all the explanations are obvious ("movie horror helps us deal with real horror", "you are at the mercy of the filmmaker in a theatre") and pretty trite. Also the clips are shown very quickly and the changes are kind of jarring. And, shown out of context, these bits aren't very scary at all. And it's REAL short--I saw it in a theatre back in 1984 and was outraged that I paid $5.00 for an 84 minute movie!

Still, it is reasonably well-edited and Allen and Pleasance seem to be enjoying themselves. For people who have an interest in knowing more about terror this might be fun and interesting. But if you're a horror fan (like me) you'll probably be bored silly. Good idea, bad execution (no pun intended). I give it a 3.
  • TERROR IN THE AISLES is a very entertaining movie. You can't help but watch the series of clips thrown at ya from beginning to end. Unfortunately, the whole thing is a head scratcher. TERROR IN THE AISLES almost looks like producers got hold of a series of clips from several movies and they basically decides to make a movie out of them. The way it's edited together is often fun AND confusing. They always have clips of 3 to 4 movies edited together, which sometimes makes the combination fun to see how things from 4 different films actually meld together but it also becomes frustrating after a while.

What's odd also is that they never identify the movies. Some of them I have no idea from what movie they were from. And I'm sure non-genre fans would also be lost to make sense of anything. For instance, at the very end, we finally see very briefs scenes from SUSPIRIA. Why?!?! Why didn't they show more scenes earlier? When those scenes are shown, it's an almost useless addition to the bunch.

TITA is very short. 84 minutes. When it ended abruptly, I thought, This can't be the end??? It was. It's hard to believe this was ever released on the big screen. People must have felt cheated for paying full price for such a short and inexpensive flick.

But in the end, even if it doesn't make much sense, it's still fun to watch and because I doubt TERROR IN THE AISLES will ever be released on DVD due to all of the legalities over the rights of every film clips they use, if you want to see it, better buy the video now.
  • This film about horror films runs a little over an hour long and tends to focus on the horror/slasher films of the 70's but is still fun to watch. Various clips from several popular films make up the show with Donald Pleasance as a sort of host/narrator as he sits in a crowded theater. Nancy Allen is also along as a hostess. A good warm up for your main horror feature if your inclined to rent a film in that genre for the night.
  • I used to think that "It Came from Hollywood" was the worst movie I had seen that showed clips from horror, sci-fi, crime and drama movies. Of course, I hadn't seen THIS beauty yet.

What's wrong with "Terror in the Aisles"? Four things:

1) It assumes that most of the great moments in shock cinema history began in the '70s when directors like John Carpenter and Brian De Palma came along. And what bones are thrown to the true classics (i.e. - the black and white films) like "Frankenstein", "Dracula" and "The Wolf Man" are either shown with Martin and Lewis or Abbott and Costello alongside or not at all!

2) The clips are most times so brief and out of their originals' place that they just give a momentary shock to the viewer and, for those unfamiliar with these films, will make no sense at all (indeed, the moment where the shark jumps out of the water at Roy Scheider in "Jaws" is shown much to the effect of a sight gag. Whereas, in the original's context, it had power.)

3) Did we really need Pleasance and Allen in the audience reminding us that "it's only a movie" or that most of the violence in the horror movies "is, sadly, against women"? So, is that an indictment against the movie-makers for adding those scenes or the movie-goers who tromp into the theaters and watch the same kind of fodder time and again? Sorry, that's a whole can of worms to open for a more deserving movie.

4) And most importantly, why is the movie so SHORT? It isn't like there wasn't enough of these kinds of movies to use. If they had just opened up their resources and used EVERY available film, they could have had a "That's Entertainment!"-style movie that would have been comparatively more entertaining. Heck, even drag out Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing (Cushing was alive then, mind you) and better yet, even Vincent Price would have been more than willing, I'll bet! What a cheer THAT would have gotten from the audience!

But no... all we're left with is a dreary little flick that pretends to pay homage to these movies but all it does is leave the viewer feeling cheated out of less than 90 minutes with which they could have went and watched a REAL movie. Don't get me wrong; it was good to see what clips they did show, but if they could have just done more with the goods!

Two stars. Another good idea left laying "in the Aisles".
  • Documentary on horror movies set in a cinema, hosted by the legendary Donald Pleasence and Nancy Allen. Clips from films such as Psycho, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?, Rosemary's Baby, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist, Jaws, Halloween, Alien, The Thing, The Fog, Friday the 13th (pt2), Scanners and so on feature. There are also a few non-horrors such as Marathon Man & Nighthawks. The bulk of movies shown date from the early 1960's to the mid 80's, only a little running time is given to the old classics of the 1930's & 40's, which is a shame. They may be tame in comparison but fact is they terrified audiences back in their day, plus they were the foundations of horror. So that's my only complaint. The master of suspense Alfred Hitchcock speaks of his movies, which is great. This film may look incredibly dated to some and younger viewers may not find so much in it but to those of us who were watching horror movies back in the 1980's and earlier this is a real trip down memory lane. And for the full experience watch it on VHS!
    TERROR IN THE AISLES is essentially a compilation of lots (and lots) of scare (not gore) scenes from a wide variety of films, not just horror but science fiction and thrillers too. All decades are covered, from the '30s to the '80s. Unfortunately most of the clips are from popular films like HALLOWEEN, THE SHINING, and THE EXORCIST, which, while justifiable, isn't too interesting for the horror fan who has probably seen these clips, and films, a million times beforehand anyway.

I would have preferred to see clips from rarer, perhaps tackier films, which would have been a lot more fun and interesting. Saying that, there are a couple of clips from films like THE THING WITH TWO HEADS and ALLIGATOR, which make me really want to see these films. Donald Pleasence is on hand to comment on what makes people scared, and he's pretty good value as he gets excited and supposedly frightened about the clips that are showing, and his tongue is firmly in cheek (so you don't really take any of what he is saying seriously, although it sounds good). Nancy Allen also gives commentary, but appears relatively briefly, with most screen time being given to Donald (which is no bad thing). The film was released theatrically, so it must have been an experience to watch a film set in a cinema while actually in a cinema, which isn't something that happens every day (unless you're an obsessive DEMONS fan who owns your own movie theatre).

TERROR IN THE AISLES is fun and passes the time quickly, showing you the best scares from a whole slew of different films, and so it makes a pleasant change from standard viewing. The only problem is that a huge amount of films are spoiled, so be warned in advance. The films included are as follows: Halloween, Jaws, Poltergeist, Carrie, Scanners, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist, The Omen, The Shining, An American Werewolf in London, Friday the 13th, Friday the 13th Part 2, Night of the Living Dead, Alien, Psycho, The Wolf-Man, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Birds, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?, Halloween 2, The Fog, The Thing, Videodrome, Cat People, Frankenstein, Dracula, The Bride of Frankenstein, The Howling, The Fly, Konga, Alligator, The Eyes of Laura Mars, Midnight Express, Nightwing, When a Stranger Calls, Dawn of the Dead, The Seduction, Vice Squad, The Silent Partner, Ms. 45, The Brood, Saturday the 14th, Alone in the Dark, Dressed to Kill, Food of the Gods, Frogs, The Thing With Two Heads, Sisters, Bug, To Catch a Thief, Marathon Man, Scared Stiff, Alfred Hitchcock: Men Who Made the Movies, The Fury, The Phantom of the Paradise, Suspiria, Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, Hold That Ghost, Jaws 2, Play Misty For Me, Klute, Strangers on a Train, Wait Until Dark.
  • It's been years since I have seen this film - I saw it again after a long time of no see. I was a teen the last time I saw it and I recalled just how much I loved this movie then and after watching it again all these years later I still found this to be a great horror film - and now I consider it a nugget.

Why do we watch horror films? What is that keeps us watching and going back to watch more of them? What is worse - you may find yourself alone in the dark after watching one.

Terror in the Aisles is great film copulation that horror fans should watch. It's loads of fun - and good old fashioned horror.

When I was very young, way back in the eighties, I wasn't allowed to watch horror movies. Phooey! So instead, in a what-is-an-internet? world, I got my fix by reading (and re-reading dozens of times) the backs of the Styrofoam-filled VHS boxes in the Horror section of the Fry's Food Store's video rental.

Somehow, somewhere, I got a viewing (SHHH! Don't tell my parents) of Terror in the Aisles and lo! Behold! Dozens of horror movie clips all at once and from forbidden movies! Needless to write, that was Heaven at that time.

At that time.

Nearly three decades later (see? I said I was very young) I've watched it again. Eh. Well, I'm sure it was good back then, but hell on wheelsÂ…SPOILER alerts! You better have seen these horror movies it documented or the clips shown literally gives away 90% of the scares, shocks and in most cases, the ending. Not to mention, probably a third of all snippets were from Halloween. (Yeah, I know, Donald Pleasence was one of two hosts, so gee, I wonder why.)

Okay, here's the problem. This "Terror" documentary never bothered to label each movie scene, ala "From Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho (1960)," even though this movie was basically an advertisement for each film shown. In fact, to this day, I haven't seen all the movies shown, so how am I supposed to match up "scenes" from movies and then go and rent/buy them without knowing which clip was from which movie mentioned in the end credits?

Nancy Allen (Carrie) was the other co-host and both her and Donny did an excellent job of telling us what we already know about movie scares. But, back in the 80s, much like skipping Bob Saget's annoying and unethically unfunny commentary during America's Funniest Home Videos, I was more interested in seeing the next clip and the next. And for what it's worth and for fans of the terror-genre (Notice: not just horror, but all-around "terror" films) it's a quick 80 or so minutes of back-to-back gems. Even when Michael Myers takes center stage a tad too much.

I mean, really. Jason had donned his mask by the time of this filming! Show some more Camp Crystal Lake footage!
  • This is a surprisingly good collection of some of the best moments in terror, horror and suspense from the early days of film right up until this film was produced. The effective use of Donald Pleasence [famous for Halloween] and Nancy Allen [Dressed to Kill] as hosts, sitting in a darkened theater, is aided by a seamlessly edited grouping of clips by Greg McClatchy and supported by a very expensive sounding and well composed score by John Beal. Don't miss this! I know it is available on VHS, and Laserdisc, I'm told a DVD is forthcoming.
  • jaws!30 April 1999
    terror in the aisies is a movie about countless horror,and crime triller clips. the movie is hosted by donald pleasence,and nancy allen. they tell all about horror movies. like why they are made,and why we like them so much. i thought it was a good entertaining movie. not just horror clips,but people watching them as they're playing,and pleasence,and nancy allen telling all the tricks,and trades of mostly horror,and crime trillers.i give terror in the aisles *** out of ****
  • Technically well-made documentary type horror film featuring clips from over 75 terror and suspense films. They include "Psycho," "Halloween" I and II, "Jaws," "Friday the 13th, Part 2" (why not part 1?), "Night of the Living Dead," "The Fly" and the list goes on. Donald Pleasence ("Halloween") and Nancy Allen ("Dressed to Kill," "Carrie") provide commentary that could pass for tips on how to make a good horror film. My evaluation: ** out of ****.
  • "Terror in the Aisles" is a well done horror documentary about horror and crime films released before 1984. Donald Pleasence and Nancy Allen are wonderful as the hosts giving it a creepy atmosphere. This gives you great ideas on what horror and crime films to rent. Some of the films included are "Halloween I and II", "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "Friday the 13th I and II", "Nighthawks", and the first two "Jaws" films.
  • Terror in the Aisles is a compilation of clips from various horror movies, focusing primarily on works from the 1970s and early 1980s. Although it was produced by Universal, it casts a wide net, featuring Friday the 13th and other franchises from different studios.

The film is a rather bland appreciation of the modern horror genre. Donald Pleasance and Nancy Allen provide adequate narration, although they don't offer any real insights. Furthermore, all the movie does is show clips, without offering any analysis of why these movies scare us.

Furthermore, some of the films excerpted seem rather odd choices. For instance, there are numerous clips from the Sylvester Stallone film Nighthawks, never mind the fact that it is an action film. This kind of sloppiness undermines the film as a whole.